• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerity

Man, I really wish there more of a strategic element to the game at these lower levels instead of the kd ratio bumrush that happens.

That said, hooking dudes out of the sky with roadhog is delicious. Which I doubt I'd be able to do at higher level play.

Gorillaz

PS4: Just got completely crushed by a team of 6 Torbjorns at the first choke point on Dorado. Game has become a complete joke on console, every match turns out the same: stack Torbjorn > win > Torbjorn PotG. Going to take a break until Blizzard nerf this broken hero.
I remember talking bout torb in this thread and people thought I was joking bout him being a problem. Dudes saying nothing was wrong with him. Hes alright

Yea maybe on PC but not on console. This game is a completely different beast on both sides. Blizzard will have to recognize this sooner or later

Apathy

since we're going to get separate tweeking based on consoles s and PC's, can console people get hanzo tree trunks reduced to fair sizes since we don't have to compensate for controllers

On PC every Match against 3+ Torbs is a easy win in my experience, they will get rushed down and lose point B before they can set up there. Its usually a quick match.

A damage boosted Bastion with a Reinhardt Shield before him is giving a lot of groups trouble though.

Anyone got a console vid of how bad it is to aim?

Lokbob

On PC every Match against 3+ Torbs is a easy win in my experience, they will get rushed down and lose point B before they can set up there. Its usually a quick match.

A damage boosted Bastion with a Reinhardt Shield before him is giving a lot of groups trouble though.

Rizzi

Getting real sick of this shit.
Live in Australia and want to play Overwatch? Too bad buddy you're being shoved in the American servers now. Why? Who would know, because Blizzard sure as fuck hasn't commented on in the week since it's started happening.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Live in Australia and want to play Overwatch? Too bad buddy you're being shoved in the American servers now. Why? Who would know, because Blizzard sure as fuck hasn't commented on in the week since it's started happening.

I've gotten very few games where i was put into us servers honestly.

When you do though you really feel it.

cyborg009

Banned
This is me when people use D.Va to shoot people at long range.

Facepalm-Meme-08.png

TBH this is how I play her lol.

CoLaN

So, why the hell does joining few seconds before the end of a match count as a loss? Its getting really tiresome.

If they want to track every single thing in this game, then at least make it fair.

But I need to JAM bro. I can't jam in Overwatch.

It's fine, Seriously. But I would like to jam. I often times start s song then have to shut it down when I unexpectedly get bodied by someone I never heard coming.
The last few weeks when someone asks me what I've been listening to, I got nothing to answer with. Sound is everything in this game.

Grief.exe

So literally nothing interesting went down that match for you to get that potg? The 1 for the final hit takes the cake too.

Shutdowns are ranked very high for POTG.

Reduced population player pool possibly.

Satch

Banned
I left the stack that i was in, and then next game i got put on the team opposite theirs...

and shat on them 😏😏😏

Pilgrimzero

I'll never understand PotG.

I kill 3 people for a triple kill. Is that PotG?

Nope.

It's me shooting Rhein in the back after he misses me with his hammer.

Gorillaz

I left the stack that i was in, and then next game i got put on the team opposite theirs...

and shat on them 😏😏😏

it's so weird how you will end up against your own people randomly too like I look at the setup and shocked that blizz wants me to stunt on my own friends list

besada

Banned
I'm ready for competitive mode. One too many games where the entire team is a block away from the damned platform, all trying to kill a couple of flankers, while the rest of the opposing team is serially murdering me at the platform.

I did hilariously knock three enemies and myself off the map with a Reinhardt charge this afternoon, but that didn't make up for a day's worth of terrible, terrible play.

I'll never understand PotG.

I kill 3 people for a triple kill. Is that PotG?

Nope.

It's me shooting Rhein in the back after he misses me with his hammer.

Being torbjorn is like a one-way street to Embarrassment-town when you get POTG.

Play of the Game: Torbjorn!

*Proceeds to show me faffing about 1v1-ing a soldier 76 and getting a single kill*

Rizzi

Shutdowns are ranked very high for POTG.

Reduced population player pool possibly.

No, it happens the second you start the game up. It just connects people in Australia to US servers. Which, I dunno what your ping is like but 300 ping is kind of unplayable.

Pilgrimzero

Being torbjorn is like a one-way street to Embarrassment-town when you get POTG.

*Proceeds to show me faffing about 1v1-ing a soldier 76 and getting a single kill*

Saw one PotG where Torb was dead but his turret wracked up kills to get PotG. The whole video was just Torbs dead body laying there no where near the turret.

kubricks

That feel when you get 5 gold medals as Soldier...it's simultaneously empowering and depressing at the same time (mostly for that top heals one).

I got just that last game, that top healing lol.
I guess I have the longest objective time too since my teammates are no where to be seen for almost the whole game. XD

mrmyhthef

I got a Torb potg in which I used my molten core to shoot a Mei wall. Got exposed as a dirty stat padder lmao

Gold damage done though!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, most torb potg i see are them molten coring and actually shooting people.

Which is still lame because fuck molten core, but not as lame.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, and I do play Symmetra aggressively, I just wish team mates would give SOME recognition. I feel like ive gotten much better as her as of late

My better mains are Mercy, Lucio, Mei, Hanzo, Zarya (omg she is so good). Trying to learn and get better with Symmetra, Zenttaya and maybe Widow. Only offense character I can use is Mcree and barely.

We lost two rounds in a row because of the 6th player being a Widowmaker-picking random who did nothing.

And then he got potg for "shutdown" when he wasn't even the one who got the final blow. Is Blizzard mocking us

Thanks for the words of encouragement, and I do play Symmetra aggressively, I just wish team mates would give SOME recognition. I feel like ive gotten much better as her as of late

My better mains are Mercy, Lucio, Mei, Hanzo, Zarya (omg she is so good). Trying to learn and get better with Symmetra, Zenttaya and maybe Widow. Only offense character I can use is Mcree and barely.
Sadly, everyone seems to have realized this finally. About ten games today and every single one featured a Zarya, usually on both sides. She's shot up in popularity, leaving Zenyatta and Symmetra behind in the "least picked" category. Winston now takes her place. I think she's only going to become more common as time goes on, too. Good Zaryas are a fright to behold.

Sadly, everyone seems to have realized this finally. About ten games today and every single one featured a Zarya, usually on both sides. She's shot up in popularity, leaving Zenyatta and Symmetra behind in the "least picked" category. Winston now takes her place. I think she's only going to become more common as time goes on, too. Good Zaryas are a fright to behold.

Yep, this is what I've been experiencing as well. Zaryas are simply everywhere. For me, it just keeps reminding me how much I wish hero stacking wasn't in the game. Yeah, I know it can be fun for people, but facing off against bubble after bubble after bubble with multiple Zaryas is just a real bummer.

gurudyne

Getting a legendary drop that turns out to be coins is such a letdown. It'll take me another 20-30 boxes to get enough coins to buy an actual legendary skin; I'd rather just have the random one. Or a way to get coins quicker than +5 per copied spray.

Yep, this is what I've been experiencing as well. Zaryas are simply everywhere. For me, it just keeps reminding me how much I wish hero stacking wasn't in the game. Yeah, I know it can be fun for people, but facing off against bubble after bubble after bubble with multiple Zaryas is just a real bummer.

I don't know, it has its upsides. Somehow convinced 11 other randos in a pub to all go Zarya. That was a hell of a game. Blackholes, bubbles and beams beverywhere.

LiK

Anyone lagged so hard you can't even move right? Just had a game where my teammate had 7 turret kills and it's 100% kill participation so I guess no one else had any shots register lol

Forkball

Doomstacked with a team of six Torbs on King's Row and won easily. I don't really like playing him, but you can't argue with results.

psbuffmcree

Blizzard

Banned
Getting a legendary drop that turns out to be coins is such a letdown. It'll take me another 20-30 boxes to get enough coins to buy an actual legendary skin; I'd rather just have the random one. Or a way to get coins quicker than +5 per copied spray.
It's even worse when it's a duplicate legendary and you only get 200 coins. :(

Doomstacked with a team of six Torbs on King's Row and won easily. I don't really like playing him, but you can't argue with results.

psbuffmcree
Do you mean our 5-Torb, 1-Mei dwarf fortress combo? :D

I don't mind stacking in QP but I was totally expecting a hero limit in competitive. When PTR launched and it looked like stacking was going to be in both modes I was incredibly disappointed, like many other people. It just kicks fun and balance down a very long flight of stairs and it's legitimately my only major gripe with the game.

tfw when you join a game in progress (Control on Iios ruins) and they are losing and you pick roadhog just to play around and then gain control and take the win for them then you still play around on Wells and win there too.

I don't mind stacking in QP but I was totally expecting a hero limit in competitive. When PTR launched and it looked like stacking was going to be in both modes I was incredibly disappointed, like many other people. It just kicks fun and balance down a very long flight of stairs and it's legitimately my only major gripe with the game.

Totally my opinion on this one and I don't expect many to agree with me, but my feeling is always "If it's a good enough design decision for competitive, it should be good enough for quick match". Wacky balance-less free for alls should be in the weekly arena, not the normal play modes.

besada

Banned
I just played a handful of games with the same group and they were great! High level of play, lots of fun, no salt. It's nice to get a reminder every so often of how fun it can be.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
When you quit out of a game, because you know it's going to be bad. That is Hero stacking shenanigans during Assemble and queue up and Blizzard gives you the same match. :[

LiK

Man, so fucking annoying when you join a group and suddenly you lag like a mofo. Dunno what's going on but those two defeats were BS since I couldn't even get to the fight. Had to quit out.

jackdoe

Weekly brawl is extremely unfun as attacker if the defense realizes that two Torbs and two Bastions is practically unwinnable when the attackers can only choose defensive characters.

I just played a handful of games with the same group and they were great! High level of play, lots of fun, no salt. It's nice to get a reminder every so often of how fun it can be.

Until matchmaking decides that you are having too much fun.

That aside, I just read the two most horrifying career profiles. One of them only plays offense characters, and the other has 8 hours with Hanzo (second most played is like 2 hours).

Today I had a match where I got Zarya's Power Overwhelming trophy completely on accident - it was something like 15 Eliminations and 0 Deaths on the Lijiang Tower Garden map, and I was just steamrolling the enemy team. Gonna attack my Lucio? Bam, shield. Gonna post a Bastion in the corner and try to take me out? Bam, shield.

It was another one of those moments where a character I was so-so with finally just clicked because I had a great team - I was surprised because I was playing with one friend but the other four were randoms, and yet we completely dominated the competition. It was super satisfying and I think I'm going to have to try out Zarya a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom