• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slurmer

Banned
Just had the chance to play zenyatta on PC. After struggling with him so much on PS4, he really clicked with me with mouse and kb. Got 24 eliminations with him and three golds (not including heals, my friend was playing mercy)

kromeo

I like Zarya but I find it difficult to reliably hit people with the beam when they're jumping all over the place. When I get killed by enemy ones it's like they're locked onto me

Need some practice against bots I think, although they don't really attempt to evade at all..

ito007

Is it more efficient to try sending out bomb blasts as zarya or use the standard ray? Obviously I do the ray for single targets and bombs for multiple people. But what about those pesky 2 person groups? What is a more efficient way of dispatching them? This is assuming I have a pretty decent charge on my gun.

I legitimately did not know either of these things. You can do this on console?

I wouldn't see why you cannot.

Whatever you have the wall button bound to, after placing the wall, press it again to shatter it.

Prior to placing wall, press the wall button again to change it from the x axis to y and vice versa.

Kamion

Is it more efficient to try sending out bomb blasts as zarya or use the standard ray? Obviously I do the ray for single targets and bombs for multiple people. But what about those pesky 2 person groups? What is a more efficient way of dispatching them? This is assuming I have a pretty decent charge on my gun.

The range of the ray is pretty short, so use the blasts if you need any kind of range. If you're close enough and you're good at aiming, I feel like the beam melts people faster, even 2 people groups.

Izayoi

Banned
Wow, I had some beautiful games with Zenyatta last night.

So fucking good, and with the Widow nerf, I feel way more viable than I did before.

Spent 80-95% of the time on fire... Just amazing.

Formosa

I got a real noob question here and hope someone can answer me lol... Let's say I am soldier 76 and I have a tank in front of me on my team, can I shoot "through" him and damage the other team?

R0ckman

I hardly go a few games without the text chat being just littered with varying levels of vitriol. Ranging from passive aggressive tips on how to play to the fair frequent salt fueled hate of the losing team. I've seen multiple n-bombs, a lot of "faggots", I've had someone leave the game and rejoin as a spectator and spend the whole time in chat shitting on me trying to learn Genji, I've had many reapers and hanzos say stuff like "ez" or "get good" after every kill. The list goes on. It's at a point for me now where it's probably 50% or more of the matches I play are full of terrible people. And maybe once every few days I come across a game that is full of people just there to have a good time.

I report everyone who goes too far but it's depressing at times. I just want to have fun, I don't like people throwing hate in the chat.

Its really weird, I have yet to get really bad toxic people. I have a few people here and there but they aren't extreme. Most people joke on both sides.

My worst was just a spanish guy saying his team was cancer and a Dr. Jekel/Mr. Hyde on our defend payload team that lost his mind and screamed at our team when no one would stay on it to prevent it from moving.

Gorillaz

Listen yall

Just because some chick in korea put out the blueprint for Zarya that doesn't mean we all gotta start playing as her more.

the amount of Zarya and DOUBLE Zarya's on some teams in this past week is startling

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man I got into some reaaaaaal silly games tonight, and not silly in that I kept getting stomped, in that I feel like there's even less co-ordination then usual.

Won most of them though, so I guess I can't complain. Would like more nailbiters personally but it seems like matchmaking is struggling with matching prestiged players. Not to say there weren't any close games.

Also just because you're playing with people who prestiged doesn't mean that they can't resist the urge to just go all assault despite everyone else being... assault. Except me as the lone tank who got gold in elims and obj elims anyway.

ElyrionX

After giving up on Hanzo very early into Overwatch, I started playing him again today. Now I know why people pick him. You get kills just by shooting in the general direction of enemies. No aiming required!

Nyx

Whoo hoo, was saving up for one of the shark skins of Roadhog and at 835 credits the next lootbox has the Mako skin in it. :)

Whoo hoo, was saving up for one of the shark skins of Roadhog and at 835 credits the next lootbox has the Mako skin in it. :)

Nice, that's my favorite Roadhog skin.

My first legendary was the Cyber Goth Zarya and I've been bummed forever that it wasn't the Industrial (I like black/red better). Got Industrial today!

Onemic

Listen yall

Just because some chick in korea put out the blueprint for Zarya that doesn't mean we all gotta start playing as her more.

the amount of Zarya and DOUBLE Zarya's on some teams in this past week is startling

double Zarya too stronk.

Grief, if you're here, we gotta run that for every non KOTH game we play today.

J-P

Neo Member
Is there a GAF group for this (ps4)?

If not anyone who wants to play with someone and coordinate a bit add me

PEEEZY187

I'm decent but nothing spectacular. Just like to play and have fun

Listen yall

It could also be people trying to copy the hard AI's team builds. Almost every game on every map it picks 2 Zaryas, Zenyatta, Roadhog, Reaper and 76. It's almost impossible to press that team build with multiple Zaryas insta-casting shields whenever you're trying to make a kill.

Grief.exe

It could also be people trying to copy the hard AI's team builds. Almost every game on every map it picks 2 Zaryas, Zenyatta, Roadhog, Reaper and 76. It's almost impossible to press that team build with multiple Zaryas insta-casting shields whenever you're trying to make a kill.

Listen yall

The GAF group was running double Zarya all last night with myself and OneMic and I'm fairly certain we were approaching 100% win rate. It's just a dangerous combo with the amount of mitigation and damage going out.

Mupod

I dunno what you'd even do about double Zarya. Four Junkrats? The approach of 'stop shooting her shield guys geeze' kinda stops working when there's always a shield.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno what you'd even do about double Zarya. Four Junkrats? The approach of 'stop shooting her shield guys geeze' kinda stops working when there's always a shield.

There won't always be a shield, the numbers just don't work out that way. Probably hard to co-ordinate against though. Maybe bastion waiting for an opening to burst her down?

Onemic

The GAF group was running double Zarya all last night with myself and OneMic and I'm fairly certain we were approaching 100% win rate. It's just a dangerous combo with the amount of mitigation and damage going out.

Double Zarya + Reinhardt combo today?

There won't always be a shield, the numbers just don't work out that way. Probably hard to co-ordinate against though. Maybe bastion waiting for an opening to burst her down?

Bastion doesnt even have to wait for the shield to go down if shes in an open field. Just mow her down with her shield on.

Cade

A couple Bastions eat up a six Zarya team because they can drain shields so fast. It's the only thing that's stopped my six Zarya strategy so far.

Rockyrock

that's why allowing more than 1 of the same character on a team is a horrible, horrible design choice in a game like this.

hbkdx12

How does winston's shield work exactly?

It stops all/most attacks if enemies are outside the shield but they can freely walk inside the shield in which case the shield might as well not even be there?

Ramirez

How does winston's shield work exactly?

It stops all/most attacks if enemies are outside the shield but they can freely walk inside the shield in which case the shield might as well not even be there?

That's why you as Winston, dance in and out of it.

Rad-

Zarya can't do much against Pharah. But Bastion is probably the best counter. You don't even have to stop shooting during shields.

ElyrionX

Ok, let's just give the card to the Genji who deflected 1700 damage and got 1 deflection elim and forget about my Pharah with a game-winning triple kill and 4 gold medals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom