• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
-75% experience for a great deal of matches. My friend said he had to play through more than ten until it stopped, but he lost count. I've heard the figure is 20 but I am not sure.
I only had to play 2 such games after the server kicked me and gave me a penalty, so maybe it varies.

The 20 figure refers to the amount of your previous matches that count towards the total used to determine if you left too many. You get a penalty if you leave more than a certain % of your games, but it is entirely based on your last 20 games.

Bydobob

I felt the same way at first, but you also have to look at it like this- if the entire enemy team is on the point, just running in would be suicide. If you weaken them first/built up your ult, you guys will have a much better chance of taking the point. You stand a much better shot at taking the point if one or two of them are down vs fighting 6v6 in their turf. I used to think playing the objective was everyone on the point at all times, but that just increases the chances of a team wipe.

This is excellent advice and where a good sniper can really swing the balance for the attacking team. Tracer and Genji are also really good at nipping in and out and chipping away at damage. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to communicate this in a pub match, people go running in like headless chickens regardless.

Nyx

Man I love all these new Symmetra players.
Most of them don't understand yet that my man Winston fucks all their shit up.

Also fun this morning, hooking the opponent Roadhog and killing him at least 7 times this way. I can imagine his cursewords at the time lol.

New top-tier pro defense strat of not only having a Widowmaker, but having a Mercy and Zenyatta that exclusively heal her, to the detriment of the Reinhardt (me) getting rocked at the main gate of Hanamura.

I noticed because I was at half health with Zenyatta right next to me, and wondered who else on the team could possibly need heal- oh.

Blizzard

Banned
There really are a lot of new Zenyatta players. Why? Did she get some tweaks?
Zenyatta is common because Widowmaker can't bodyshot kill him anymore. I suspect Tracer is likewise showing up more.

Hanzo is EVERYWHERE after the Widowmaker nerf, and I feel like most of them today used the wolf skin where the first part of the voice warning is whispered. Am I crazy or is that a little less fair than the normal warning?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Zenyatta is common because Widowmaker can't bodyshot kill him anymore. I suspect Tracer is likewise showing up more.

Hanzo is EVERYWHERE after the Widowmaker nerf, and I feel like most of them today used the wolf skin where the first part of the voice warning is whispered. Am I crazy or is that a little less fair than the normal warning?

It's still pretty prominent. I don't think I've ever had trouble not hearing it.

DeSo

Banned
Fucking Blizzard keep dumping me on overseas servers. I'm sorry but an online FPS is borderline unplayable with a 100ms+ ping. Australia loses again!

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Went on a nutty win streak tonight. Gonna pack it in now before karma kicks in and I tilt hard. =S

Also, tfw you turn around a game that your team had no business winning. =D

Fucking Blizzard keep dumping me on overseas servers. I'm sorry but an online FPS is borderline unplayable with a 100ms+ ping. Australia loses again!

150ms ping. Add that to the 20hz tickrate. Sometimes I die before Bastion visibly turns around LOL. Mei starts freezing me way to early in real-time whereas I am still approaching her.

DeSo

Banned
150ms ping. Add that to the 20hz tickrate. Sometimes I die before Bastion visibly turns around LOL. Mei starts freezing me way to early in real-time whereas I am still approaching her.
Yep, that's about the ping I've been getting all night. Think we're getting routed to Singapore servers.

ViviOggi

Pub Hanzo pickers are pure cancer. Hero's on the weaker side already but that's not the problem, it's them never switching even when they're 100% deadweight on fucking attack. Even Genji publords tend to switch when they realize their pick isn't working out but with Hanzo pickers you know from the start of the game, if the other 5 can't carry their ass that's it.

Manoko

Pub Hanzo pickers are pure cancer. Hero's on the weaker side already but that's not the problem, it's them never switching even when they're 100% deadweight on fucking attack.

Hanzo/Genji/Widowmaker only players are indeed the cancer of this game.
They bring their whole team down by not contributing at all 80% of the time.

The worst are those who tell other people what to pick (support/tank) when not switching themselves.

I hope these kind of players will move on from Overwatch soon.

200+ ping with unstable lag spike every night since launch. My FPS got hit like a truck as well since the 14 june patch.
Only these few days I saw 20 ping again(singapore servers), and that is still if I am lucky and playing on non peak hours.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
The worst are those who tell other people what to pick (support/tank) when not switching themselves.

I had a match with 2 Reinhardts and a Zarya on my team today. =S The Reinys were going super ham, so I was constantly get ults as Mercy, which I needed since they were dying all the time...

Eventually they realized they should stop goofing around when they noticed we were 20 seconds from losing and switched to more useful heroes. Zarya stayed as is since she was doing awesome. <3

Hey, I switched my settings around based on this, and I feel like it's helped me a lot. Thank you!

Question though: Now my mouse feels slow in navigating other things. Anything I can do?

If you have a gaming mouse, then play with the dpi settings so you can change it on the fly depending on what you need. If you don't have a gaming mouse/can't afford to get one then I've done some googling and it looks like there are utlities you can download to take care of this without having to go into your windows control panel all the time. I've never used them though, so I can't recommend anything specific. If you can afford a gaming mouse then don't fall for the marketing: avoid Razer products because they tend to have pretty poor build quality.

You'll also probably find that after some time playing games with the sensitivity a bit lower, you'll get really comfortable moving your mouse further to move the cursor and it won't feel as sluggish. Whenever non-gamer friends use my PC they always complain about my mouse.

Here's a pretty extreme example a very low mouse sensitivity

Rad-

Damage boosted Pharah is just insane on consoles because nobody actually looks up and even when they do, they don't have the aim to hit a flying Pharah so Mercy never has to change to healing.

I've had a few 200ms+ games today.

Instantly quit out though.

Edit: Just got a rare Aussie server! 55 ping!

I play with a friend from AUS, he gets on AUS servers all the time. Sometimes I get on AUS servers when I play with him, although ideally we get on US west which is the best compromise for both of us.

DeSo

Banned
I play with a friend from AUS, he gets on AUS servers all the time. Sometimes I get on AUS servers when I play with him, although ideally we get on US west which is the best compromise for both of us.
I get on Aus servers a lot too, but I also get on overseas servers about half as many times. You ask a CSGO player if 100ms+ ping is acceptable in online FPS.

gkbPuBw.png

Fully expecting a string of losses now.
I've gone from the high 50s to about 52% because more then half the time the game thinks me and my friend can carry dead weight against 4 man pre-made teams and it's beyond frustrating it's worse then so many other team shooters.

Why can't overwatch just pair us up with 10 other players of the same skill

benzopil

Playing McCree without using his combo on PS4, and it's still one of my best characters (25-35 elims in one game). Looks like I'll play him often in competitive mode if it ever will be available on consoles. Soldier is good too but he's boring AF.

benzopil

So tired of exploits on Dorado on PS4... If you see Symmetra or Toblerone you know you are screwed because of exploits they are using...

Kito

Man I love all these new Symmetra players.
Most of them don't understand yet that my man Winston fucks all their shit up.

That monkey is the bane of my existence. I can win a 1v1 if I have Torb armour though. Otherwise I'll just have to pick off your team's healer.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So if you thought Stacked Torbs was annoying on Defend, 4 Zarya's and 2 Lucio's pretty much is godmode for Attack

Just bubbles everywhere, Lucios just pumping speed + health
Good luck stopping that

Zemm

Pub Hanzo pickers are pure cancer. Hero's on the weaker side already but that's not the problem, it's them never switching even when they're 100% deadweight on fucking attack. Even Genji publords tend to switch when they realize their pick isn't working out but with Hanzo pickers you know from the start of the game, if the other 5 can't carry their ass that's it.

yup yet to see one that I felt really contributed and there are fucking tons of them, like an infestation. Ofcourse when you look at their profile the game time is 90% Hanzo, 10% Genji.

Rad-

So if you thought Stacked Torbs was annoying on Defend, 4 Zarya's and 2 Lucio's pretty much is godmode for Attack

Just bubbles everywhere, Lucios just pumping speed + health
Good luck stopping that

Multiple Zaryas is awesome. I still have like 100% win rate with double Zarya, double Winston, Lucio and Bastion in KOTH maps. It's pretty boring team to play but it wins games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom