• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oops we did it again - aka. Austrian held his children for over 9 years captive in his basement (in Netherlands)

Starfield

source: https://kurier.at/chronik/welt/warten-auf-weltuntergang-familie-lebte-zehn-jahre-im-keller/400647659

A 58-year-old Austrian has held a group of young people in a cellar in the Dutch village of Ruinerwold (Drenthe province) for several years. Spokesman for the Foreign Ministry in Vienna, Peter Guschelbauer, confirmed on Tuesday evening corresponding reports in the Dutch media, citing the local authorities. Accordingly, the person arrested is a native Viennese. According to media reports, in 2010 he emigrated from Upper Austria to the Netherlands.

The innkeeper of the village inn had alerted the police on Monday. He had seen a strange young man with long hair and beard appear in the bar. He was totally confused, as the landlord said. "He said he ran away and needed help." At first one thought, the man was on drugs. The 25-year-old then described that he had not been out for nine years and never went to school. The host became suspicious and contacted the police.

For the time being the police did not want to give any information about the exact circumstances of life and the state of health of the family. The investigations are still in full swing. "All scenarios are still open," said a spokeswoman. The 58-year-old had been arrested "because he did not cooperate in our investigation." According to some local media reports, the father of the young people was lying in bed - he had suffered a stroke several years ago.
Village is shocked

Dutch media reports that the police had discovered behind a box in the living room a staircase that led to the cellar where the group lived.

The villagers of the 2,800-strong community are shocked. "I really had no idea about that," said villager Jans Keizer RTV Drehnete. He said that one had seen only one man at the farm. "The gate on his bridge was always locked, they never entered the yard, and one night I tried to look for a neighbor, and then we saw a camera hanging in a tree, which was one of the reasons for us to go back . "

From a family the village would have known nothing. The farm is hidden behind trees and about 200 meters from the edge of the village. According to reporters, this includes a large vegetable garden and a goat.

Maybe the family had taken care of themselves for years. Where the mother is is not known.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
sad stuff, not enough time in the day to catch and destroy all these monsters

almost makes me want for a precrime system

buizel

Banned

yeh dude get those 1984 robots on thought patrol. fuckin siiiiiiiiiiick

The farm is hidden behind trees and about 200 meters from the edge of the village. According to reporters, this includes a large vegetable garden and a goat.

isnt that like a puzzle from kings quest?

Last edited:

Starfield

2k2C.gif

H4ze

God dammit Austria, not again.
I live 5 km from the Austrian border, in Germany, do I have to come over and fuck you guys up?

(just kidding, i read the OP and know it was in the Netherlands and thx for the cheap gas fellow Austrians)

Tesseract

Banned
Understanding my nature isn't going to change it. In fact, that's just part of it. I can still feel. :p

it does tho, insofar as you 'decide' to make better choices in life (things run on momentum)

yer either spiraling the drain, or yer not

thoughts make man, which means you can self reflect and improve over time

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
just telling you what the literature says, i'm pretty exhausted right now or i'd go on about sisyphus and such
Wut. I don't get how rolling a rock up a hill will teach him anything other than to never skip leg day.

free will and absurdism are boundless chasms, tread carefully or you'll get stuck in the abyss and never come out

just telling you what the literature says, i'm pretty exhausted right now or i'd go on about sisyphus and such

There is no escaping the drain. It's the clinging that causes the suffering - the belief that you can be freed. The idea of the self is, itself, the root of misery with its associated fears and desires. How is that idea abandoned absent free will. Some call it grace I suppose.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
There is no escaping the drain. It's the clinging that causes the suffering - the belief that you can be freed. The idea of the self is, itself, the root of misery with its associated fears and desires. How is that idea abandoned absent free will. Some call it grace I suppose.

aye (the fall is all there is)

getting back to the subject for a sec, put a bullet in this dude's brain and toss him into the ocean

Last edited:

Blade2.0

Man this kind of shit is crazy to me. To think 9 years of your life, gone because of someone just taking it. Can they really function after that in any normal capacity?

Apparently they were members of a Korean cult. The family was able to live off donations because the father (who is now partially paralyzed) had done a lot of work for the cult in the past. The man who is suspected of imprisoning the family was a friend and fellow member of the cult.

Top Bottom