• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL94

Banned
I'm a Mercy main with I think 50 hours on just her. Some things I love:

- When a teammate calls goes all lone wolf, calls for healing, dies 74 miles away, calls me the worst healer ever.
- When a teammate calls for healing but is above and LoS'ing me, dies, calls me the worst healer ever.
- Winstons who jump and run into a hallway and around corners, calls for healing, doesn't try to path back, dies, calls me the worst healer ever.
- Ulting Genji who runs head first into the other team without warning then calls me the worst healer ever for not healing him.
- Bastion who calls me the worst healer ever after telling me I should've been able to keep him up against the Widowmaker and Pharah picking him off.
- Team is topped up on defense on Hanamura, I stick in the hallway to the left facing out with Reinhardy shielding the gate. I am potshotting, 2 kills so far, McCree runs PAST shield, dies in .2 secs, calls me worst ever healer for not healing and trying to play hero.

Prelude.

I personally think it's silly that i can build a new turret the second mine is destroyed. I'd be interested in seeing it changed so that the cooldown to build a new turret doesn't begin till after your current turret is destroyed.
A lv1 turret is such a joke that it might not even be there, and you still need about 5 seconds to upgrade it, so I don't think that's particularly problematic.

I'm not quite sure what you mean? Turrets are stationary targets so I don't why the lock on would inhibit that. Just line you shot up behind cover > fire > go back behind cover.
Because it takes longer to aim on a controller and I've also heard that the aiming on OW for consoles isn't the greatest. If the turrets lock on more slowly the player has more time to shoot at it. If that's not an issue what should they nerf specifically on consoles considering that nobody on pc has big issues with him?
He's only dangerous during his ultimate because he effectively turns into a tank dealing decent damage with a powerful auto-aiming turret, but that's fine, it's his ult, they're supposed to be that way.

Warewolf

I'm reading this thread standing at a Sushi bar and Overwatch is invading my reality.
jugoU1i.jpg

Lupercal

Banned
I personally think it's silly that i can build a new turret the second mine is destroyed. I'd be interested in seeing it changed so that the cooldown to build a new turret doesn't begin till after your current turret is destroyed.
Look again though, if it dies within 10 seconds you don't.

If anything he needs a buff on PC. Lower his track speed on console and voila.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Have to stop playing with randoms. It's draining!

Seriously. If you have to solo queue, just turn on some music and turn your brain off. Your teammates already have.

Bydobob

This is an interesting trend. Last game, I had gold medal for 4 eliminations. Next game, gold medal for 2 eliminations.

I've also had a gold with 2 elims! Shortest match I've ever played.

Anyone know what they deal actually is with the matchmaking? I was nudging 60% W/L until lately where I've been losing the majority of my matches and getting murdered all over the place. There must be some adjustment at work.

A lv1 turret is such a joke that it might not even be there, and you still need about 5 seconds to upgrade it, so I don't think that's particularly problematic.

Agreed, but I've played against teams of nothing but Torbjorn and have participated in teams of nothing but Torbjorn... It's insanely annoying, haha. I'm completely open to the idea of the cooldown beginning after it's destroyed to help relieve some of that frustration.

M.J. Doja

Banned
I've also had a gold with 2 elims! Shortest match I've ever played.

Anyone know what they deal actually is with the matchmaking? I was nudging 60% W/L until lately where I've been losing the majority of my matches and getting murdered all over the place. There must be some adjustment at work.

Oh, it's the age-old "You've moved up in MMR/Skill, therefore you're playing with better players." thing.

PS4: Just got completely crushed by a team of 6 Torbjorns at the first choke point on Dorado. Game has become a complete joke on console, every match turns out the same: stack Torbjorn > win > Torbjorn PotG. Going to take a break until Blizzard nerf this broken hero.

Wouldn't a decent nerf for him be:

• Shorter range of turrets
  • Less HP for level 3
  • Delayed time snapping on to targets
  • Turret cooldown begins when it dies

Like geez you cant even properly deal with the turret on console without losing a good amount of HP.

Bydobob

Oh, it's the age-old "You've moved up in MMR/Skill, therefore you're playing with better players." thing.

Understand that, but by extension the players I'm teamed up with should also be better and it should even itself out. Maybe I'm just salty for losing too many matches tonight and things will correct themselves tomorrow!

Nazo

Sometimes I feel like Blizzard should just just rename Hanzo's scatter arrows to "The I don't have to try" arrows.

• Less HP for level 3

Like geez you cant even properly deal with the turret on console without losing a good amount of HP.

I agree with this 100%. Though I think his timer for setting up his sentry should be like two seconds longer.

Seriously. If you have to solo queue, just turn on some music and turn your brain off. Your teammates already have.
Actually one of my enduring complaints about the game is that I can't listen to my music while I play. Audio queues from enemy fire which reveal class and location, and enemy footsteps are too important in the game to not be able to hear them.

eek5

Actually one of my enduring complaints about the game is that I can't listen to my music while I play. Audio queues are too important in the game to not be able to hear them.

Turn in-game music off (super weird in menus and potg) and turn music on low in the bg. works ok for me

Turn in-game music off (super weird in menus and potg) and turn music on low in the bg. works ok for me
But I need to JAM bro. I can't jam in Overwatch.

It's fine, Seriously. But I would like to jam. I often times start s song then have to shut it down when I unexpectedly get bodied by someone I never heard coming.

I installed PTR and found out that I am level 18 for some reason; had an extra loot box that I opened yesterday and received B.Va legendary skin. I can't connect to any game at all, be it quick play or vs A.I.

I have no idea what to do with PTR lol. I am level 25 and everything is normal on EU though. I can't join games in PTR.

Apathy

• Less HP for level 3

I mean you could do one of the first 3 alone and be fine, but doing more than one will break him to even more useless levels than he is now. The last one done on it's own is enough to break him

kubricks

Just when I thought a blue ice-wall blocking the path while your team is charging forward is the MOST frustrating thing ever........

Then on the next game I almost solo push the payload to about 100m from goal with a 76... everyone decide to stay back and snipe... WHY? Almost lose the game if not for the OT and a final minute Reinhardt.
Then the Potg is a Bastion staying mile away from the payload picking people off. ARGH!

I mean you could do one of the first 3 alone and be fine, but doing more than one will break him to even more useless levels than he is now. The last one done on it's own is enough to break him

Break him? Are you on consoles or PC? Since he wrecks right now when I'm playing on PS4.

There is no dodging the shots. It auto aims on you and it is crazy when set up at the right location

Satch

Banned
But I need to JAM bro. I can't jam in Overwatch.

It's fine, Seriously. But I would like to jam. I often times start s song then have to shut it down when I unexpectedly get bodied by someone I never heard coming.
One of the best things about playing dota is just having ur music turned up but still being able to play... Its sorely missed here

Apathy

Break him? Are you on consoles or PC? Since he wrecks right now when I'm playing on PS4.

There is no dodging the shots. It auto aims on you and it is crazy when set up at the right location

i'm on the pc but he they track exactly the same. again, one of those changes could probably be fine, but more than that he would be so broken no one would even look at him

Nimby

Banned
Because it takes longer to aim on a controller and I've also heard that the aiming on OW for consoles isn't the greatest. If the turrets lock on more slowly the player has more time to shoot at it. If that's not an issue what should they nerf specifically on consoles considering that nobody on pc has big issues with him?
He's only dangerous during his ultimate because he effectively turns into a tank dealing decent damage with a powerful auto-aiming turret, but that's fine, it's his ult, they're supposed to be that way.

It takes longer to aim on a controller, but I seriously doubt that's actually a huge problem. The problem with aiming on a controller (in my experience at least) is that it's tough to track targets and the default button layout requires you take your thumb off the right thumb stick and seriously hinders your ability to jump and shoot, and your overall not as accurate. But against a turret, none of that really applies. Lvl. 2 turrets can wipe out 200 HP characters quickly, but against a D.Va, Winston, and Zarya, they are pretty much toast. Widowmaker despite being hindered on console can still take out turrets reliably, so can Pharah and Hanzo.

I'm still not seeing a reason to nerf him, and if the nerf to turrets does come on console I think they need to buff him somehow also. I'm not that good at this game, and I can take on a turret + Torbjorn using the correct counters. 6 Torbs, even 3? No. Again, limiting hero stacking to 2 similar to how it is on weekly brawl will do a lot I think.

Spazznid

Same here. This game just makes me smile. It's so fun even when you're on a completely terrible team.

agrred.png

Sorry, but I get furious when we're losing the point and it's overtime, and our Hanzo/Widowmaker thinks that being alive at the end of the match is more important than touching the point to contest it for a second or two till the team gets there...

Apathy

just really wish it would stop breaking up competent pugs and putting me into groups of people that have never use a mouse and keyboard before

eek5

i'm on the pc but he they track exactly the same. again, one of those changes could probably be fine, but more than that he would be so broken no one would even look at him

One of the problems is the controller deadzone. IDK how auto-aim is on consoles but I imagine most of the counters are far enough away or aiming with arc'd projectiles which don't benefit at all from auto-aim which means it's probably similar to PC w/ controller which I've played with a bit. Two of the turret counters (junkrat/zarya) are pretty annoying to line up shots with because you have to make vertical adjustments to get the arc right. The dead zone makes vertical/horizontal micro adjustments a pain in the ass. You go from moving a little bit to jumping a lot because nothing is happening then suddnely your stick is 10-15% pointed in one direction moving your aim a lot. Diag adjustments are even worse as you traverse the deadzone and end up just making squares instead of being able to adjust diagonal quickly. If you aren't being pressured this isn't a huge deal since you can sometimes strafe to move horizontally or just keep moving around to get the adjustment lined up but you're not always afforded that time because of other heroes trying to gank you and sometimes horizontal strafe adjustment isn't possible since it'll put you in LoS of the turret. I'm curious to see if the nextpatch will make Torb easier to counter on console; I played around with it a bit on PTR and making those diagonal movements and micro-adjustments is a lot easier. The deadzone feels at least half as big.

LAM09

Sorry, but I get furious when we're losing the point and it's overtime, and our Hanzo/Widowmaker thinks that being alive at the end of the match is more important than touching the point to contest it for a second or two till the team gets there...

That kills me. I normally hate seeing a sniper on my team, as I know they'll most likely do nothing to help.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
just really wish it would stop breaking up competent pugs and putting me into groups of people that have never use a mouse and keyboard before

Why not make friends with some of them and form a group? (The competent folk anyway)

BigDug13

His turret tracks the same on console and PC but WE can't track the same. It takes us MUCH longer to line up accurate shots with dual analog which means more damage sustained before we can retaliate. It's why Tracer dominates in the "haha you can't kill me" realm on console and Torb turrets wreck.

There's a reason Symmetra and Torb have a 10% higher win rate on console than PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom