• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMG TUESDAY IT SHALL BE HERE --> MY CAPT MORGANS GOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot wait..

i have been so anxious since it was shipped early last week UPS ground.. and now its scheduled to arrive on tuesday...

oh man...

in the meantime, i am downing these low carb bacardi silver DARK CHERRY's like its nobodies business... it tastes amazing, dark cherry with a hint of vanilla..and only 2.6 grams of carbs!!

ACF1C0C.jpg

thats a shirt, and on it, you can see the captain holding a bottle of his "gold"... incase some of you never got the chance to see the stuff when it was out for like 6 months before being cancelled.

well you've never met someone as big of a dork as me..

nah, i have a real bad soda addiction... these days its is diet soda, as i was on a straight track to diabetes from drinking 3-7 sodas a day.. thats a shitload of sugar.

now i do tons of diet soda..

but i do like to drink, and when i am only having 1-3 and chilling watching a movie or something, i generally prefer to go wtih the malt beers instead of just a bud light or something..

they have tons of sugar in them, so i wont drink alot of them, but now with the bacardi silver dark cherry, low carbs.. i can just drink as many as i want basically..

these captain morgans arent diet, but they are very very different from your typical malt beer.. they arent like anything else on the shelves, and i guess thats why it failed, nobody wanted this weird/sweet captain morgan's drink.

i have 30 on the way, and doubt ill be able to get anymore.. i'll just nurse them for a good while... i just love anything that has to do with the captain morgna brand.. every one of their rums is amazing, particulary their regular captain morgans and their private stock... but as far as their beer went, it was interesting, and as a collector, too, i wanted to have some..

but yes, i am WAY too excited about some malt liquor.. however, come tuesday evening, i shall be opening one of tehse bad boys and find myself in HEAVEN.

B'z-chan

Banned
I think your my new favorite poster besides mason on Neo-Gaf.

Oh and i took your advice and rented Cabin Fever last night. Great movie, and the shorts on the dvd made me laugh my ass off.

B'z-chan said:
I think your my new favorite poster besides mason on Neo-Gaf.

Oh and i took your advice and rented Cabin Fever last night. Great movie, and the shorts on the dvd made me laugh my ass off.

hahaha, why am I your faster poster?

do you like my wealth of topics relating to my drinking, late night movie watching, etc?!

yah cabin fever rules, glad you liked it!

oH MAN! After seeing that bottle photo on the tshirt, I just had a nasty flashback. I drank this stuff once at the end of a night of drinking. I was drinking martinis all night and was pretty messed up. My friend was drinking these.

Trashed at the end of the night, I grabbed his bottle took a big swig. BLEEEH! Didn't mix well with Gin and Vermouth all night. In my state at that time, I never considered that.

Vomit city.

But, all the props to ya. Enjoy! My friend loved them too.

first time i had it i hated it..

my buddy told me about them, so i figured i'd try one.. he said they tasted like a "captain and coke"... i loved captain and cokes, and these captain morgan golds were on sale/special at the bar that night, so might as well get it..

blech, i didnt even finish it,.. about 3-4 sips in i went and ordered a captain and coke and left this bottle for someone else to finish in my group..

anyways, i ended up sipping a little more later on but still wasnt a big fan, and never had it again..

then i was trying to find it because i realized, its not supposed to be a captain and coke, and given that, i think it was probably pretty good stuff.. especially now that i enjoy a malternative here and there.

so anyways, the shit is cancelled, so i cant go out and get a 6pack.. so i had a buddy that found a store selling remaining product of it in LA, buy 30 of them, and ship it out to me.. that should last a good while..

gosh dammit, my package is at a UPS in hodgkins, IL... why cant i just drive out there and pick it up myself.. they say it will be delivered here tomorrow.. but i want it now..

i just hope they arent too skanky, being that they are old sinec the brand was discontinued last year..

hopefully being so sugar based, the flavor wont have changed too much.

oh man , its so close, i can taste the gold in my mouth ..

tomorrow afternoon

your gold shall be mine captain

oh yes

i am already preparing for the celebration

throwing a couple golds in the freezer

get a horror movie or two ready to watch tomorrow night..

oh yes

a buddy of mine in california found them at a big lots out there..

if you live near a big lots, call up and see if they have a liquor dept, they may have captain morgan's gold... 89 cents a bottle!

TODAY IS THE DAY

BEING DELIVERED FROM FRANKLIN PARK UPS FACILITY

TO MY DOOR

WE ARE TALKING HOURS HERE

ARE YOU EXCITED? I CAN SMELL IT.

okay still waiting...

still excited, but not ALL CAPS excited..

i hvae some errands to do, but am waiting for the UPS driver as I want to be here when it arrives.. the last thing i need is for my parents to get a package from the UPS driver, and be like "oh whats this?" and then open it it and see its filled with tons of liquor..

i'd look like a crazy person..

not sure how ill explain carrying in a 40 lb box dropped off from the UPS truck, however...

AND IT IS DONE!

I AM NOW THE CAPTAIN MORGAN GOLD KING OF CHICAGO's WESTERN SUBURBS.

31 bottles shipped

1 broken, 2 opened

28 BOTTLES OF PURE HEAVEN

i have 4 in the fridge getting ready for tonight's replay of WWE Great American Bash.

LuckyBrand said:
AND IT IS DONE!

I AM NOW THE CAPTAIN MORGAN GOLD KING OF CHICAGO's WESTERN SUBURBS.

31 bottles shipped

1 broken, 2 opened

28 BOTTLES OF PURE HEAVEN

i have 4 in the fridge getting ready for tonight's replay of WWE Great American Bash.

Time till discovery of past due expiry date ownage: 2.4 hours.

Felidae_Khrall said:
Time till discovery of past due expiry date ownage: 2.4 hours.

had a few sips of a warm one, and it tasted like i remembered.. i am sure its not as good as it was fresh, but it aint horrible/skanky... should taste better cold, too.

oh man, the bottles are cold.. they are ready to go

going to eat dinner soon, and then pop open my first one..

i will post an honest review when i get back..

then you can laugh if they are skanky and horrible and i just spent all that money to get 30 of them shipped here..

or you can revel in the gloriousness of their amazing taste..

STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT WHICH WAY IT SHALL GO

***editors note: even fresh, many people thought they tasted like shit.. i only had like 2 bottles of it way back in the day, so my remembrance of its taste is skewed and forgotten.. regardless, i am anxious for them and will post INDEPTH reviews later**

Okay, just popped my first one..

scent: sweet, somewhat smells like an odd cola,.. i believe it smells just like it did when released, seems familiiar.

taste: initial burst of sugar is apparent, almost overpowreing flavor.. the flavor has a hint of captain morgan rum taste.. not strong, and not spicy, but a little bit there.. then there is a readily apparent colay taste.. doesnt exactly taste like cola, but basically does.. the bottle describes the flavor as "premium malt beverage with the natural flavors of captain morgan and gold cola, caffeine and caramel.".. the flavor is good, but definately not something everyone would like, its very weird, and isnt ANYTHING like what you'd expect a rum and cola to taste like..

i definately see why I spit it out when I first had it.. i was expecting rum+cola, the bottle says "captain morgan and gold cola" (what the hell is gold cola?).. but it clearly is supposed to be its "own" thing while also hinting on the flavors of everyones fave: capt+coke.

i dont think its gone bad, it probably doesnt taste quite as crisp as it used to; but it seems to taste exactly like it did when I had it for the first time like 2-3 years ago.

I RECOMMEND YOU TRY THE STUFF!

if you really want one, i could mail one out to you if you pay for it and shipping...

otherwise if you know someone in california they oculd send you more for cheaper probably, as mine would be double marked up as I already had to pay for shipping per bottle, and then you'd have to pay shipping again.

WARNING *****

If you go into it expecting ANYTHING like captain + coke, youll spit this shit out!

i actually liked the first little bit, and then I started to hate it, and now that i am gteting to the bottom of the bottle, liking it again.. its kind of like a cream soda, cola, rum, caramel, mix... really fucking weird.

OH LORD I AM GETTING ADDICTED.

I drank more captain morgan gold tonight..

but only allowed myself 1 bottle as i dont want to diminish supplies rapidly... i then had a captain morgan and pepsi one, which was equally as satisfying..

god, this marks like the 8th day in a row i've drank.. fortunately/unfortunately, i havent gotten drunk one of the days, but have been various levels of buzzed or almost buzzed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom