• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD |OT|

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
z6B8H.png

fDhlC.png

Platforms:
PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Network

Release Dates:
JP - November 1, 2012 (Retail)
NA - October 30, 2012 (PSN)
PAL - October 31, 2012 (PSN)

Additions:
- Skippable Text
- HD Graphics
- Move Support

cZuMf.png

The game is set in a Nippon based on Japanese classic history, and begins with a flashback to events 100 years prior to the game's present;
the narrator describes how Shiranui, a pure white wolf, and Nagi, a swordsman, together fought the eight-headed demon Orochi to save
Kamiki Village and the maiden Nami, Nagi's beloved. Shiranui and Nagi are unable to defeat Orochi, but manage to seal the demon away.

In the game's present, Susano, a descendant of Nagi and self-proclaimed greatest warrior, breaks Orochi's seal due to the fact that he does
not believe in the legend and wants to prove it false; Orochi escapes and curses the lands, sapping the life from every living being. Sakuya,
the wood sprite and guardian of Kamiki Village, calls forth Amaterasu, the sun goddess, known to the villagers as the reincarnation of the
white wolf Shiranui, and pleads for her to remove the curse that covers the land. Accompanied by the artist Issun (an inch-high
creature known as a Poncle), Amaterasu is able to restore the land to its former beauty.

DR1Lj.png

Videos:

Reveal Trailer
Flowering Trailer
Renaissance Trailer
Taka Pass Restoration Trailer

Screenshots:

XPeSF.png

Coming Soon!

Credits:
Wikipedia

Aeana

Looking forward to playing Okami 2 again, but too bad I have to go through Okami 1 to get to it. I've played that one so many times now. Probably will skip Okami 3.

DonMigs85

HD graphics are very tempting
Might even consider getting a Move for this
But fighting all those stupid bosses over again? Arghahahfhh

randomkid

Looking forward to playing Okami 2 again, but too bad I have to go through Okami 1 to get to it. I've played that one so many times now. Probably will skip Okami 3.

DQ7 apologists aren't allowed to make padding jokes.

(Okami 2 is also my favorite)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahh finally, release date. It's 15 bucks in PSN right?

Can't wait for Platinum's take on their version too. Hachiko, Fenrir, etc.

AAK

Can you skip the into this time?

There's no way I have time to play this considering my backlog but I did play a good portion of the ps2 version and the game truly is phenomenal.

Grisby

The game that kept on giving...and giving.

I'll pick this up eventually in the slower months but I wanted to stop in and say good work on the OT.

I didn't know this was coming so soon, I'm fairly excite.

What resolution is this in?

Am I crazy for liking the entire trilogy?

genjiZERO

Thinking of picking it up. I never finished the PS2 one (stupid Final Fantasy 12 got in the way). This is the type of game I can get into.

I stopped playing the PS2 version because of this announcement.

I got up to the point where
I turned miniscule, and was trying to avoid getting stepped on.
Anyone know how much longer I would have had until I beat the game?

TheContact

I bought Okami on the Wii but I couldn't stand how bad the visuals were so I barely played it. I'm so glad they're doing an HD remake of this game, it truly deserves it. I can't wait to get this.

DonMigs85

At least 50 more hours or so.

KTallguy

Banned
Any changes other than HD?

And is it REALLY that long if I don't get all the collectibles? What's the fastest time you can beat the game in?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

about half way

game has alot of content. alot of people get fatigued playing it but looking back I really like the length.

wish you could import PS2 saves. Would love to use some of the mirror stuff I unlocked by getting all the beads.

dralla

this game is great, but holy shit does it take forever to get going, the super slow beginning is one part of zelda they should not have copied.

KTallguy

Banned
In the OP:

Doh! Thanks. I thought they changed the combat a bit to make it better, like the space wasn't as tight or something... maybe it's only graphical.

I kinda wish there were tweaks to it, but at the same time it's nice that it's preserved in time. I'm going to order the Japanese copy so I have it on disk. I really wish that they released a small run of collectors editions on disk in the US.

Now we just pray to the framerate gods...

I loved the game and will absolutely buy that HD version

I'm ashamed to tell I stopped playing at the point of no return because I wanted to get everything else first...but I never got back to it =( This time I really want to get to the end (while still collecting the rest).

Luigison

This is tempting if the analog drawing is good and if my PS3 hadn't crashed.

I'm interested in a Wii U HD remake also since you could actually draw on it although it might slow down battles.

NZNova

Hmm, I have a move controller sitting around doing nothing, might be good to have something to use it for. What's the consensus on move vs. analog drawing?

I already own the PS2 and Wii versions... maybe a third purchase will motivate me to actually play it...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! I'll play the shit out of this.

After I'm done with my exams this December.

Top Bottom