• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami to go multi-platform?!

Culex

Banned
Already discussed at the IGN boards, too. People are misunderstanding him. He said they are trying to go more multiplatform, meaning they are shifting their games more to the PS2 now. He also said the game runs on one single engine, only on the PS2.

No GC version is planned.

neo2046

GC! GC! GC! :D

or NDS ! (just like Goemon) :D

ndsot15.jpg
ndsot16.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The Viewtiful Joe Effect! I'll take the PS2 version, but I wouldn't be surprised if Inaba wanted it ported to the Cube a few months later.

jarrod

Banned
Grizzlyjin said:
The Viewtiful Joe Effect! I'll take the PS2 version, but I wouldn't be surprised if Inaba wanted it ported to the Cube a few months later.
But who'll be the unlockable character?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
jarrod said:
But who'll be the unlockable character?

Viewtiful Joe or Alastor, silly. Actually it might have to be some type of Capcom dog, maybe one of the Resident Evil mutts.

Drinky Crow said:
BUY A PS2.

There are a dozen more things I'd buy before I buy that console. One of which being an Xbox. And theres another dozen things I'll get before one of those. Movies, toys, gadgets, driving lessons.. gamecube games.

in summary. No.

Let a gamecube port actually be a good game for once.

radioheadrule83 said:
There are a dozen more things I'd buy before I buy that console. One of which being an Xbox. And theres another dozen things I'll get before one of those. Movies, toys, gadgets, driving lessons.. gamecube games.

in summary. No.

just fucking buy the console. when you use the phrase "THAT CONSOLE" . ... you deserve a smack.

using deictic words like "that" makes me deserve a smack? Right.
I think telling people what to buy with their hard earned cash is stupid, but I wouldnt say they deserve a smack.

Fuck you.

edit: the tone of my previous posts probably makes me seem more serious than I actually am btw.

Drinky Crow said:
BUY A PS2. It obviously has the games you want to play on it.

Well it has quite a few. And I will probably buy one of the new models. I've said I would get the new PS2 before in other threads....

But I don't know if I'll be doing it anytime soon. know I'm probably buying an Xbox in the first week of November (to familiarise myself with Halo, before Halo 2 comes out)... I've just bought an iPod and a digital Piano (the latter being on finance, so I have constant outgoings)... I still haven't bought iTrip for my iPod, I want to import Nintendo DS, and I still haven't bought: Animal Crossing, Wario Ware Mega Party Game$, and Donkey Konga is out next week. Plus I like to randomly try a third party game every now and then.

But I will get one of the little ones. We had one in our flat a couple of years ago when I moved out for a while and it rocked. I am especially interested in the Final Fantasy games, GTA:SA, Okami, Wanda and the Collosus, Metal Gear Solid 3 etc... and I'd like to play the other GTAs and MGS2 again.

But I'm not in a rush if you get my drift. And yet I'm constantly told: buy an Xbox, buy a Ps2... like I haven't considered it. That's all. Maybe I shouldn't have said "no" if I just meant "not yet" :D

With regard to Okami in particular

Plus I think there's something of a hypocrisy around these events. I don't know if I've seen many people say "BUY A GAMECUBE" in response to port requests.... probably because those games usually end up getting ported? What gets ported to Gamecube? Apart from shite thats 6 months late and lacking content over the other versions, I mean?... Well, it's something for developers to moan about in annual reports I guess.

Basically, I think Okami is a nice looking game - with the kind of appeal Viewtiful Joe has. And that is deemed a suitable fit for Gamecube. Why not this?

Deku Tree

Link316 said:
nah, we all know how badly ports & multiplatform games usually sell on the GC

Like the Sonic Adventure DX & Sonic Heroes... oh wait. You see I was not thinking in general but instead about this "kind of game."

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
radioheadrule83 said:

in summary. No.

Just buy a PS2. I only own the GameCube and i have seen the light. The GameCube + PS2 combo is unbeatable, DO IT.

ManaByte

Gold Member
radioheadrule83 said:

in summary. No.

You are not a gamer, you're a blind fanboy. Buy a fucking PS2 and grow some balls.

Link316

Banned
Deku Tree said:
Like the Sonic Adventure DX & Sonic Heroes... oh wait. You see I was not thinking in general but instead about this "kind of game."

Sonic Heroes was released on the GC first, you're also comparing apples & oranges cause Sonic's a popular well known brand while Okami's an original IP

jarrod

Banned
Link316 said:
Sonic Heroes was released on the GC first, you're also comparing apples & oranges cause Sonic's a popular well known brand while Okami's an original IP
Well, what ports and multiplatform games were you thinking then?

Code_Link

In any case, it would go to GCN, seeing as Capcom is one of the best supporters of the Cube, and because they cut off Xbox support.

So yeah, GCN...

Link316

Banned
jarrod said:
Well, what ports and multiplatform games were you thinking then?

I would like an instance where a PS2 or Xbox game that was later ported to the GC ended up selling well on the GC or multiplatform games that were released simultaneously where the GC version sold the best

oh and don't bother mentioning SC2 unless Link's gonna make an appearance in a GC version of Okami ;)

jarrod

Banned
Link316 said:
I would like an instance where a PS2 or Xbox game that was later ported to the GC ended up selling well on the GC or multiplatform games that were released simultaneously where the GC version sold the best

oh and don't bother mentioning SC2 unless Link's gonna make an appearance in a GC version of Okami ;)
Unfortunately.... I asked first. :p

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
After watching the video, Inaba seems very adamant about getting this game to as many people as possible. With that i expect them to release in on the cube as well. When is the release date for this? I couldn't find it on IGNPS2.

He also said they are making it specifically for PS2 first, so that version will come out first and probably be graphically superior.

deadlifter said:
The GameCube + PS2 combo is unbeatable
No it's not:

GC + PS2 + XBOX = unbeatable*

Thou shalt not be denied of any gaming goodness

*and no, I'm not counting the portable market in the equation

Mashing

Culex said:
No GC version is planned.

They said the same thing for Killer 7 and Viewtiful Joe... it amounts to hill of beans another words. I'll pick this game up on PS2 though becuase, unlike those idiots in Japan, I'll pick up a good game on the first system it's released on instead of waiting for a late port (*cougH*ToS*cough).

Top Bottom