• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Veelk

Banned
I swear every game I lost is due to Zarya's new bullshit ULT. No point in grouping up now.

Can you believe some people have the gaul to be upset at our holy queen D.Va's DM matrix when it is one of the few things that can counter Zarya the Terrible's cruel gravity?

MCD

Can you believe some people have the gaul to be upset at our holy queen D.Va's DM matrix when it is one of the few things that can counter Zarya the Terrible's cruel gravity?

Theu can suck on my 66 eliminations I did today as D.VA.

Veelk

Banned
No dupes patch makes every lootbox so much better to get now. Still no Legendaries tho.

Sort of. I thought just getting constant dupes was lame, but those gave me credits for stuff I would want in the future. Now I'm just getting a bunch of sprays and stuff I'm never gonna actually use because I sold enough of my soul to this game to get every, or nearly every, vanilla skin I could want.

It'll probably be better once new stuff comes in that gives me more stuff to get. But really, I wish they'd just let us sell the stuff we don't want for credit.

All achievements stay live don't they? I'm pretty sure the Mei Snowball ones and the Uprising ones are still listed whenever I check what I've yet to unlock.

There were no Lucio Ball achievements for last years event. These ones added in the most recent patch will be for the 2017 Summer Games which I'm assuming start this week. Usually, on Xbox the cheevos go live with the event patch so the fact we have them suddenly is odd.

Is it theoretically better to spend your saved coins on buying common/rare skins/sprays/voice lines etc so that it increases your chances of getting a new legendary since the new patch? I'd imagine this really only applies for people who've already unlocked quite a bit since there's so many of them.

jviggy43

Is it theoretically better to spend your saved coins on buying common/rare skins/sprays/voice lines etc so that it increases your chances of getting a new legendary since the new patch? I'd imagine this really only applies for people who've already unlocked quite a bit since there's so many of them.
My motto is to save everything for events. When events hit I go through and see which ones I want but don't purchase anything. I wait until the last day and anything i didn't get i buy. Considering those skins are for a limited time and cost 3K, I've found it's best to horde all my gold. Especially since the regular loot will always be there for me to get anyway

Save all your coins until the end of an event and then buy everything you want that you can afford

There were no Lucio Ball achievements for last years event. These ones added in the most recent patch will be for the 2017 Summer Games which I'm assuming start this week. Usually, on Xbox the cheevos go live with the event patch so the fact we have them suddenly is odd.

I wonder, does Sony have some sort of policy on limited event trophies? Since the PS4 version has never gotten official trophies for any of the events, only sprays. But they show up on both PC and XBox versions.

Nazo

Just played my first game with Doomfist in QP. Was attacking on Route 66 and I was absolutely ANNIHILATING the enemy team. I couldn't believe how much fun I was having.

Punching Pharas and Genjis out of the sky is so, so, satisfying...

Mr Git

I'm loving D.va's new voice line for eating ults. It's a great cue to know the ult hasn't worked for either team but also adds to the smarmy satisfaction of eating one.

LiK

Sort of. I thought just getting constant dupes was lame, but those gave me credits for stuff I would want in the future. Now I'm just getting a bunch of sprays and stuff I'm never gonna actually use because I sold enough of my soul to this game to get every, or nearly every, vanilla skin I could want.

It'll probably be better once new stuff comes in that gives me more stuff to get. But really, I wish they'd just let us sell the stuff we don't want for credit.

Hell yeah, even if I don't get a legendary skin, it still feels like I got something.

I'm getting close to getting everything for some heroes. Sooner or later, I'll get some new Legendaries whenever they drop.

rulerk1

still cant believe Doomfist is here. It feels like he was teased as long as Sombra was. I still think his hitboxes are kinda of bs but whatever

jviggy43

Really drives me nuts that you lose xp for leaving god damn quick matches. Like matchmaking in so fills your spot and as is this mode is a cesspool. Like why is this a thing, remove it blizzard.

Or better yet, fix qp.

I wonder, does Sony have some sort of policy on limited event trophies? Since the PS4 version has never gotten official trophies for any of the events, only sprays. But they show up on both PC and XBox versions.

Yeah I believe they don't like them.

Jeremy Dunham went a little inside baseball on how Sony handles trophies during the final episode of PS. I Love You XOXO. Essentially you have to petition for more trophies each time you want to add them after a certain amount (of free trophies) have been added. Perhaps Blizz is saving those petitions for a larger addition at some point or they don't want to run out of the ability to add them for new heroes.

LiK

Event trophies would be an awful idea since people can miss them forever if Blizzard doesn't bring them back. I'm fine with just earning stupid sprays.

rulerk1

Just lost a quick play against a Pharah who only said hello all match and a feeding doomfist. I swear qp has gotten so bad since the update

Event trophies would be an awful idea since people can miss them forever if Blizzard doesn't bring them back. I'm fine with just earning stupid sprays.
Yeah, I appreciate them but at the same time loathe the fact that I'm missing a handful with no way to regain them aside from hoping they come back into the rotation. Could easily have been alieved by making them come back as a weekly brawl every once in a while.

Saw on Reddit another datamine (?) and they're saying the event will be August 2nd. I don't know if I'm exactly following this.

It was August 2nd last year so I could see that being a possibility. At this point, I'd be surprised if it wasn't out around the usual update time tomorrow. I believe the 2nd of August was a Tuesday in 2016?

I'm going to throw this game out a window if Blizzard doesn't add a report function on console soon.

I know that there was some stuff datamined about console report functions, so it better be soon.

Yeah, I'm glad they're not doing the event trophies on PSN - I hate missable/timed trophies. Wasn't a complaint on my end, just a curiosity since the other hardware bases had them.

It was August 2nd last year so I could see that being a possibility. At this point, I'd be surprised if it wasn't out around the usual update time tomorrow. I believe the 2nd of August was a Tuesday in 2016?
Just looked it up. Yeah, it was a Tuesday.

XD7Iqdt.png

No leaks (pics of new skins) or any kind of announcement... I don't think we are getting anything tomorrow.
We had no idea last year of the skins or the event either.

outsida

Beating people up with Doomfist is beyond satisfying. I had a moment last night where I punched a low flying Pharah out of the air during her ult.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
still cant believe Doomfist is here. It feels like he was teased as long as Sombra was. I still think his hitboxes are kinda of bs but whatever

It's especially weird how the rocket punch hitbox seems to go quite a bit below your feet. That hitbox has to be unintended.

_Legacy_

That awkward feeling when you try to join a group that you've played with once or twice before and they don't respond to your messages. That's one person off my friends list, ha!

Think I'll leave Overwatch tonight and wait until my regular group tomorrow. I really don't fancy solo queuing.

MCD

That awkward feeling when you try to join a group that you've played with once or twice before and they don't respond to your messages. That's one person off my friends list, ha!

Think I'll leave Overwatch tonight and wait until my regular group tomorrow. I really don't fancy solo queuing.

Wait

That's not me, right? I was with a group and you never talked! Lol

They had to remove you because you weren't talking.

My Doomfist is so struggle, I love that tool kit but man, I got a long way to go.
And a long time to wait until I'll be able to try playing him more regularly.

leng jai

Been using the right click with Zen a lot more lately, feels like I'm decent with him now. I'm constantly silver or gold in damage but that is probably due to the FPS being low overall. Seems to me he is rarely picked in Bronze, I usually wait 10 seconds before I pick but it's almost always Lucio or Mercy.

The biggest weakness I have with him is getting killed by ults due to his lack of mobility and my poor positioning at times. Riptire, Dead Eye and Visor kill me way too often. I hear the sound cue but still end up dying to them half the time anyway.

Alucrid

Banned
having a doomfist on your team is almost more annoying than having one on the other. so many times i'll try and do something only to see the enemy suddenly be thrown in the air or ten feet away

Been using the right click with Zen a lot more lately, feels like I'm decent with him now. I'm constantly silver or gold in damage but that is probably due to the FPS being low overall. Seems to me he is rarely picked in Bronze, I usually wait 10 seconds before I pick but it's almost always Lucio or Mercy.

The biggest weakness I have with him is getting killed by ults due to his lack of mobility and my poor positioning at times. Riptire, Dead Eye and Visor kill me way too often. I hear the sound cue but still end up dying to them half the time anyway.

Start preloading that right click as soon as you hear a tire. You can get it if you see it first.
For the other two, run. If you're dead-to-rights out in the open, Discord and start chucking orbs at them. I've survived bad positioning with that strategy once or twice.

Top Bottom