• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally saved up enough to buy a Legendary skin. Ended up going with Mercy's Valkyrie. Almost went Imp because I see so few people using it, but ultimately I decided it would make me stand out against most backgrounds too much.

X-Frame

What would you all consider to be the Top 3 picks when going solo to carry?

Two I could think of would be:

1. Zarya (preferably Attack)
2. Lucio (preferably KOTH)
3. (No idea) Maybe Pharah?

Man, sometimes I feel overtime is inherently bullshit. Just had a game where the offence team in Route 66 got by exclusively by overtime. They would always respawn fast enough to reset the timer and they did it for every single checkpoint.

abundant

I don't think anything has given me more pleasure than placing an ice wall at the chokepoint, during the dying seconds in front of the whole enemy group who got wiped from a blizzard, and watch them desperately try to break it, and then their rein charged in just a millisecond too late to activate overtime.

Ice wall <3.

One of my favorite moments was similar to that. We were Attacking, with the Payload almost to its goal. The Defending Team is wiped out and, as Winston, I go into Primal Rage and stand in front of the spawn point, knocking everyone back until we won the match.

I'm not the biggest fan of Primal Rage, but when you can do it at the right moment, it feels so good.

Crescende

Banned
Man my WR is only about 56% for mei, but then again it was pretty dogshit for awhile at below 40% until I realise that I should just headshot everybody from midrange.

You can get it to above 60 quite fast if you only play her on defence and payload maps.
That applys to almost every hero tbh lol.

Azoor

D.Va is great for attacking and disrupting enemies. You can use her as an attacker as well as a tank. Though she works better with another tank.

And almost every team will have a use of a Mercy too.

I like Pharah, but she isn't as volatile as the previous two IMO.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Ckwq6TcUYAAaaz2.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pharah is definitely a carry hero if you can play her well enough. Especially considering how good you are at killing the other teams healers.

matmanx1

This game is getting pretty boring at higher levels, Mercy + Reinhardts in every game is just ZzZzz

I mostly agree with this. Min/maxing has been a thing forever and is certainly not going away BUT it would be nice if we had a few more heroes who were equally viable across several roles. It would be tougher to balance but would mean a much more interesting variety used in games. This is the future I want for Overwatch.

Can confirm: playing by yourself is a terrible experience.

Not for me, i'm still having a lot of fun, even when losing. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

This depends a lot on attitude and competitiveness. I am very competitive by nature and tend to get mad when I lose. And then I realize that it's just a computer game and nothing of value has been lost and I calm down a little bit.

I also try to learn from my mistakes on every loss and I usually can come up with some things that I could have done better that might have helped our team out. At least that's the way that I look at it. And so far, the good moments in Overwatch have vastly outshone the pain from losing and the pain from being matchmade with terrible teams.

Zarya I feel is actually quite good solo queue if you need to tank. I don't play reinhardt though so dunno if she is better than him.

But I mostly soldier 76 as solo because he kinda holds his own to some extent. I also tracer cause she is less reliant on tank/supports being good.

I do think Pharah is quite good in solo queue as well. But I'll typically only play her to improve as her, not because I think she performs well if baddies are on your team. I switch off pretty quick if things aren't going great.

Rixxan

Rank 50 in PTR, that seems about right. Hopefully I don't drop lower than that once it gets pushed to the regular servers :p

I mean wasn't seagull only 60 right out of his placement matches? I think he's climbed to 75 or so since then but still, assuming you are out of placement I doubt it's reasonable to expect much more than 60

R0ckman

forced 50 buff

To make matters worse we had a day where we had an troll Symmetra on our team. Put it so we'd walk rught out into a cliff. Thank god I was Tracer to warn my group. Lost anyway since we were basicall down a player the whole match.

Won vs one of the aimbot teams though.

Zaventem

This game is getting pretty boring at higher levels, Mercy + Reinhardts in every game is just ZzZzz

Well no shit they're the sterotypical heroes of each play type. Until we have something that counters both hard or heals and resurrects better than mercy, gives better defensive options better than rein it's never going to change.

Playing solo is for the birds. If my team failed but everybody gave a honest effort, then ok. But there are so many trash solo players out there, like this must be the first team based FPS they ever played cuz they are stupid/I]. Niggas who pick one character and never switch even though its clearly not working. Widow/Hanzos in KOTH. Mercies who heal one person/refuse your calls for health/never use damage boost. Totally ineffective Genjis. Dudes who just make dumb decisions like rushing 2 vs 6, just feeding them free kills.

I mean wasn't seagull only 60 right out of his placement matches? I think he's climbed to 75 or so since then but still, assuming you are out of placement I doubt it's reasonable to expect much more than 60
If it's basically an Elo system with some quirks, getting up into the 80s or above is going to be pretty much impossible.

Zarya is my go-to "pick up my stupid ass team and STOP THAT PAYLOAD" pick. Especially great for last-point situations on King's Row, where you can easily dart out of the line of fire when your shield drops, and the enemy is nicely clustered up and begging for some full-Energy alt fire.

Watching that, Seagull seems like he's in another level compared to his team. Gods is the only one close to him and he's a very good Widow but I'm not impressed with his other heroes.

Esper fucking sucks. When the other team has a Mercy the calibur of Adam/Chips/Unkone/Morte it painfully drives that point home.

Esper fucking sucks. When the other team has a Mercy the calibur of Adam/Chips/Unkone/Morte it painfully drives that point home.

I see a lot of hate for Esper, is he really just openly dying or is his team just not watching flanks? I see Seagull stream all the time and he always just attacks and takes the heal for granted.

Zemm

Nothing like blocking an ultimate with a well timed Zarya bubble.

The amount of people I've saved with Zarya shields and they don't even know it.

Esper keeps dying but I don't see how you can only blame him/her for that, Mercy needs protection and they aren't doing it well enough.

I see a lot of hate for Esper, is she really just openly dying or is his team just not watching flanks? I see Seagull stream all the time and he always just attacks and takes the heal for granted.

It's a mixture of bad/rash decisions when rez'ing and his inability to stay out of sight and flee as well as other Top Mercys.

But then again that could fall back on the fact of how Top heavy LG is. They have 1 truly outstanding player (Seagull) and everyone else is remotely run of the mill outside of the few games where Enigma and Gods decide to show up.

R0ckman

Watching that, Seagull seems like he's in another level compared to his team. Gods is the only one close to him and he's a very good Widow but I'm not impressed with his other heroes.

Isnt Gods the one who nullified Seagull's Genji with McCree?

Gryph

Seagull started at 69.

Almost all of the people I've seen / seen in streams are around 50. Seems like the ballpark for people who have put in some hours to learn the game.

besada

Banned
Twice now I've fought a team that went all D.Va. Which is devastating for the first couple of waves, until people start switching to Soldier and Pharah and Junkrat, and then it's just a bloodbath. Such big juicy targets.

I will say that four or five self-destructs in a row can be hard to deal with if you aren't right next to cover:)

Twice now I've fought a team that went all D.Va. Which is devastating for the first couple of waves, until people start switching to Soldier and Pharah and Junkrat, and then it's just a bloodbath. Such big juicy targets.

100 Direct Hit Pharah Rockets, coming up

I was never really into Pharah, just because I find leading targets with rockets vaguely unsatisfying compared to many other weapons in the game, but the way the meta has shifted has made me try her a lot more, and I'm loving it. So much potential to harass from all angles.

Put Shift skills on mouse4 and my hook accuracy with Hog went sky high. Nobody is safe.

Good idea, I've done config controls with a couple others but never considered doing that with roadhog. Only problem is that I don't like overloading the mouse with too much, but I think it's worth a shot.

Although on second though, I don't think hitting shift really affects my aim with him. It's usually skill shots on q+e that do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom