• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a thread already about Taimou and Surefour aimbotting (surefour getting caught in other games too), the proof is pretty conclusive and both are still on the top 2 teams in the game.

What other games was surefour supposedly caught in?

edit:
Actually, I guess what I am getting at is that people have said this before, but never provided actual proof that he was caught hacking in other games. Just hearsay.

edit2:
I also thought he already cleared his name after playing in that lan tournament a few weeks after those accusations?

Kito

The 'pointer speed' option should always be at 6 in windows (the middle of the bar). That's because for some weird reason when you change it off that, it changes the sensitivity on the x and y axis to different levels.

Any second opinions on this? I like the higher speed.

Nottle

Hanzos who refuse to switch when needed on KotH.

Mmmmmmm.
One of the first times I ever felt good when playing as Hanzo was on the himalaya snowy mountain koth map where the hill is that building with a bell or maybe it's just a column in the middle. Forget the name, but it's quite easy to spot people coming through the choke point.

Now granted I was working with a smart tank and good team, but I was definitely contributing to our defense.

zoukka

I thoguht the achievement for killing 20 people without dying would be easier with Torbjörn, turns out I actually got it with D.va :D

OSH4zSg.jpg

Why did you vote that match as 3/3 lol.

Zemm

edit:
Actually, I guess what I am getting at is that people have said this before, but never provided actual proof that he was caught hacking in other games. Just hearsay.

edit2:
I also thought he already cleared his name after playing in that lan tournament a few weeks after those accusations?

Titanfall. There was a video in one of the links in the other thread.

Going to a LAN doesn't really clear your name, just that you probably aren't cheating at that point. If he and Taimou were smart they'd have stopped after being exposed anyway.

Titanfall. There was a video in one of the links in the other thread.

Going to a LAN doesn't really clear your name, just that you probably aren't cheating at that point. If he and Taimou were smart they'd have stopped after being exposed anyway.

Yes I know he was accused in titanfall, but no one provided proof either.

You know the reddit campaign was mostly a witch hunt right? Based on spectator and POTG footage known to be buggy, right?

And then we see him dominate in a LAN but that doesn't matter? Come on now... it's about time people put up definitive proof of cheats or let it drop, by this point.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

1 Bastion against 4 Zary's and 2 Lucio's?...

My pub teams was so confused, I started as Torb, switched to Bastion, we still had a Hanzo/Widow who never changed as usual
Soldier 76 who tried at least
A Tracer god knows why was camping their base hoping to pick them and off one by one
A Zenyatta that just died as quickly as he spawned

I switched to Mei and try flanking, but my team just kept running into the payload one by one
2 just camped from afar (you know which 2)
1 playing the trap game even though all 6 enemies were by our base almost finishing the payload
Seriously you would think a player on your team is saying "Group up over here" or "My Ultimate is Ready"

I just used it, got 3 kills, died to a Zarya
Then as I spawn with like 3.3m to go Mr. Extraordinaire Hanzo Da Great unleashes his dragon through the spawn area, netting 0 kills...
Then just stays in there like I've done what I can, why rush...

We held them for a few secs, but 3 Zaryas pulled their Ultimate one after the other and just nothing to do

So it really was 6 vs 3.5

I still have no clue why players don't use the call out feature
You'll use it to do your emote and hello, but for the next 10 minutes never again
I'll use it to point out my Ultimate is ready, group up

I unleashed Winston's primal rage, knocking back 4 enemies, destroying 2 turrets on B in Hanamura, rest of team on the left side area that you can jump across

Junkrat lobbing grenades with an ATK+ from Mercy, Lucio just going back and forth
They stayed there for roughly my whole Ultimate, I die no Rez or healing
I come back to area, Junky dies to Bastion due to LOS, Mercy runs exactly into LOS uses Ult, dies, Junky spawns and dies again to Bastion which is such buffoonery

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Multiple bastion hopefully.

One of the first times I ever felt good when playing as Hanzo was on the himalaya snowy mountain koth map where the hill is that building with a bell or maybe it's just a column in the middle. Forget the name, but it's quite easy to spot people coming through the choke point.

Now granted I was working with a smart tank and good team, but I was definitely contributing to our defense.

Fair enough, it's just that I feel like if there's a reinhardt hanzo's effectiveness there gets reduced by a lot.

Also goddamn what's with teams recently running with a stack of tanks? I feel like I've run in and ran against multiple teams with like 3 tanks.

Which isn't great for them when I switch to reaper and bastion.

Crescende

Banned
-75% experience for a great deal of matches. My friend said he had to play through more than ten until it stopped, but he lost count. I've heard the figure is 20 but I am not sure.

Absolutly worth it tho. Id rather play tons of fun and entertaining matches with 75% less exp then going through a full 5+ torb`n turret match ever again.

Zemm

Yes I know he was accused in titanfall, but no one provided proof either.

You know the reddit campaign was mostly a witch hunt right? Based on spectator and POTG footage known to be buggy, right?

And then we see him dominate in a LAN but that doesn't matter? Come on now... it's about time people put up definitive proof of cheats or let it drop, by this point.

No, the LAN doesn't matter because no one said he cheated at the LAN. All it means is he didn't cheat 100% of the time. Plenty of quake, CS etc pro's have cheated online but aren't stupid enough to do so at a LAN either.

There was video proof of the Titanfall stuff in the other thread but I'm not going through all of that thread and links again to find it.

I'll say Surefour was less dodgy than Taimou who I'm 100% sure was botting.

GraveRobberX

Also goddamn what's with teams recently running with a stack of tanks? I feel like I've run in and ran against multiple teams with like 3 tanks

When no one wants to play support
Go with as much health as possible
I've seen a 2 Rein + Zarya or Roadhog combo
Now a days 2-3 Tanks is common occurrences

Only way I'll play support is with communicative players

Too much hassle to heal the same assholes who can't even realize an enemy is flanking and trying to kill your support, nah bruh you on your own, I got mad DEEPS to hand out
I have to chase that Zenyatta down who is entrenched in their defensive spot, covered by Torb's and Sym's turrets, I need to unleash the fury...
5 seconds later...
Certain Deeps to hand out died brutally

edit:

edit2:

Iirc, Taimou was banned from Dirty Bomb for cheating.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Figured since i got promoted (1 star) it takes longer to find a match. Looks like i'm in a different pool now.

Lots of people have a star now.

Antiwhippy

When no one wants to play support
Go with as much health as possible
I've seen a 2 Rein + Zarya or Roadhog combo
Now a days 2-3 Tanks is common occurrences

Only way I'll play support is with communicative players

Too much hassle to heal the same assholes who can't even realize an enemy is flanking and trying to kill your support, nah bruh you on your own, I got mad DEEPS to hand out
I have to chase that Zenyatta down who is entrenched in their defensive spot, covered by Torb's and Sym's turrets, I need to unleash the fury...
5 seconds later...
Certain Deeps to hand out died brutally

Nah these are teams with support.

Like people keep saying they can't find any tanks but I'm drowning in tanks where I play. And I'm part of the problem too.

R0ckman

Hackers already popping up in the pro scene? I am shocked and amazed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/...layer_hackusation_cleared_by_blizzard/d4h70q5

(read the comment itself, the thread title is referring to something else)

For some reason every time I play with a specific group I'm garunteed to run into a hacker in the enemy group, last 3 days had an aimbot Tracer, aimbot Reaper and a trigger bot Reaper.

What I notice is that if we are doing too good, out of nowhere mid match they get a one man army player who starts kicking everyones asses.

Edit: The same player would always be playing the specific character, its just now they turn into rambo.

Crescende

Banned
For some reason every time I play with a specific group I'm garunteed to run into a hacker in the enemy group, last 3 days had an aimbot Tracer, aimbot Reaper and a trigger bot Reaper.

What I notice is that if we are doing too good, out of nowhere mid match they get a one man army player who starts kicking everyones asses.

Edit: The same player would always be playing the specific character, its just now they turn into rambo.

forced 50 buff

Antiwhippy

So after today...

Dat forced 50.

All kidding aside though, really had a lot fun today actually. Was one of those rare times where you feel actually co-ordinated as a pub team, where both teams are playing on high or similar skill levels so it's just fun, tight contests, so even the losses are fun. A few clunkers here and there but the good weighs out the bad. Had a good run yesterday but it was just from weird feeling stomps.

Even managed to pull off a couple of wombo combos with me as pharah and another zarya.

.eJwNyEsOwiAQANC7sJcBym96CZcuG0IJ1LQOgXFlvLu-5fuI9zjFKhpznyvAfsxMY5eTaaRaZCWqZ0n9mDLTBYk55XaVF0_QQXkTnV5CRFQmWgSN_7HG26BwccF5hPtjyy0N3vzNOPnsVXx_2J4kJg.W_VTKxb7619vec9C6L6x4N4rHD8.jpg

It's hard to see but the week after the 14th patch I had my career lows in performance due to them screwing up something which caused my framerate to dip up to 20+ fps during many maps. Also, it kinda sucks that it doesn't count performance on the PTR.

Also, not gonna lie most of the dips in win rate are not due to forced 50/50, it's because I grouped with gaffers lol. I don't really mind losing though so I still do it.

Iirc, Taimou was banned from Dirty Bomb for cheating.

I've heard people claim he was banned, but proof? No, just hearsay. People repeating what other people said.

GraveRobberX

Its infuriating to me players who don't realize they've been countered too

Begrudgingly, you switch to help them by countering their counter, which most of the time they'll never know why all of a sudden they're staying alive longer

This maybe a placebo effect, but when I get matched up with players who auto pick Hanzo or Widow instantly on my team, why do I always get the shitty ones
Enemy Hanzo and or Widow go OP while ours can't even net a double kill

Also Fuck those Hanzo who get scared like bitches and just press trigger over and over during close combat, their hitboxes are huge enough during close combat they just have to fart in your direction to kill you
They should be penalized, if I got to you as a Goddam Torb and shooting you with my alt, your spam should hinder your accuracy and not boost it
So annoying I'm 1 block from killing him, yet 1 spam arrow lands on me, is certain death

They need to adjust his hitbox, it should be big at long range, but as enemies get close his range should shrink, giving him that much ample space to trigger that arrow is bullshit at close range

Even on PC still pretty good because she can hit from out of range and still 1hk the torb himself which is often a better kill than the turret because he can't just throw down another or molten core + build a turret (he builds twice as fast in MC).
Yeah, it's definitely priority to kill Torb himself and get his turrets afterwards. Although then you sometimes end up with him hitting Q as he runs back from spawn.

Apathy

Until matchmaking decides that you are having too much fun.

That aside, I just read the two most horrifying career profiles. One of them only plays offense characters, and the other has 8 hours with Hanzo (second most played is like 2 hours).

You'd hate my profile them. I'm almost at 94 hours of junkrat. Lucio is second with just about 7 I believe

Not ashamed of nearly 50% playtime between tracer + soldier 76. But I also play a lot of zarya, pharah, junkrat, and roadhog (plus mercy more lately, although it is pretty boring after 1-2 matches).

.eJwNyW0KwyAMANC7eACj_TL2MiNYsRZdRDPGGLv7-ve9r3r1onZ1irSxAxx5BO6HHsKdUtSJOZVILQ8duAKJUDhrfMoA68w24Wpnh96bCRcP1t_icF3QejTzXcDvRyv0kVyjvlpSvz-bSiSN.kmz8_hgzNAFx4XlcxOf9Oir6d8A.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was the Weekly Brawl supposed to highlight how completely fucked the Defensive part of Hanamura is?

because boy if you were unsure of how fucked it was for offense before

Antiwhippy

Was the Weekly Brawl supposed to highlight how completely fucked the Defensive part of Hanamura is?

because boy if you were unsure of how fucked it was for offense before

I honestly find that zarya is kinda critical in breaking 2cp matches apart. One good graviton surge and it's a win.

Or just rush like hell to cap point b because because pubs can't deal with it.

Antiwhippy

I don't think anything has given me more pleasure than placing an ice wall at the chokepoint, during the dying seconds in front of the whole enemy group who got wiped from a blizzard, and watch them desperately try to break it, and then their rein charged in just a millisecond too late to activate overtime.

Ice wall <3.

Crescende

Banned
I don't think anything has given me more pleasure than placing an ice wall at the chokepoint, during the dying seconds in front of the whole enemy group who got wiped from a blizzard, and watch them desperately try to break it, and then their rein charged in just a millisecond too late to activate overtime.

Ice wall <3.

I kinda love you :D
Trying to get my Mei winrate up to the 70s this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom