• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OutRun 2 GameSpy review

RiZ III

hmm. burnout3 or outrun2.. On one side you got my love for sega, and on the other you got ..well burnout3 ..damn

KAOS

xsarien:
Yep, one of them is a cruising/racing game and the other is a vehicular combat/racing game.

Koshiro

xsarien said:
Two completely different games.
At last, common sense on the subject. Seriously, what on earth brought people to classify Outrun 2 and Burnout 3 in the same category is beyond me. Is it the two syllables followed by a number? They're completely different.. gah.

I disagree with this score. Living in Europe I already got my copy weeks ago and I'd give it an 8. They've caught that classic charme right, but the gameplay and the fill of content aren't that special nowadays. Especially when you go against a full-packed and quite polished concurrent like Burnout 3 in the same time.

COCKLES

being watched
Outrun 2 gets a 7.9 on the Cocklemeter.

Mission mode is a lot more fun then you would expect. And the tracks...you never tire of driving around the same tracks, they really are visually pleasing....but....hopefully Sega will design future Outruns with the same graphic flair, but with a more Burnoutish game structure...trouble is, then it really wouldn't be Outrun would it? Time for Sega to bring us the long rumoured Racers Megamix methinks.

shpankey

not an idiot
meh, I think Burnout 3 was a big step down from B2 in gameplay. For one, you always have the juice, which takes out the tactical and strategical elemnts of when to use it. I didn't play the crash stuff tho and that may be what people are liking. But as far as racing goes, Outrun 2 just outclasses it by a mile IMO at least.

Top Bottom