• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay Mastiff, WTF? Technic Beat related

The only reason why I didn't bump on older Technic Beat topic is because they're too many to choose from related to this...

So what's the deal? Is this f'n game out or what? I keep hearing way too many conflicting stories.

First off, no store I checked seems to be carrying it, or intends to. Secondly, if you go to Gamestop.com, they say it's available. I used the search function to determine which stores closest has it, and got their numbers. I called or went personally and none of them have it, despite info to the contrary. "The website is wrong" they all said, some of them curtly. Also, the Gamestop page lists the publishers as CokeM Interactive. Take a look.

Secondly, I went to EB.com and found this: not only do they have it listed as coming out on December 12 (?) but being published by 3DO? WTF?

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
"Ordering online" is the new "going to a store" -- the whole brick & mortar experience is so 2002.

But for real though -- whatcha got against mail order?

Over the past year there's been more than a handful of games that I've been forced to get online because no one in Chicago was stocking them. Road Trip: Shifting Gears, Bubble Bobble Old and New, Nightmare of Druaga, Technic Beat, and I'm not expecting much for the upcoming Choro-Q -- all the goodies are pretty much internet-only affairs.

brandonnn said:
"Ordering online" is the new "going to a store" -- the whole brick & mortar experience is so 2002.

But for real though -- whatcha got against mail order?

Over the past year there's been more than a handful of games that I've been forced to get online because no one in Chicago was stocking them. Road Trip: Shifting Gears, Bubble Bobble Old and New, Nightmare of Druaga, Technic Beat, and I'm not expecting much for the upcoming Choro-Q -- all the goodies are pretty much internet-only affairs.
It's really fucking sad that "specialty shops" like EB and GS won't carry "specialty items" or rarely keep them instock. Just one more reason to take my business elsewhere (not like it's my choice in this case, though). Some EBs and GSs will never carry certain games based off their "Class" system. Games like Technic Beat are "C" class and certain stores won't ever stock "C" games, based off bullshit distribution decisions. Irks, to say the least.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
To be fair, I think you're far more likely to find it at an EB or GS than a large electronics distributor. My store got in 4 copies (!?!)...and I'm the only person to have bought one since release.

And I paid $20 dammit. It's worth it though, great game.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I have noticed that it has been easier to find specialty titles at Fry's and Toys R Us recently. I really don't see why I buy anything at EB or Gamestop.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Does anyone wanna buy me a copy and ship it to me at cost? The cheapest shipping option at the above link puts it at about $27, and I'd like to be able to save the $6 or so...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'll sell mine for 17.99 + shipping, its been open but its in pefect shape

daMandus

GDJustin said:
Does anyone wanna buy me a copy and ship it to me at cost? The cheapest shipping option at the above link puts it at about $27, and I'd like to be able to save the $6 or so...

There are some copies at Ebay. "Buy now" at $15. Don't remember the cost for shipping.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
daMandus said:
There are some copies at Ebay. "Buy now" at $15. Don't remember the cost for shipping.

Done and done. Thanks. The shipping was $5, so it was 19.99 shipped.

Belfast

Yeah I'll order it once I get the cash to do so, which unfortunately may not be until after the MGS3/Prime 2 rush next wekk. :(

Jason

I checked a bunch of stores in downtown Toronto and came up with nothing. I even went to that shady one on Yonge street and had an amusing conversation with the store owner.

"do you have technic beat?"
"tekken?"
"no, technic beat. tech-nic"
"tek-ken?"
"grrrrr"

Top Bottom