• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Old? Killzone & GT4 = 2005 possibly?

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/536/536843p1.html

It's no secret that 2004 is one of the biggest years for software in the history of the market, but we've been hearing rumblings that the season could get somewhat softened with probable delays for Sony's pair of heavy hitters Killzone and Gran Turismo 4, along with Capcom's own big actioner Devil May Cry 3.

But why the delays in the first place? In the case of GT4 and DMC3, the games simply may not be ready yet. While Killzone's delay could likely be blamed on the huge lineup of PS2 software already planned for the winter months and the probability that it may have to go head to head with Halo 2 on the store shelves. With all three games currently scheduled to appear sometime near the end of the year, it could be a big blow for the Christmas market if the rumor of delays turns out to be true.

Korranator

SolidSnakex said:
I wouldn't be surprised over GT4 being delayed. Sony's already said it's a possiblity that it'd be delayed.
I wouldn't be surprised either, since they delayed GT3 countless times.

I just read on Magic Box that Kaz has said that GT4 is only 75% complete although he believes it'll be released by the end of this year. I don't see it if they're only that far along so far.

Meier

How funny that Killzone might be delayed due to Halo 2's release when it was supposed to be Halo 1's "killer." :lol

OsamaGT said:
What the fuck!? COME ON! I'm sick of fucking waiting!

It figures. Sony constantly delayed GT 3. Its no surprise GT4 would going through the same thing.
At least for XBOX/Ps2 owners there is FORZA and other great racers to soften the blow until it comes out. Polyphony militants like Osama GT will just have to grin and bear it.

Blazing Sword said:
It figures. Sony constantly delayed GT 3. Its no surprise GT4 would going through the same thing.

People seem to confuse dates put up by Sony and dates put up by sites like EB and GameStop. Because Sony didn't delay GT3 much based on their own release dates.

Shinobi

It really doesn't matter with GT4...as long as it comes out before the end of the fiscal year, Sony will be fine. It's one of those games that's gonna sell 5 million+ units no matter which day it's released on.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Blazing Sword said:
At least for XBOX/Ps2 owners there is FORZA and other great racers to soften the blow until it comes out. Polyphony militants like Osama GT will just have to grin and bear it.

Sony never delayed GT3. The day they announced an April (JAP) and June (USA) release date for it, it never changed. I know you're still bitter about the ownage I served you in the FORZA thread, but still...please shut the fuck up. :)

Alcibiades

Well, if it does make Nov. it's going to be brutal competition with GT4 and NFS: Underground 2 due within day(s) of each other, but one is aimed at the Madden/GTA casual audience, while the other probably was going for the built-in 3 million+ audience it already has...

That said, if both of these (GT4 & Killzone) are delayed, it might be Capcom's opportunity to have some unexpected "miraculous progess" on RE4 since it'll be less crowded...

Alcibiades

AniHawk said:
Viewtiful Joe PS2, RE Outbreak 2, Mega Man Zero 3, Mega Man X: Command Mission, Mega Man X8, and Under the Skin.

Actually, I think RE: Outbreak 2 is due for 2005 now...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I really wanted GT4... ah well :(
Not to say I have nothing to play, but I was looking foward to a new simulation racing game.

Burnout 3 will have to fill the hole in the meantime.

I just hope the extra time goes to good use.

Assuming it comes out next year

Insertia

ah this sucks.
Screw Killzone and DMC3, this fall was all about GT4. If it's pushed back i'll be pissed. I've been looking forward to GT4 more then anything.

Well, it's hard to complain when MGS3, GTA:SA, and Ace Combat 5 are still there. :)

Solid

GT4 delayed again? That's actually good. I won't have time for it this year since I have GTA:SA and Halo 2.

But all this GT4 delays is getting rather ridiculous.

Socreges

Banned
Insertia said:
Well, it's hard to complain when MGS3, GTA:SA, and Ace Combat 5 are still there.
Wurd. I might have skipped on GT4 that very reason. So I actually appreciate this.

Mike Works said:
Hahaha, that'd be pretty funny if the Halo killer got delayed because it wouldn't be able to compete with Halo
Reminds me of the bully who challenges people to fights at the jungle gym and then tries to compromise when they actually show up.

Shinobi

I'll never understand the silly logic that allows people to be thankful for delays...like you can't just buy the damn game three or four months after release.

Very weak PS2 lineup for me this holiday without GT4.

Electronic Arts would love it though. Need for Speed Underground 2 should be the top racing game of the year then. I just have no idea how Burnout 3 and Forza will do saleswise.

AlphaSnake

Mike Works said:
Hahaha, that'd be pretty funny if the Halo killer got delayed because it wouldn't be able to compete with Halo

They might as well scrap the game. It looks pretty, but plays like assbiscuits! And I'm not talkin' about the good kind of assbiscuits, I'm talkin' Popeyes assbiscuits.

Megat0n

It's about right, though i haven't been following them closely, they never seemed like they would make 2004.

Megat0n said:
It's about right, though i haven't been following them closely, they never seemed like they would make 2004.

Well GT4 actually looks complete, Killzone is the one that i've always thought needed alot more work before its released going on impressions. Maybe Kaz really did get all those European car licenses since he said he'd delay they game up to 6 months if that was possible.

BeOnEdge

Banned
smart move by sony. THEY KNOW that EAs racing games would eat GT4s sales. they are better off releasing in february when the drought starts. I'd said the same thing for capcom and the release of SFA for xbox. this winter is just too packed with stuff for everything to succeed.

BuddyC

The weird part is that the Killzone beta is starting soon, with 10,000 participants. It's probably more for server load than bug testing, especially with such a large number.

AlphaSnake

At this poing, I don't give a shit when the US GT4 is out. I want the damn import to hit before year's end. Sony better abort their simultaneous launch stance -- few companies have stuck to a simultaneous launch plan anyways.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Speaking of NFS:U IIRC isn't U2 being released almost a year to the day that Underground was released?

Socreges

Banned
Shinobi said:
I'll never understand the silly logic that allows people to be thankful for delays...like you can't just buy the damn game three or four months after release.
Well, think about it. Particularly with an online game like GT4, it kind of sucks to hop aboard a few months later. I want to be there during the first weeks of the community when everyone's in the same boat. It'll be fun.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Sony never delayed GT3. The day they announced an April (JAP) and June (USA) release date for it, it never changed. I know you're still bitter about the ownage I served you in the FORZA thread, but still...please shut the fuck up."

GT3 was delayed in Japan - real late on. I preordered the wheel and game, and about 1 week before the initial launch it was put back a month or so.

jarrod

Banned
For Capcom USA's upcoming lineup....

-Disney's Aladdin (GBA)
-MegaMan Anniversary Collection (GBA)
-MegaMan X8 (PS2)
-MegaMan X: Command Mission (GC/PS2)
-MegaMan Zero 3 (GBA)
-Monster Hunter (PS2)
-Shadow of Rome (PS2)
-Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (PS2)
-Under the Skin (PS2)
-Viewtiful Joe (PS2)

-Capcom Fighting Evolution (PS2/XB)
-DarkStalkers Chronicle (PSP)
-Devil May Cry 3 (PS2)
-Devil May Cry series (PSP)
-Dinsey's Magical Quest 3 starring Mickey & Donald (GBA)
-Ghouls N' Ghosts Online Zero (PC/XB)
-Killer 7 (GC)
-MegaMan Battle Network series (DS)
-Ookami (PS2)
-Resident Evil 4 (GC)
-Resident Evil Outbreak: File 2 (PS2)
-Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (XB)
-Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge (PS2)
-Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC/PS2)
-Viewtiful Joe series (DS/PSP)

Kudie

Shinobi said:

Part of the fun for me when playing a new game is to play it when it is just released, a time when most others are playing the game and enjoying it at the same time as you. Being "late to the party" stinks because, by that time, a lot of the hype and anticipation has been diminished and you are playing a game, although still the same great game, which others have moved on from and are not talking about.

Deepthroat said:
What about Konami?

914828_20040511_screen004.jpg

And some other stuff. :p

Gradius V
Neo Contra
Boktai 2
SH4
TMNT 2
Rumble Roses

Solid

AniHawk said:
But there's only 7 games for them coming out between now and the end of the year.
Compare those 7 games to Capcom's complete line-up. I'd say Konami wins pretty easy.

Top Bottom