• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

olimario is back from Mexico Beach, FL - 12 pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

olimario

Banned
Well... I'm back from a week in beautiful Mexico Beach, Florida. It's a small town just east of Panama City and it rocks all things. I headed up with a few friends of mine, and old friend and her family and friends, and my best friend and his family. One of the best vacations I've taken.

Here is where we stayed. Multimillion dollar place right on the beach thanks to my friend Adam's grandparents who are filthy stinkin' rich.
fl01.jpg

The view from the back porch of the place.
fl02.jpg

and a shot from the end of the wooden walkway to the beach.
fl03.jpg

Here is one shot of the inside, taken from the middle of the living room and getting some of the kitchen.
fl04.jpg

A game we played called 'Washers'.

You have 2 boards covered in astroturf like the one you see spaced exactly 2 board lengeths apart. Each board has 3 4 inch holes in it and each player had 3 3.5 inch washers to throw.
You usually play in teams of 2. One member will stay at one board and one member at the other board. The goal of the game is to throw the washers into the holes and gain exactly 21 points. The closest hole is worth 1 point, middle 3, and furthest 5. One player will toss all 3 washers, then his opponent on his side will toss all 3 of his. You can knock your opponents washers in and your opponents will get the points for it. After that side throws, the other side picks them up and tosses back.

Let's say you go over 21. If you have 19 points and you sink a 3, you subtract 3 from the original 19 and are left with 16.
fl05.jpg

We cooked out almost every night we were there. This is pork and vegetables here, but here's the list of the other things we had this week.
--ribs--pork tenderloin--bbq chicken--shrimp--

Good GOD it was a good week for eatin'
fl06.jpg

I swear we didn't go inside and didn't stop playing the entire week. Here's steven playing catch on the beach with his older brother, Adam.

We did the baseball thing on the beach, football, volleyball, frisbee. We found a baseball field and hit a bunch of tennis balls in a homerun derby. Also found a covered basketball court and did a couple hours of bball one day. It's great having such an athletic group of friends.
fl07.jpg

Here are Chris and Adam, the two guys I played guitar with that week. Excellent musicians and great singers.
fl08.jpg

The ALMIGHTY Potato Gun! This was a trip to the hardware store and a few bucks well spent. We fired a ton of potatos from the back porch well into the water and we had Steven out there trying to catch them. He did snag a couple.
fl09.jpg

Then we shifted our aim from steven to nearby palm trees and Steven got confused and slightly upset... but mostly confused.
fl10.jpg

Local arcade and pool hall. Any arcade with final fight and galaga is a great arcade in my book.
fl11.jpg

A sun sets on an awesome vacation. I had more fun than these pictures could EVER express. Can't wait for the trip back next year.
fl12.jpg

jenov4

haha I was also going to mention that, but I decided to be nice. I think GAF has permanently scarred him.

Mason

B+
A definite improvement over your previous threads, but it's missing that extra something that would have pushed it over to an A. Maybe add in a funny little story next time. Overall, great effort. Much improved.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Looks great. Pretty much every holiday I've ever been on has sucked, so I haven't bothered for a few years.

This sort of thing sounds good though...well, most of it. Not that I could afford to rent out a place like that or anything.

olimario

Banned
B+ I can deal with. Thanks. Nothing funny really happened that I can explain, so I went with the 'explain an awesome game I learned' approach.

The girly didn't go on the trip, but I'm back home and with her and it rocks. We went on a double date with my sister and her husband.

fl13.jpg

Mexican food + Barnes and Noble + Spiderman 2

Desperado

Hey I was just playin 'bout your girl, I knew someone else was gonna mention her...

your sis's husband looks like a total dork.

olimario

Banned
Desperado said:
Hey I was just playin 'bout your girl, I knew someone else was gonna mention her...

your sis's husband looks like a total dork.

Then looks are completely off. Really a cool, laid back and funny guy. Very athletic and into backpacking, rock climbing, and biking. He works at REI and he and my sister are going on a 6 week tour of Europe this fall. Honestly the nicest, coolest, most accepting people I know. ROCK ON!

Greekboy

Banned
Why rip into his sister's hubby when you know nothing about him?! At least olimario has the balls to put pics up. Let's see pics of your "cool" and "hip" brother or sisterinlaw.

Desperado

Lisa Lashes said:
Why rip into his sister's hubby when you know nothing about him?! At least olimario has the balls to put pics up. Let's see pics of your "cool" and "hip" brother or sisterinlaw.

Jesus Christ what the hell is up everybody's ass?

sorry oli.

olimario

Banned
My old friend Lindsay and her friend Jen playing Volleyball.
fl14.jpg

Adam burying his little sister, Erin. A sand penis was erected above her crotch shortly after she was buried.
fl15.jpg

Chris reading a Stephen King novel on the beach. He did a lot of reading that week. Stephen King and the Bourne Supremacy.
fl16.jpg

Steven drinking Apple Juice and watching LA news in our crappy motel in LaFayette.
fl17.jpg

A creepy LaFayette morning. Lots of fog, a creepy sun, and a stray dog.
fl18.jpg

marsomega

Awesome. Seems like the summer vacation to write about or make a movie about. Great pictures too. The first ones you showed in the first thread look too good to be true almost like they were from a post card.

Great vacation, glad you enjoyed Florida.

olimario

Banned
marsomega said:
Awesome. Seems like the summer vacation to write about or make a movie about. Great pictures too. The first ones you showed in the first thread look too good to be true almost like they were from a post card.

Great vacation, glad you enjoyed Florida.

I wouldn't say it was that interesting, but absolutely a great time.
Thanks for the kind words about the pictures. You're right, the whole place was postcard worthy. Here are a couple more postcardish shots.

fl19.jpg

fl20.jpg

olimario

Banned
mrmyth said:
fl14.jpg

Assuming they aren't underage, these are the pics you should've started the thread off with.

They aren't attractive in the least, really.
I'll put up another picture of their faces.

fl22.jpg

and here is another cool picture I took of Adam's Aunt, Sandra, her husband, and their kid.
fl21.jpg

marsomega

olimario said:
I wouldn't say it was that interesting, but absolutely a great time.
Thanks for the kind words about the pictures. You're right, the whole place was postcard worthy. Here are a couple more postcardish shots.

fl19.jpg

fl20.jpg

they rock... :)

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Nice photos. I've started improving my photography skill by looking for some pointers online. Your photos are pretty inspiring.

I'll take your photos raise you with my own photos !

FrontyardFlower.JPG

FrontyardFlower2.JPG

BackyardHouse.JPG

mrmyth

olimario said:
They aren't attractive in the least, really.
I'll put up another picture of their faces.

fl22.jpg

and here is another cool picture I took of Adam's Aunt, Sandra, her husband, and their kid.
fl21.jpg

Dude, I said assuming. I don't need shots of their faces.

Focus Focus!

I have a Sony Cybershoot P72 and have been taking pics of crap, have some really nice ones at home. The big trick is getting exposure in low light right, the camera gets weird inside, but outside its awesome.

nitewulf

olimario, stray dog picture is fantatsic, did you take others w/ diff exposure settings and perhaps zoomed in on the dog?
netmapel, resize please.
should we open up a digi cam picture thread...good idea? yes/no?

olimario

Banned
AssMan said:
Ugly chicks: Good from far, far from good looking!

WTF!!!??? I thought Andre the Giant was dead!??
fl09.jpg

HAH!
He's a 17 year old, 6'8, 235 OAF!
He plays LaCrosse and Football and already has a ton of colleges on his ass

Greekboy

Banned
olimario said:
HAH!
He's a 17 year old, 6'8, 235 OAF!
He plays LaCrosse and Football and already has a ton of colleges on his ass

Quite skinny for that height but he is still young. Great potential though.

olimario

Banned
kitchenmotors said:
What, no shirtless pics of you? I'm disappointed, I figured with your recent weight loss you'd be showing yourself off. :p

I did all of the photo taking :( The only picture I have of myself is of me walking down the street.
I'd be happy to show off my shirtless self. In fact, theres a picture of me shirtless on someone elses camera... I'll have them e-mail it to me.

fart

Savant
last tuesday i went to the beach with janet maria solokov christina i'm so in love with her. we were going to make a castle, like, out of sand! it was maria janet's idea; she's so pretty when she has these zany ideas. we built half the castle then i told her how much i loved her and it washed away.

so has anyone else ever built a "sand-castle"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom