• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Only Murders in the Building

Bogeyman

Banned
Watched this recently - one of the best murder mystery shows I've seen in.. forever actually. Well written, well filmed, great charismatic bunch of actors. Can't wait for season 2.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Watched a bit of it. Selena Gomez is a HUGE energy suck in the show but then again, she is up against two of the greatest comedic talents of all time. The underlying crime is pretty weak IMHO.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I wish the show focused more on the main characters. You simply can't have enough Steve Martin and Martin Short. That's why I watched this show. I felt that there was a bit too much forced diversity. The scenes featuring the black obese lesbian policewoman and her pregnant wife were excruciatingly bad.

UncleMeat

Watched a bit of it. Selena Gomez is a HUGE energy suck in the show but then again, she is up against two of the greatest comedic talents of all time. The underlying crime is pretty weak IMHO.
Not trying to twist your arm or anything, and I liked it start to finish, but I did think it got better deaper into the season and had a pretty great finale.

ymoc

I watched 3 episodes but didn't care for any of the characters so I bailed.
Same. I thought it's gonna be a light-weight quirky series, but the whole show started taking itself waaay too seriously and it really put me off. On top of that the story and writing is not that great to justify the big ego vibes. Instant turn off for me.

kunonabi

Yeah this is why I haven't bothered to watch it. I've given her enough chances.

reinking

Gold Member
Based off of this first episode, I think this season is going to be as good, if not better, than the first season. It just felt to me like it had that same, first season charm and I love the new actors.

Also, I might be the only person, but I ❤️ Mabel. Not Selena Gomez (I think she is great in the role) but traumatized, homeless, jobless, mumbling, millennial charming, Mabel. Even in that hideous green dress. The character is constantly trashed by people but Selena plays her well and I can't imagine the show with a different character in her place. I am looking forward to next week.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Based off of this first episode, I think this season is going to be as good, if not better, than the first season. It just felt to me like it had that same, first season charm and I love the new actors.

Also, I might be the only person, but I ❤️ Mabel. Not Selena Gomez (I think she is great in the role) but traumatized, homeless, jobless, mumbling, millennial charming, Mabel. Even in that hideous green dress. The character is constantly trashed by people but Selena plays her well and I can't imagine the show with a different character in her place. I am looking forward to next week.
Mabel is a great character.

Top Bottom