• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Kyou

Finally getting a good team for hawkins and the meat snails led to me going IN on him today.

Final tally: 13 books, 45 copies

Maybe I can actually max him T_T

RedBoot

Kid farming! Turns out hitting perfects with G3 isn't the hard part, now that I finally have the hang of G3's timing. The hard part is Kalifa and, as usual, auto-target. I finally get how Kalifa's ATK buff works, so hopefully I'll stop dying there.

Gonna try for something like 40 copies over the first two weeks...I was initially going to socket RR Kid first, but I think I'm going to focus on Colo Kid's skill ups, just in case I get tired of running the stage. I can always socket RR Kid later when we have access to more reliable teams.

Hana-Bi

Kid farming! Turns out hitting perfects with G3 isn't the hard part, now that I finally have the hang of G3's timing. The hard part is Kalifa and, as usual, auto-target. I finally get how Kalifa's ATK buff works, so hopefully I'll stop dying there.

Gonna try for something like 40 copies over the first two weeks...I was initially going to socket RR Kid first, but I think I'm going to focus on Colo Kid's skill ups, just in case I get tired of running the stage. I can always socket RR Kid later when we have access to more reliable teams.

Running a G3/LL team with bind level 3 works great for stage 1. That's the only critical stage for me, so with bind level 3 I won't have any problem the first three stages. For Kalifa and Kid I have to nail the timing but that's okay with my LL.

RedBoot

Running a G3/LL team with bind level 3 works great for stage 1. That's the only critical stage for me, so with bind level 3 I won't have any problem the first three stages. For Kalifa and Kid I have to nail the timing but that's okay with my LL.

Yeah, you can stall on the STR Pirate guys for a bit since they'll bind you on their first attack if you have any QCK units. I only have Bind 2 (only one socket away...I blame Boa), so I can only do it occasionally.

Part of me thinks I'd mess up more with LL than G3 just since I'm not as used to the Good/Great/Perfect chain. Either way I only have G3 so the choice is made for me.

Wow, why is Ace so tough on Chaos!? Every other tree is reasonable to beat after 1-2 times but his bubble is so annoying.
This was quite the ordeal...
X499Uzd.png

Kyou

I don't see the need to get too clever with Ace, a double doffy dex slasher team can just tank him long enough to kill him

RalchAC

Oh, by the way. I had an idea for the friend list. Since it seems we are making it Suuuuper extensive, it would be cool if we had a column (maybe the first one?) called "Last Updated".

That way, we would know if the information of each user is relatively new or not. For example, most of us would have 18/11/2016 set right now.

After skill up event, you go back to the Friend List and change some values. Then you write on the "Last Updated" the date you made the modifications.

That way we won't need to make a new list in 6 months like what has happened so far.

Hana-Bi

Oh, by the way. I had an idea for the friend list. Since it seems we are making it Suuuuper extensive, it would be cool if we had a column (maybe the first one?) called "Last Updated".

That way, we would know if the information of each user is relatively new or not. For example, most of us would have 18/11/2016 set right now.

After skill up event, you go back to the Friend List and change some values. Then you write on the "Last Updated" the date you made the modifications.

That way we won't need to make a new list in 6 months like what has happened so far.

Yeah, that would be great. :) The list looks good. Might add a column for the optc ingame name. Got a friend request but the name wasn't changed from the beginning "Straw Hat Pirates". This way we can identify users with a different ingame name or without a @GAF at the end of the name.

And what I really don't understand is the amount of friends with bind/despair/orb/cd sockets for LL and IntHawk. This is by far the most used combo and I really don't know why. Makes it a chore to select the one legend with heal sockets.

RalchAC

Yeah, that would be great. :) The list looks good. Might add a column for the optc ingame name. Got a friend request but the name wasn't changed from the beginning "Straw Hat Pirates". This way we can identify users with a different ingame name or without a @GAF at the end of the name.

And what I really don't understand is the amount of friends with bind/despair/orb/cd sockets for LL and IntHawk. This is by far the most used combo and I really don't know why. Makes it a chore to select the one legend with heal sockets.

I will set it on the A column since it's empty. I don't want to move everything to the right since it would break the actual format.

Mine has Heal/CD/Bind/Despair, which I did in order to pair nicely with Friends that used Heal/Orbs/Bind/Despair.

I really like AutoHeal. Even a lower tier can save your ass. Especially on Slashers which usually can't recover with Meat Orbs.

Hana-Bi

I will set it on the A column since it's empty. I don't want to move everything to the right since it would break the actual format.

Mine has Heal/CD/Bind/Despair, which I did in order to pair nicely with Friends that used Heal/Orbs/Bind/Despair.

I really like AutoHeal. Even a lower tier can save your ass. Especially on Slashers which usually can't recover with Meat Orbs.
Yeah, heal is really great. Put even heal on my WB. :)

Hana-Bi

Made some more room in my box and now have a box with 1013/1100. Will farm Kid with natural stamina for now. Next run will give me a level up and hopefully I get some meat from the snails today (didn't get them yesterday).

RalchAC

I'm adding my stuff now, but I'm fuzzy on the 2.5 and 3x captains.

Is there a 3x STR captain that isn't MC?

There isn't any >99% HP cpt. There is one that boosts by 3x under 30% (RR Kumadori).

I wanna add myself to the spread sheet but man besides Killer, I have nobody from that list :(

Add yourself and sent us a request. If you have a GAF in your OPTC username I'm sure everybody will add you!

bjork

Today I need to tackle medium and chaos coliseum, because I completely forgot when it was here the other day and only got the lowest tier before time ran out. I've never missed OPTC content on the day of, before. I'm ashamed.

I wanna add myself to the spread sheet but man besides Killer, I have nobody from that list :(

No worries, you can borrow other people's captains to help you along the way.

There isn't any >99% HP cpt. There is one that boosts by 3x under 30% (RR Kumadori).

Yeah, I was puzzled for awhile there. The main STR RR I'm missing is 3D2Y Zoro but I think I have everyone else. MC still works, he's what people run when there's green turtles anywho.

40 Kid copies farmed! I'm aiming for 50, seriously this 2x skill up can't come soon enough i'm struggling even with nearly maxed box space. Also, I just got Heracles to show up for the first time in the Coliseum, caught me off guard but luckily it didn't mess with my stalling too much.

RalchAC

I just don't think I can do Kid reliably, I might have to farm him in the future

I've just accepted the fact that I can't do most Colisseum stuff when it's released. Maybe a bit too much (I didn't farm Hawkins until the last week because I thought I couldn't beat him, same for Urogue last time).

You just need to accept that they are the hardest content of the game. Some exceptions aside (mostly Doffy, Aokiji and to some degree Enel) raids are more like "progression checks" as opposed as really hard content, I'd say.

They need to be easier too, since you are farming like 50 of them in a 24 hour period.

I try to take it easy :p. They'll keep coming back more often than Fortnights too.

Kyou

I've just accepted the fact that I can't do most Colisseum stuff when it's released. Maybe a bit too much (I didn't farm Hawkins until the last week because I thought I couldn't beat him, same for Urogue last time).

You just need to accept that they are the hardest content of the game. Some exceptions aside (mostly Doffy, Aokiji and to some degree Enel) raids are more like "progression checks" as opposed as really hard content, I'd say.

They need to be easier too, since you are farming like 50 of them in a 24 hour period.

I try to take it easy :p. They'll keep coming back more often than Fortnights too.

I didn't really farm Hawkins until yesterday when I cracked a team that could basically beat him 100% with tons of room for error, hoping something like that gets worked out for Kid too

if I'm going to be fighting something dozens of times I don't want to have to clench my butt every time and hope I don't miss one perfect and die instantly

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I didn't really farm Hawkins until yesterday when I cracked a team that could basically beat him 100% with tons of room for error, hoping something like that gets worked out for Kid too

if I'm going to be fighting something dozens of times I don't want to have to clench my butt every time and hope I don't miss one perfect and die instantly
G3 4 lyfe, yo

MANUELF

Banned
First time beating the stage today
after two failures
and look who Just dropped
I believe his QCK form is the better of the two right? Hopefully Mr 1 and Ms Doublefinger arent too far behind

First time beating the stage today
after two failures
and look who Just dropped

I believe his QCK form is the better of the two right? Hopefully Mr 1 and Ms Doublefinger arent too far behind

His QCK form is arguably one of the best story units, I use it on my Enel team all the time as a very reliable orb manipulator. (at least 3 guaranteed blue orbs in middle row)

MANUELF

Banned
His QCK form is arguably one of the best story units, I use it on my Enel team all the time as a very reliable orb manipulator. (at least 3 guaranteed blue orbs in middle row)
Yeah I have seen him in pretty much every QCK team so I guess he will become a leopard in my game
I thank you all for accepting my friend request. Man, you guys all have amazing captains!
Oh you Were the Mr Prince captain that ID added me?
Dont worry too much about that, once you Get a good raid boss you can have a very good and reliable captain, is not that hard once you Get a step in the door

bobohoro

I don't learn, do I?
Grinded up 25 Alvida books. Feed them all because I was feeling lucky. Got 3 skill-ups.
Oh well, will save the ones I get from now on for skill-up event. This time for real.

Would love a tilt protection system. A pop-up with a user-determined text. Like
Are you sure you don't want to wait for skill-up, you dumbass?

I don't learn, do I?
Grinded up 25 Alvida books. Feed them all because I was feeling lucky. Got 3 skill-ups.
Oh well, will save the ones I get from now on for skill-up event. This time for real.

My rule:

Calculate how many books you *NEED* statistically.

e.g. each 5 books = 1 skill up during 2x.

Then Yolo feed any book you get over the statistically required amount.

Need 35 books? yolo feed anything past the 35 cutoff point.

Get lucky and get a skill up? Now you only need 30, statistically speaking.

This is how I work around my books atm at least, fairly satisfied with this method.

Hana-Bi

I don't learn, do I?

Well, you were lucky. During a skill up event you'd get 5 skill ups with average luck. 25 books outside of a skill up event could net you zero skill ups or mostly 2 to 3. And yeah, keep 5 books per skill up needed. With average luck this should be enough. Sometimes sadly not...

Oh you Were the Mr Prince captain that ID added me?
Dont worry too much about that, once you Get a good raid boss you can have a very good and reliable captain, is not that hard once you Get a step in the door
I sent friend request to everyone on spreadsheet but my captain is Killer, so that probably wasn't me :)

Yeah, I've tried a few raids thus far but they are still too much for me. It's okay though, I can wait till I get a good pull or manage to become strong enough to get a drop from raids. To my own surprise I've been quite patient with this game.

Kyou

I have a confession to make

I used all the socket books from this coliseum on Leopard Lucci and I don't regret it one bit

MKAllDay

Is there something I should be doing in Pirate Apprentices to get Shanks to show up? I have done both the elite and expert variations a ton of times and he has not shown up once.

RR30

Is there something I should be doing in Pirate Apprentices to get Shanks to show up? I have done both the elite and expert variations a ton of times and he has not shown up once.

It's a secret stage. So all RNG if it shows up. It's why I used socket books on SW Shanks, because he had horrible rates of appearing in my runs.

Damn, I'm stuck on Nami on Kid's route. 4k poison damage per turn on top of the DEF buff is just plain unfair. And she even nullifies WB's special.
On the other hand, I managed to beat Arlong. Haven't tried Sadi yet, though.

RR30

Thoughts on RR Kidd sockets? Think I'm gonna go with Bind/Despair/AH/Orbs. Between this and skill up I should hopefully have him triple maxed next week.

EMT0

Banned
I don't know why I thought Monster Chopper was today, I blame it on my mind desperately hoping that it'd give me a break from Frieza. Today can be summarized as:

• Oh, I actually got the Rejuvenated Robin/Nami quickly! Time for Frieza then
  • Everything Was Frieza
  • Is there life beyond Frieza? Thanks double meat

RedBoot

Today I Learned: Don't use a G3 team while in the middle of an active group text. Lost a run because of the text vibration. :p

I'm winning Kid's stage more often than I'm losing it now, so I'm going to consider that progress.

Yeah, and the game's generally pretty good about giving you a couple chances at a farmable unit before introducing content that needs it. You don't have to do it all in one go.

That being said, the most recent content breaks that rule a bit, with this colo needing Kuma, Hawkins and even Shiki in some teams, when we've barely had time to do anything with them. We also got Shiki before Kizaru, which hurt a lot of teams. I don't expect that to be a thing moving forward (most of this content came early for obvious reasons), but it's a bit rough for now.

I used all the socket books from this coliseum on Leopard Lucci and I don't regret it one bit

Whatever works! :p I'm very likely going to start putting books toward Boa now that my Sengoku and Marco are largely done. I know she's farmable with her raid, but farming a 60 stamina raid boss (who is apparently really hard) enough to socket a unit AFTER I've already skill leveled and socketed the raid boss itself sounds like hell. (To say nothing of the gem costs)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
lolll i got 3 meat today. and level up.
at 190stamina.
Fuuuuuuuck, got another meat
In my previous meat, I got lowered like 2k health stage 1 and clawed back to win, got blinded for 7 turns in another run and in the last run forgot to DMG reduce, took a boosted Kalifa to the face and still won. G3 stall and luck too stronk.

RalchAC

Yeah, and the game's generally pretty good about giving you a couple chances at a farmable unit before introducing content that needs it. You don't have to do it all in one go.

That being said, the most recent content breaks that rule a bit, with this colo needing Kuma, Hawkins and even Shiki in some teams, when we've barely had time to do anything with them. We also got Shiki before Kizaru, which hurt a lot of teams. I don't expect that to be a thing moving forward (most of this content came early for obvious reasons), but it's a bit rough for now.

Yeah, even then both Kuma and Shiki have come twice. The game is developed with that intention in mind, the problem comes when Global starts messing everything up, like moving 3 Coliseum forward or skipping 3 raid bosses and directly releasing Shiki while skipping other bosses.

Tidd

I just thought it would be nice to get the Kalifa fortnight soonish because I need 5 bind sockets on my QCK Kalifa for a 100% clear rate. So far stage 1 of the Kidd colosseum is the hardest depending on the enemies cool down. And thankfully she will return next week :D Time to farm some Kalifa's to get all these Bind sockets for level 3.

bjork

I cleared the middle levels of coliseum and got Doberman to drop and then I fell asleep for 11 hours and I don't regret it one bit.

I'm glad coliseum is still here today so I can polish off chaos

Top Bottom