• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMG OMG OMG The new Transformers anime series is soo badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

XS+

Banned
It's totally canon, taking place right before the events of the TF movie (before Decepticons take over Cybertron and everything is all doom and gloom for the Autobots)

All the TFs are cg CELL-SHADED easily making this the coolest-looking TF production to date (the movie taking 2nd place imo); the humans (like Daniel's kid and his friends) are handdrawn

The TFs are redesigned (for better and for worse, ex. Wheeljack looks better than ever, Shockwave looks so freaking sinister it's not funny, the Quintisons or however you spell it look fuggin sweet, Bumblebee actually looks cool instead of a childrens' playtoy; Optimus looks pretty dumb though)

Hotrod and Optimus join together Voltron-style and I think the same goes for Megatron and one of the Decepticon aircraft

Unicron is in the series and so is OMEGA SUPREME my most wanted TF toy from back in the day

The show can get light-hearted with that Pokemon-ish humor, but the Decepticons are almost always in dark dwellings, and there's some serious battles and ass-kicking when both factions butt heads. I think it's a good balance and the show ends up feeling totally olskool G1 even though it's been updated for the '00s

I know most GAFers are newshound knowitalls who heard of this series already but I just wanted to talk about it anyway, just because the show ROCKS. It airs Fridays at 6pm for all the Gaffers in Tokyo who LOVE Transformers.

Anyone know when this show started airing? This show better end up in the US, with all the same voice actors from the US TV show!!!

XS+

Banned
Hawksley said:
Sounds like Armada... is it Armada?... do I have to cry out in anguish and smite you now?
I dunno what Armada is, but I'm gonna say this is a different series..

EDIT: Only little problems with the show is there's no 'Autobot emblem ~ Decepticon emblem' transition when they switch settings, and instead of the CLASSIC 'transforming' sound effect, the TFs yell out "Transforrm!" and change form. Wack..

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
No way it can be Masterforce. Sounds like Tranformers Superlink/Energon. In terms of Transformers Anime:

Beast Wars II > Superlink :D

XS+

Banned
Defensor said:
Beast Wars II > Superlink :D
Motor Vehicles >>>>>> Monkeys

Seriously, Beast Wars was a good show but give props to what's effectively the PREQUEL to the TF movie (aka The Greatest Story Ever Told). If seeing cell-shaded versions of oldskool Transformers has no effect on you, you're not all that much of a TF fan.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
XS+ said:
Motor Vehicles >>>>>> Monkeys

Seriously, Beast Wars was a good show but give props to what's effectively the PREQUEL to the TF movie (aka The Greatest Story Ever Told). If seeing cell-shaded versions of oldskool Transformers has no effect on you, you're not all that much of a TF fan.

Convoy Council does not approve of this answer:
08_ConvoyCouncil.jpg

:p

Beast Wars II takes place in the future wayy after G1 along with Beast Wars Neo. Is Superlink/Energon the TF series you are referring to?
http://www.bwtf.com/energon/tvshow/eps.shtml

Or are you referring to Transformers Car Robots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom