• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Operation sports Q&A for ESPN 2k5 is up.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
sorry, to lazy to get a link..

seems as breaking 8 tackles on your way to the endzone is gone. hurray.

DMczaf

StoOgE said:
sorry, to lazy to get a link..

seems as breaking 8 tackles on your way to the endzone is gone. hurray.

Now it seems like the QB Evade is the new running game, breaking 2-3 tackles with the QB? *throws up*

Fifty

Last year's game had far too many QB broken tackles. The solution? Give us a button to do just that. Stupid. They would slide off of the QB, in typically 2K fashion, and now I fear this will be an even bigger problem.

StoOgE

the guy said that he was able to use QB evade succesfully that many times in a row in the training mode for QB evade. He said he hadnt done it much in game at all, and that a second guy almost allways showed up to finish him off.. Jesus.

jedimike

DMczaf said:
Now it seems like the QB Evade is the new running game, breaking 2-3 tackles with the QB? *throws up*

Evading and breaking tackles are 2 sepperate things... most QB's are pretty adept at evading tackles behind the line of scrimmage while scrambling. 2-3 "evaded" defenders doesn't sound bad at all. However, if they are running up the field very few QB's would be able to break even one tackle.

DMczaf

jedimike said:
Evading and breaking tackles are 2 sepperate things... most QB's are pretty adept at evading tackles behind the line of scrimmage while scrambling. 2-3 "evaded" defenders doesn't sound bad at all. However, if they are running up the field very few QB's would be able to break even one tackle.

From this statement I assume you have not seen it in action?

http://www.espnvideogames.com/news/movie.php?id=580&gid=7

Check out McNabb just shed guys like nothing.

Fifty

OH HELLLLL NO. That clip doesn't get bad until the very last play....God damn. That was one of 2K4's biggest flaws. He breaks a tackle/sack from a DT, and then a half second after, he breaks another one. Just the worst aspect of the 2K series' tackling engine. ughhhhh...

Maverick

I don't think it's going to be as bad as in those videos. That's probably just showing you what can happen. And I bet if you get caught, especially with a slow QB. it will mean a costly turnover.

Fifty

Well I can just imagine people playing with Philly and Atlanta....Having 2 linemen storm after the QB, and breaking both tackles time and time again. Sure, that could be an oddity. But it happened enough in 2K4 for me to assume that this isn't a rarity in this year's game. I really want it to be a great game, I'm just being realistic here.

Lil' Dice

Banned
Fifty said:
Well I can just imagine people playing with Philly and Atlanta....Having 2 linemen storm after the QB, and breaking both tackles time and time again. Sure, that could be an oddity. But it happened enough in 2K4 for me to assume that this isn't a rarity in this year's game. I really want it to be a great game, I'm just being realistic here.

"Realistic" would be waiting for the final game to drop, then making a more accurate assesment. You're being presumptuous.....

Lil' Dice

Banned
I'm not defending the game, i'm just trying my best to be impartial. Plus i played the game, and didn't notice any "super" QBs.....

I thought the offensive line and backs were pretty stupid last year. Hopefully they at least improved that aspect instead of simply adding a "qb evade" button.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Q&A #2 is up:

http://www.operationsports.com/reviews.asp?game=espnnfl2005xbox

Best quote ever:

Q: Could you check to see if the "pinball blocking" has been toned down this year. By that I mean defensive players in perfect position to make a tackle maybe a step from the ballcarrier get TOTALLY taken out by a blocker who, while falling down, MIRACULOUSLY takes ALL of the defenders down with him! That was one of the biggest causes of the "Super Back" problem.

A: I haven't seen any of that this year. The "Super Back" is gone. Actually, I'm playing w/ the sliders now to get the CPU running game better.

StoOgE

well the guy at OS seems to think there is minimal cheese with the QB evade, and says there are definitely fewer big plays than last year, super running backs are gone.

Mrbob

Cloudy said:
:O

DM and friends had better learn to pass this year ;)

Yes and hopefully you have learned not to get called for pass interference on 3rd and 10 with the game on the line! :p

StoOgE

Oh Snap, look at those season stats..

they are realistic!

Holy shit.

Priest Homles (leading rusher): 323 attempts, 1622 yards, 5.0 average. Oh snap!

Tory Holt (leading reciever): 91 receptions, 1341 yards, 14.7 average..

tackles, punting, FG's and the QB ratings are all down to earth as well... things are starting to look really fixed :D

StoOgE

Ok, one problem:

Looks like there is no minimum.. leauge leader for punt return avg has one punt return for 27 yards.

TheDuce22

Banned
I have seen Mcnabb evade 3 tacklers and hit a reciver, looks completely realistic to me as long as it doesnt happen every play. :) Now if that were a QB like Tom Brady I might have a problem with it.

um, konex you benefitted as much as anyone from the run game. you also played scrambie egg offense with plummer who was rated ridiculously fast and could just bootleg every play. and guess what? i still shut you down boyeeeeeee! i'm the champ!

Cloudy

Banned
No doubt Portis and James were ridiculous as well but I didn't run every damn play. I always passed more then I ran too :p

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
No doubt Portis and James were ridiculous as well but I didn't run every damn play. I always passed more then I ran too :p

You make it sound like there was no way to stop the run. If you were actually good at the game, you could stop someone if they ran everytime. Of course, thats a big if with you. :p

And if I remember correctly, you were in dead last in Rushing Defense in our league lol

konex, i would TELL YOU when and where i was running and you still couldn't stop me.

on the flip side, you couldn't run on me even if i was playing a dime defense, cause i read your runs like a book and snuffed that shit out myself. you said it yourself before, the user has more of an effect of the outcome on defense in espn. the proof is in the pudding about your espn skills :D

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
konex, i would TELL YOU when and where i was running and you still couldn't stop me.

on the flip side, you couldn't run on me even if i was playing a dime defense, cause i read your runs like a book and snuffed that shit out myself. you said it yourself before, the user has more of an effect of the outcome on defense in espn. the proof is in the pudding about your espn skills :D

ooooooh.jpg

Fifty

I'm confident that this is old news, but I've got to post it :D

Q: Implementing Music into the game with the xbox??: What type of situations can you use your music on??(TDs, ints, fum.,safties,????)

A: Here’s the list:
Touchdown - Home
Made FG/PAT - Home
Sack - Home
First Down - Home
Made 2Pt Conversion - Home
Safety - Home
Fumble Recovery - Home
Interception - Home
Punt/Kick Return - Home
Incomplete on 3rd Down - Away
Loss on 3rd Down - Away
Miss 2Pt Conversion - Away
Miss FG/PAT - Away
End of Quarter
End of Game
Stadium Intro
Two Minute Warning

Awesome! I've been wanting this since the Xbox launched. One of the more creative (and simple!) uses for custom soundtracks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My passing game was sick last year :D
My running game not so sick :(

Miguel

Don't avoid me FMT...you know you just don't want to face BIG NUMBER EIGHT OH THIS YEAR! LEAVE! GO TO YOUR XBOX!

Andre will be waiting when you get back...

sports.jpg

"Mike Rumph? Julian Peterson? YOU'RE NEXT!"

johnson_texans.jpg

"You...think...you can stop....me? Ha....haha....hahaha. Right."

1djohnson.jpg

"Mods, please remove this man from the forum."

pilonv1

Q. How's the "GM logic" in franchise mode? Have you noticed any stupid trades, signings, draft picks, etc.?

A. Yes. Well, the biggest one was the Saints trading a defensive tackle to Buffalo for Drew Bledsoe. Both teams were 4-0 at the time and Bledsoe had a 101 QB rating. That is one instance I have seen. Most of the time the trades are between 2nd and 3rd stringers. I was focusing on my own draft picks, so I didn’t notice what the AI was selecting.

Not good :(. This is the best question though.

Q. Hey Steve are the laces in or out this year? Meaning that in 2k3 and 2k4 when you kicked a field goal or extra point the holder would always have the laces facing your kicker. in real life if the laces are facing the kicker that ball isn’t going nowhere and the holder is getting cut. that really irked me the last 2 yrs seeing as how that would actually affect game play. Thanks.

A. You must be a kicker. I can’t believe I actually went into replay, closeup. Looks like you are going to be pissed for 3 years running.

sean_15.jpg

LACES OUT!!!!!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Seriously, would you show off the "QB Evade" feature by showing a video of the QB get smacked the fuck up by a DL?....Seriously.....really.....seriously....please......think.....

lol! I like this guy.

StoOgE

The only thing bothering me right now is the number of rookies without photos.. its not a big deal, but it takes away from the really awesome presentation.

ShadowRed

Banned
Hey Kon are you getting the PS2 version or the Xbox? If your getting the PS2 then I will pass on the Xbox version and grab the PS2.

lol, you will pass on the xbox version if konex isn't getting it? give me a break dude, you guys couldn't fill an 8 man league GA league on the ps2 version, let alone the sweet ass 32 man league we're going to unleash on xbox. suck it down!

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Good newz from the latest Q and A:

In an earlier Q&A, you stated that you could shake off multiple defenders using the QB evade in practice mode. Does it have the same effectiveness on the all-pro difficulty in an exhibition or franchise game?

It’s the same. The thing is, when I was in “Practice Mode” playing w/ it, all I did was sit there and try the “QB Evade”. No way I’m going to be doing that in a real game, I’m too busy looking at the “D”. I was just testing it to see if the cheesers will have a field day w/ it or not. Really though, you kind of have to get your feet set again before you can throw it, so I think the cheesers will have a tough time w/ it, since they can’t throw when they want to. It’s more realistic that way.

Top Bottom