• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD |OT|

Great! I only played Okami on PS2 for less than an hour, but I recall being irritated that I could not skip text when I was done reading. The game dialogue is in Banjo-Kazooie/Animal Crossing-esque incoherent talking, why the hell was I being forced to hear it?
You're not. Go to the options and turn off the sound effects.

Also the PS2 version had skippable text. Only after you beat the game. There was always a fast forward button with square though, which worked in non cutscenes.

genjiZERO

As a Shintoist I find this game offensive. How dare they present the Sun Goddess as a base animal. I demand that all depictions of Shintoism be removed.

As a Shintoist I find this game offensive. How dare they present the Sun Goddess as a base animal. I demand that all depictions of Shintoism be removed.

Presenting, the brand new Okami HD!

B2rFq.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No FPS dips I take it?

Hmm looks like the trophies are easy to snag too. The gold ones in particular are easy to obtain.

Kisaya

I'm so excited to finally play Okami ;__; Been waiting years to finally play since the PS2 version was hard for me to find. If my power isn't out on Tuesday I'm def picking this up day one!

Ms. Tea

Two hours in, it's holding steady at 30.

That clip has "blinding white" Amaterasu like some of the screenshots, but I noticed there were others that had a more pronounced paper filter like the PS2 version did. I remember hearing early on that there was supposed to be an option to tweak the filter; have you given that a try?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Picked up my PSN card in preparation. So much hype for this HD remake.

It's going to be beautiful.

KQuBa.gif

quabba

KQuBa.gif

Yep got my psn code ready for store update. So excited to be able to play this game with a normal controller in HD. I have the wii version and loved it but gave up on it after a few hours due to the horrible combat controls.

That clip has "blinding white" Amaterasu like some of the screenshots, but I noticed there were others that had a more pronounced paper filter like the PS2 version did. I remember hearing early on that there was supposed to be an option to tweak the filter; have you given that a try?

Did the original not have a 'light'', 'normal', 'heavy' filter? This new version does.

DonMigs85

Hnnggg, can't decide
My Wii version is essentially useless now... But dare I replay this game and endure the long, repeating boss fights again?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Never played Okami but just picked it up for the Wii(and just picked up the console itself).

I'm playing Skyward Sword, loving it, and about to beat it. Will I get burned out if I start Okami? Is the gameplay that similar? Keep in mind I have Xenoblade as well, and am dying to start that but I've wanted to try Okami for years.

Never played Okami but just picked it up for the Wii(and just picked up the console itself).

I'm playing Skyward Sword, loving it, and about to beat it. Will I get burned out if I start Okami? Is the gameplay that similar? Keep in mind I have Xenoblade as well, and am dying to start that but I've wanted to try Okami for years.

Yeah, I'd say play something else before firing up Okami. The Okami gameplay is heavily Zelda influenced, and it'll be particularly notable if playing with a move.

Wait, Okami HD? When was this even announced???

Looking forward to playing Okami 2 again, but too bad I have to go through Okami 1 to get to it. I've played that one so many times now. Probably will skip Okami 3.

Wait, Okami 2 and 3? When were those even announced?!?!?

what is happening

Zoc

So is this game 1080p? I remember some screenshots that were 1080p with AA, released at the same time as a PR guy saying the game "supported" 1080p, but I assume those were lies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
To be fair even during your quest to defeat Orochi you'd know there's still more to the game via brushes.

ScOULaris

KQuBa.gif

You have a strange obsession with Tom Hardy, my friend. I looked at your post history, and over half of your posts feature some kind of Hardy GIF.

The original game was split into three distinct chapters. When people say Okami 2, they're referring to the second chapter of the game.

Weren't they four? Each ending at
Orochi, Ninetails, True Orochi, then Yami
? I remember each quarter being relatively independent storywise and each taking about the same time.

God, I still remember loving every second of the game for the first quarter, and thinking that would be it (it was a very reasonable duration)... then getting Okami 2 for free. Then 3. Then 4. Giving and giving indeed, at times I simply couldn't believe that one of my most awaited games of all times was four times as big as I expected. Four times!

I will tell it to you straight, people positing this as a flaw might as well be from another planet to me.

Capcom's always been the king of grammar and punctuation errors.

Surely you jest. Capcpom would never do such a thing.

ubercheez

I am so ready for this.

Wonder how large the game file is, though. Space in my trusty old 60gb is starting to get a bit tight.

Skilletor

I've only played a few hours of Okami.

I have it on PS2.

It runs perfect for me on PCSX2.

I'm buying this version because of skippable text. That's the sole reason.

Weren't they four? Each ending at
Orochi, Ninetails, True Orochi, then Yami
? I remember each quarter being relatively independent storywise and each taking about the same time.
The last section is very short and all boss fights. It happens like...exactly after the third section is done. Unless you're including side quest clean up with the fourth section which would extend play time.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
You have a strange obsession with Tom Hardy, my friend. I looked at your post history, and over half of your posts feature some kind of Hardy GIF.

Gotta keep up my reputation, breh.

l6ijM.gif

Top Bottom