• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

I dunno how anyone can call the PC Overwatch community toxic. If so, I really wonder if you've ever played competitive MP games before.

The Team Fortress 2 community was about 412% better (scientifically proven) than this trashy Overwatch community. It's a big reason why I wanted player hosted dedicated servers.

mdr4vZ5.png

Illucio

Banned
Getting real sick of playing a healer and everyone is too scared of being hit when I got their back and we die because they were too scared to take the offensive.

Then there's the people who rush to the objective and damage everyone and distracts 4-5 different opponents but everyone doesn't want to run to the objective and prefer just to camp and slowly die off because _____?

-sigh-

Onemic

Getting real sick of playing a healer and everyone is too scared of being hit when I got their back and we die because they were too scared to take the offensive.

Then there's the people who rush to the objective and damage everyone and distracts 4-5 different opponents but everyone doesn't want to run to the objective and prefer just to camp and slowly die off because _____?

-sigh-

thats pubs for ya

Grief.exe

Winston and Zarya are 2 heroes i don't even know what to do with. I am trying different heroes all the time, but i totally suck with these two, it's not even funny.
I wish i could get better with Zarya tho. And Winston? I don't even care about him tbh. So boring.

Edit: Actually i would add Symmetra to the list, so that's 3 heroes.

The reason Zarya is so tough is you need to have an innate awareness of everything occurring in the game and be able to anticipate events to make a substantial impact.

She takes a while, nothing else in shooters that plays like her.

Im thinking mcree and soldier 76 or genji to help with turrets, pharah, and snipers

I was thinking the same thing.

arimanius

The Team Fortress 2 community was about 412% better (scientifically proven) than this trashy Overwatch community. It's a big reason why I wanted player hosted dedicated servers.

mdr4vZ5.png

It has been getting worse and worse. I'm guessing the honeymoon period is over with and everyone thinks everyone should be a pro by now.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
It has been getting worse and worse. I'm guessing the honeymoon period is over with and everyone thinks everyone should be a pro by now.

Is this mostly a daytime thing when the young'uns are still up? I usually play between 10PM and 2AM PST and haven't seen stuff like this. Then again, LoL was noticeably less toxic super late night as well when I played. =\

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So my mouse wheel has a tilt left and right function and i decided to bind both of those to melee attack and it is really great.

You can just slide your finger from left or right click to the mouse wheel for some really fast melee attacks to follow up your shots with.

It really helped my Genji play and generally makes me feel more comfortable using melee more often.

Azoor

mdr4vZ5.png

Been a longterm TF2 player, I've seen a lot of toxicity there. That was ramped up when it was announced that it was going F2P. People started pestering anyone who didn't buy the game and even made servers for only those who had purchased the game before.

No idea what science was used to say that TF2 is less toxic. If you had been there for long. You'd see lots of stuff.

I have a question, When I went to boot up OW today there was a patch installed. Now for some reason Borderless Windowed is fucked. I can only get 24 frames a sec max. I can remedy this by putting into Fullscreen mode but I like Borderless windowed mode better because I have a few things running at the same time and I can switch quickly between the game and the other programs quickly. I have all the latest Nvidia drivers installed and I never had this issue until the latest patch for the game was installed. Anyone else have this issue or noticed it?

Egg0

Banned
Won 2 in a row then dropped 2 in a row. Le sigh.

Any xbone groups out there looking for a pretty ok-ish Lucio, hit me up.

GT: ultimateegg0

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member

That's my whole reason for playing on the PS4, the lack of chat comments means I don't have to deal with that crap. I have clocked in 1155 games already and voice chat has been pretty clean. I play with Gaffers and friends now, but early on doing randoms was fine.

Also, I have yet to receive any salty PSN messages.

Zemm

Been a longterm TF2 player, I've seen a lot of toxicity there. That was ramped up when it was announced that it was going F2P. People started pestering anyone who didn't buy the game and even made servers for only those who had purchased the game before.

No idea what science was used to say that TF2 is less toxic. If you had been there for long. You'd see lots of stuff.

I played TF2 for six years and came across people like that a handful of times because I played on community/forum driven servers where most people knew each other. That was a thing you could actually do in TF2 but can't in this. I've already been called a fag or seen others called a fag more times in OW than I had in TF2.

arimanius

Is this mostly a daytime thing when the young'uns are still up? I usually play between 10PM and 2AM PST and haven't seen stuff like this. Then again, LoL was noticeably less toxic super late night as well when I played. =\

No, I normally play at night. Usually between 6 PM and 12 pm CST.

Grisby

A good Genji/Tracer on consoles is practically impossible to kill. Feel like they'll be adjusted eventually.
Eh, Winston or Mei (from behind for her) can get them pretty good. Usually.

mdr4vZ5.png
Glad there isn't chat on console. Wouldn't mind some more voice options like go to objective or something though.

Azoor

I played TF2 for six years and came across people like that a handful of times because I played on community/forum driven servers where most people knew each other. That was a thing you could actually do in TF2 but can't in this. I've already been called a fag or seen others called a fag more times in OW than I had in TF2.

That's why you got less name calling/toxicity from the TF2 community because you were playing with specific people.

Though I do understand from where you come from , I highly doubt Blizzard will allow any private servers anytime soon or ever.

Lucio and Zarya are solo que monsters.

Kits that suit any game type and fully capable of carrying teams that don't know how to coordinate.

Best part is since everyone wants to play offensive heroes you always get appreciated more by team mates.

People need to wise up when facing a team of 6 Tobjorns by countering with Pharrah or D.Va dammit.

What makes D.Va strong against turrets? She can't shoot while her shields are up, right?

Lucio and Zarya are solo que monsters.

Kits that suit any game type and fully capable of carrying teams that don't know how to coordinate.

Zarya is always a solid choice, but the team absolutely need to be a somewhat coordinated to make her work. If you don't have a front line to hold she's pretty useless.

I've started playing Symmetra on all maps.

She's surprisingly effective in KOTH and viable on attack maps as long the opponent haven't stacked Torbjorn/Bastion.

As I've mentioned to others, Symmetra is the TF2 Pyro of Overwatch, and has to be played in the same way if you want to be anything other than a turret spammer. Much like with Pyro, positioning is everything and getting in close enough to let that beam do work requires a strong understanding of your engagement range and how to get the drop on people. Figure that out and you can do a lot of work in the game.

Nimby

Banned
Apparently people don't know what Zen's ult does. I was grouped up with 3-4 people, and no one followed me to push the objective.

FoxSpirit

Pshhh, I had nothing so far. Nothing. Except one or two times moaning but in the number of games I have played? Zero.

Compared to LoL where half the frustration is being stuck with a shit team and THEN some bronzer tells you it's all you guys because he is on bronze. Yeah right. Together with absolutely atrocious time requirements LoL n DotA is a nightmare. Overwatch is the happy summer breeze ;-)

arimanius

Pshhh, I had nothing so far. Nothing. Except one or two times moaning but in the number of games I have played? Zero.

Compared to LoL where half the frustration is being stuck with a shit team and THEN some bronzer tells you it's all you guys because he is on bronze. Yeah right. Together with absolutely atrocious time requirements LoL n DotA is a nightmare. Overwatch is the happy summer breeze ;-)

I don't play Dota and LoL for that reason. But in this game it has gotten worse. At first it wasn't much chatting at all besides gg or ez. Now it's usually shit talking from teammates saying everyone sucks, who everyone should play, and of course the usual racist name calling.

I usually play after 10pm PST and I don't run into this stuff much at all, if ever. It probably does have to do with younger ones not being up. Although with it now being summer I am sure we will see more of this kind of behavior slipping into later during the night.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm fucking dying.

Funniest shit i've read in a long time.

Those names, those descriptions.

/dead

ClvbOMoUsAAQkjX.jpg:large

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I really feel ultimates charge far too quickly in general, the game seems to revolve around hitting a good ultimate and that's just not fun at all. I've been playing Paladins a bit and I much prefer how they deal with ultimates, they're a slightly stronger ability that you get often instead of being the be all and end all like they are in Overwatch. I'm sure it's an unpopular opinion but I really feel the ultimate spam hurts the game.

I'm fucking dying.

/dead

I actually got stuck in a game with someone named Naruto124 or something along those lines who only played Genji and did those exact same things most of the time. Instead of capping points when we cleared most of the enemies he would then push into their spawn area trying to take on the whole team and repeatedly die without finishing the objective. He was clearly fishing for PotG most of the time by his reckless abandon.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Played a great game of Defense on Dorado last night, had a good widow on my team for once + Zenyatta and me on McCree completely destroying their 3 tanks. It was glorious.

I think I still prefer McCree over Reaper for tank killing in most cases since headshot hitboxes are so big. I think I fanned like 3 times that match.

usctrojan

Question: how are people emoting "wants to attack objective" "wants to defend objective" etc?

I don't see any of that in bindings and Google isn't helping. Nor is pressing every keyboard key I have.

PC Client

Question: how are people emoting "wants to attack objective" "wants to defend objective" etc?

I don't see any of that in bindings and Google isn't helping. Nor is pressing every keyboard key I have.

PC Client

mouse over objective and press the key that is bound to "understood"

maouvin

I'm fucking dying.

/dead

This is the greatest thing.

I found a Hanzo quite like that yesterday.
When we finally convinced him to change, he went Reaper. And kept attacking from the same distance he did as Hanzo.

Ramma2

I really enjoy playing as Mercy but maybe I am playing as her wrong? Almost always a gold medal in healing, usually a ton of assists and I rez when I can, but never PotG and almost never up for a vote at the end of the round. Even when I am up for a vote at the end no one ever votes for pure healing. Am I missing something here?

eek5

I really enjoy playing as Mercy but maybe I am playing as her wrong? Almost always a gold medal in healing, usually a ton of assists and I rez when I can, but never PotG and almost never up for a vote at the end of the round. Even when I am up for a vote at the end no one ever votes for pure healing. Am I missing something here?

No one gives a shit about support and the only way you'll get POTG as mercy is by resurrecting 4+ people or 3+ people in a really quick match where nothing happened.

Also gold healing doesn't mean much. Just means you healed the most on your team. If there isn't a roadhog or another mercy/lucio then you're pretty much guaranteed gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom