• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus One GAF Invite list.

shamo42

Same here.
I don't even know how and why I got this invite. Seems so random. I hope I'll get another one to give away here.

Rafy

Hey everybody, this list got too big for me to maintain on my own for each one entry individually.

To help my out I would like to ask ONLY the ones of you that received their phone or got an invite for themselves, to go fill out a new questionnaire that you will find right under this hidden in an email tag like before the link to the new form. Thank you very much! The link will also be in the OP.

Quote to reveal:

Popparoks

My invite just came in the mail after 40 years... the question is... if i want it anymore, i just got paid today lol.

edit: *claimed*

Saiyan-Rox

You got a link? If it's true I'd happily email them saying that I don't need the adapter. I've got plenty of them anyway.

Check then EU waiting thread under the one sub forum

Also having a look through people who ordered by normal delivery got Thiers today but people who paid for expedited shipping are waiting more because DHL haven't received instructions to pick up then phones but have peoples labels for them

My invite just came in the mail after 40 years... the question is... if i want it anymore, i just got paid today lol.

It has it's pros and cons.

Pros:

1. Awesome hardware. One of the most powerful phones you can get today.
2. Unlocked.
3. Big screen size.

Cons:

1. Software bugs in CM 11S. Most of these will probably be fixed, but they need to update the phone quicker to patch bugs that are fixed in regular CM builds. One major one is the google service wake lock bug. Also the screen interpreting gestures in your pocket and the low speakerphone volume.

2. Yellow band at bottom of screen on some phones. There is a good chance you will get a screen with a yellow band at the bottom. It's not noticeable unless you are on a pure white screen or white background like Neogaf mobile.

It's a great buy at the price, but I'm considering going back to my S4 and returning or selling the 1+1, just due to the yellow band.

Scotch

2. Yellow band at bottom of screen on some phones. There is a good chance you will get a screen with a yellow band at the bottom. It's not noticeable unless you are on a pure white screen or white background like Neogaf mobile.

It's a great buy at the price, but I'm considering going back to my S4 and returning or selling the 1+1, just due to the yellow band.
This is what I'm most afraid of, it would probably drive me nuts. I think I'm happy waiting another month to see if they can fix this issue.

Popparoks

It has it's pros and cons.

It's crazy because i just upgrade my Samsung Note i717 to Beanstalk KitKat 4.42, and i like it a lot better than i did before and it's way faster and stable... I also got paid for damn near that amount you pay for the phone today... It would probably be a bad decision huh lol, but a lot of people still don't have the phone.

DAMN, rough decisions...

beat

BTW, I finally noticed the yellow band issue on my phone. It's really minor IMO. But I don't have a UV light and it's hella cloudy in SF most of the time so I don't know when I'd be able to apply the sunlight "fix".

I can tell you I love mine. It's my first experience with Android as I've been on iOS since the iPhone 3g, so I can't really compare it to other Android phones. Runs super fast, the battery is amazing (especially compared to my iPhone 5), and I really like the customization options in Cyanogen Mod. I do agree that they should release CM updates for frequently since there are some annoying bugs like the mic sensitivity being so low that you have to have the phone an inch away from your mouth to trigger the "OK, Google" command using Google Experience Launcher.

I can tell you I love mine. It's my first experience with Android as I've been on iOS since the iPhone 3g, so I can't really compare it to other Android phones. Runs super fast, the battery is amazing (especially compared to my iPhone 5), and I really like the customization options in Cyanogen Mod. I do agree that they should release CM updates for frequently since there are some annoying bugs like the mic sensitivity being so low that you have to have the phone an inch away from your mouth to trigger the "OK, Google" command using Google Experience Launcher.

With stock launcher another bug I've found is when you get a notification and you slide down from the top to view it sometimes it will give you the toggle menu and sometimes it will show your notification. It doesn't matter where you slide down or if you use 1 or 2 fingers. The battery life is great.

belvedere

Junior Butler
I've had zero issues with mine other than the phone unlocking itself in my pocket. I've disabled the offending gesture shortcuts and haven't had any issues since.

There's a few people on the OPO forums with devices received in the last couple of days who all say the banding issue is gone, there's a theory that phones shipped around that time and after will all be fine. I think there's a list somewhere.

I finally got my invite today, I was a member in the 50k range on their site. I'm excite!

Sucks that the Canadian dollar took a dump the other day, dat exchange rate :(

Rafy

Ok so the list is mostly up to date so far. I went through all the posts up to page 15 and used the submissions from the new form. You should be good to use the list for invites now.
I also have given editing rights to Scotch so it should be updated faster from now on.

When you PM someone to give them an invite you can tell them they have a certain amount of hours to get back to you before reaching the next person in line(I suggest one hour up to two max).

Google if you are reading this you need to tell me if you were able to use the invite.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
With stock launcher another bug I've found is when you get a notification and you slide down from the top to view it sometimes it will give you the toggle menu and sometimes it will show your notification. It doesn't matter where you slide down or if you use 1 or 2 fingers. The battery life is great.

Does it happen with quick toggle off?

People be crazy.

Yeah it sold within a couple of hours. The thirst is real. I might buy one again if they fix those yellow band issues, but I think I have my eyes set on the Note 4 for now. It will have a snapdragon 805 or maybe even 810, probably quad HD screen, and maybe a new adreno graphics chip. Either that or 5.5 IPhone 6. I think I would miss the openness of Android too much if I went that direction. My S4 is still kicking along so I'm not in desperate need of an upgrade.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just went to the latest Snapshot of CM11 and I think they implemented the proximity sensor fix for the DT2W feature, which is awesome.

CSSer

Registered. I'm late as usual. Yeah, I don't think I'll be getting an invite anytime soon if the list is too big to maintain now

shamo42

Just went to the latest Snapshot of CM11 and I think they implemented the proximity sensor fix for the DT2W feature, which is awesome.

What does that mean?
If the proximity sensor notices something nearby, the phone assumes it's in a pocket and won't wake up on double tap?

devjin

I finally received my invitation through email, you guys! Not sure why or how though.

Will pass on the invites to GAF when i get them.

Dreaver

Order Status is still 'Processing'. I'll be on holiday from friday so I guess I'll have to wait 2 more weeks before I can try it. Got my invite via the GAF list (<3). I haven't received any invitations to give away yet(?). Will pass the invites back to GAF as well.

I currently use a iPhone 5. I'm still not 100% convinced to switch to this phone. My iPhone is quite beaten up and I could use a replacement (though I could still easily use it for another year). If I won't use it I'll give it to my mother.

Can't wait to receive and play around with it though!

I'm a little bit worried about the yellow banding stuff though. Hopefully it won't be too much of a problem for me.

I bought a HTC Desire, the flagship of Android a few years ago. There was some kind of pink banding on the screen as well with low brightness. I remember a lot of people complaining. In the end it didn't bother me at all.

Drifters

I finally received my invitation through email, you guys! Not sure why or how though.

Yes plz!! I'm still very interested in getting this. Any gaffer's have a good review of the latest updates?

Where did u sell it? To be honest, im happy with my G3. Very happy.
I just purchased the One, but I dont think ill keep it.

Craigslist.

Did the guy/girl you sold it to not notice the yellow banding? Or did (s)he not care?

The band wasn't noticeable unless it was on a completely white screen and even then it was very light. It seemed to be going away and using the UV light did help. It just bothered me because I knew it was there and I couldn't stop looking for it.

Saiyan-Rox

Craigslist.

The band wasn't noticeable unless it was on a completely white screen and even then it was very light. It seemed to be going away and using the UV light did help. It just bothered me because I knew it was there and I couldn't stop looking for it.

Once you see it syndrome.

No go for mine today either. contacted DHL name isn't even on the system for a delivery so who knows when i'll get mine

Once you see it syndrome.

No go for mine today either. contacted DHL name isn't even on the system for a delivery so who knows when i'll get mine

Didn't they post something how they were having issues getting phones to Europe over the weekend? Something about customs in Hong Kong holding the phones up?

ss_lemonade

Craigslist.

Sucks the yellow band got to you. It doesn't bother me much but I think the oneplus guys should start taking this yellow thing more seriously now, like allow RMAs for it

Sucks the yellow band got to you. It doesn't bother me much but I think the oneplus guys should start taking this yellow thing more seriously now, like allow RMAs for it

Yeah they really should fix the problem, but I'd guess they can't afford to fix it with the razor thin margins on this phone and the numbers of people this affects. Still, makes me hesitant to buy their next phone if they release another.

Rafy

If you ordered it let me know so I can add the Ordered/received status to the list

To everyone else, the list now is up to date (mostly), I know that it hasn't been respected for a while, but now there should not be any problems.

Also,

New rule:

If you are trying to contact someone to give them the invite and they don't reply within an hour or two move on to the next person on the list.

Saiyan-Rox

Didn't they post something how they were having issues getting phones to Europe over the weekend? Something about customs in Hong Kong holding the phones up?

That was back in early july but that was sorted already.

Atm it seems opo has went screwy with the Express vs standard and standard deliveries are being delivered first also there's been emails saying the UK warehouse is also out of stock of UK plug adapters i haven't got this email though so atm i have no idea what's going on. people on the forums in UK who ordered the same day got theirs today standard delivery ><

kharma45

Mine arrived. Very mild yellowing at the bottom, not enough to annoy me though and I'd usually say I'm a bit of a stickler.

Mine arrived. Very mild yellowing at the bottom, not enough to annoy me though and I'd usually say I'm a bit of a stickler.

Really it's only noticeable on a white background, but I ended up seeing it way too much since I spend a lot of time on Neogaf mobile. Still a great phone. Looks really sexy in person.

Top Bottom