• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[OLY] Portugal OWNED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubsfan23

Banned
No matter what side you're on in the Iraq War debate, it's nice to see the Iraqi athletes actually be able to enjoy the olympics, and I'm sure the citizens are having fun cheering them on. We take that stuff for granted here.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Olympic soccer is basically the U23 team, with TWO over 23 year old players.

Portugal finished second in the European tournament, thus qualified - so they aren't crap by any stretch of the imagination.

Ronaldo is awesome as well.

As mentioned elsewhere, a major shock.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
lol. My Portuguese girlfriend is gonna flip.
She made my life hell after the england game.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Twas a great game. The Iraqis looked energized and psyched to be there, winning most of the 50-50 balls.

The refs were really shitty calling offsides when the portugese were onside, probably cost them a goal or two, not to mention the red card and a bunch of yellows that were not warranted..

Tool said:
Portugese fans can now go back to what they know how to do best -- supporting Brazil.

Well ill sure be supporting Portugal in the next worldcup that's for sure, and guess what, we're probably going to have another brazilian in our team, DERLEI, why would i support the Brazil when i will have 2 in the Portuguese one.....

Miburou

You can have THREE over-age players in an olympic team. Note that the other players don't need to be under 23, just being born in 1981 or after is enough.

And Ronaldo should've been red carded and kicked out of the tournament. I guess the ref was compensating when he sent off the other Portugese player towards the end of the game.

As for Ghana, don't forget that the last two olympics were won by Nigeria and Cameroon. What I don't understand is why are there only 3 European teams and 2 South Americans, yet there are 3 North American teams and 3 Asians in the torunament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom