• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

outrun 2 mini game pics

BeOnEdge

Banned
looks like they are taking a crazy taxi style approach on the mini games.

vortal_pic_127459.jpg

vortal_pic_127458.jpg

vortal_pic_127457.jpg

vortal_pic_127456.jpg

this one looks soooooooo close to the 2d version!!!
vortal_pic_127454.jpg

vortal_pic_127455.jpg

full hands on go here.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/front_index.php?

search outrun 2

pilonv1

Isn't this just part of the heart mode that was in the arcade? I'm sure I've done the blue cone one and the "drift more" ones are definitely in it.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Cool. Lotsa jaggies in these pics though...

it looks really nice, wow.

I think the reason for the jaggies r because the Arcade(Chihiro) version of the game used 512 MB or memory, while the xbox only has 64. Then again, the game is still in development.

GhaleonEB

BeOnEdge said:
i wonder what special request is

vortal_pic_126263.jpg

I believe the 'special request' pops up during the Quest Mode, and then you are challenged to do some of the things in the top pics, such as hit the cones, do extra drifting, etc.

Ranger X

In the Heart Mode there are special request poping in. I never really understood why it pops in though. I think it's when you have A, AA or AAA quote for a couple of stage in a row or something.

Shinobi

vortal_pic_127457.jpg

I just love that pic. The 360 Spyder is easily the most beautiful looking car I've ever seen. Viewing it up close is simply drool-inducing.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
DemonCleaner said:
is it just me or are the graphics downgraded from the arcade version?
I don' t think they have changed. We never got any 640x480 screens from the arcade version so there is no true comparison possible.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I hope it's just the screengrabs :(

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
It looks like crappy compression to me, and seeing as they are from CVG...well you get the idea.

Ranger X

man this is NOT a new mini-game. If you look at those screenshots, it's the Hearts mode that is already in the arcade version....

XS+

Banned
Nobody goes to the arcade anymore do they :(

My personal opinion, Heart Attack Mode is more fun than the actual game. Neat Crazy Taxi-type vibe to the gameplay, and it's a gas when you 'screw up' and fail to impress the hot babe in the passenger side. Plus you're rewarded for sliding in Heart Attack Mode, which can't be said for any other mode in O2.

XS+

Banned
So I don't go "O wow all new outrun 2 minigame!" ... I guess.

Seriously if I was hyped enough for a game and it was already available I wouldn't waste any time playing it.

Oh screw it this generation blows goatsack, I quit.

dem

This is my favourite game for those times when I feel like poking my eyes out with sharp jagged things.

+1 sega

XS+

Banned
Saint Cornelius said:
I had to be a cranky old man, but you're right. I miss playing games in arcades, regardless of if you could play 'em at home or not.
You're a good man.

Ranger X

Well... arcades may get boring today but believe me, i'm back in there playing Outrun2 since it came out!! This game rocks.

Omeyocan

I'm really looking forward to play with you guys over at XBox Live with this beauty that is OutRun 2. Pure fun is gonna be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom