• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea, I've done config controls with a couple others but never considered doing that with roadhog. Only problem is that I don't like overloading the mouse with too much, but I think it's worth a shot.

Although on second though, I don't think hitting shift really affects my aim with him. It's usually skill shots on q+e that do.

I actually have all my skills map to my mouse, but then again I use Logitech's MMO mouse and spent the last 2 years playing various MMOs.

Twice now I've fought a team that went all D.Va. Which is devastating for the first couple of waves, until people start switching to Soldier and Pharah and Junkrat, and then it's just a bloodbath. Such big juicy targets.

I will say that four or five self-destructs in a row can be hard to deal with if you aren't right next to cover:)

I was on an all D.Va team once. We crushed 'em.

zoukka

Good idea, I've done config controls with a couple others but never considered doing that with roadhog. Only problem is that I don't like overloading the mouse with too much, but I think it's worth a shot.

Although on second though, I don't think hitting shift really affects my aim with him. It's usually skill shots on q+e that do.

I don't see any other hero having such crucial skillshot in SHIFT which is a really awkward key to hit with your pinky.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've decided to take a break until competitive is added, the game is getting more and more frustrating by the day. I've been playing some Paladins which I really like it, and I'm catching up on some of last years hits via the Steam sale.

Nimby

Banned
Had a fucking amazing game as Soldier last night. Got nearly 30 elims on KOTH without the enemy taking the point once. I was 17-2 when we took the first point.

I've started to use Pharah now too. I wrote her off initially but she's pretty fun to use.

I don't see any other hero having such crucial skillshot in SHIFT which is a really awkward key to hit with your pinky.

There probably isn't, but because I don't lose any finger placement on movement keys it won't affect my aim. I'm also used to using shift/ctrl midfight in other fps. Usually ctrl for crouch mid-gun fights.

R0ckman

Soilder really feels like this "get shit done" character. I really like the feeling of rushing in, mowing down the bastion or mercy. When I wanna have fun I go McCree, when I wanna just straight up focus on objective and strat, Soilder.

mbpm1

Started playing Reaper for the first time since getting the game

I have a mood for edgelordiness now I suppose

Either way teleporting past the enemy's backline and DieDieDie ing them is pretty fun

Last night/early morning I had the worst of luck. Lost about 80% of my games and played well over 6 hours. Usually I win 50% of my games but felt like there was a curse put onto me on that sitting. Hopefully tonight won't be as bad.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Started playing Reaper for the first time since getting the game

I have a mood for edgelordiness now I suppose

Either way teleporting past the enemy's backline and DieDieDie ing them is pretty fun

I started playing him because there are so many tanks now.

SO. MANY. TANKS.

Spacebar

The Overwatch Gods have blessed me. I decided to drop 20$ on loot boxes hoping to get enough coin to buy a legendary skin for Mercy. Ended up getting the skin I wanted on the 5th box.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Seriously I'm getting matched up with players who don't know how to play KOTH, how can you be level 100+ and still not know during overtime you run to point, not take a sightseeing tour...

Dragner

Some people love their phones

CcaZGOU.png

What is Junkrat's hard counter?

As a Junkrat main, Pharah and Widowmaker always pummel my ass if my team mates don't deal with them. I can "coin-toss" the concussion mine into the air to attempt to take out Pharah, but it's painfully slow. Also can try to arc grenade shots to a Widowmaker, but if they're far then I can't do much.

Soldier is only a problem at a distance, they usually don't win skirmishes with me. Soldier always has this "I've made a mistake" moment 1 second after skirmishing when they throw their biotic field down but the grenade's DPS blows through it.

Winston and Zarya are hit-and-miss, between spamming grenade shots and mid-throw concussion mine detonations, they can lose chunks of health fast if they don't time their shields right.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Just played on a hanamura attack side as lucio.
Enemy team had 4 torbs that would take turns ulting when we pushed
We had 2 hanzos
They wouldn't change heroes
We lost

:(

ElyrionX

Anyone feel like they did something to matchmaking? My games are a lot less stompy and streaky this weekend. I have not played all week though.

EDIT: Matchmaking feels like it is taking longer though.

mxgt

Banned
Ah fuck yes I just saw the post of Kaplan saying 21:9 support is coming by the end of July.

Never playing anything else confirmed

DrArchon

The matchmaking seems really fucked up for some reason. Like I'll go from matches with lvl 10 players on all the teams where we get stomped to matches with lvl 50-70 players on every team (where we get stomped).

I don't see why I would be getting thrown in matches where all of the other players are at least 20 levels lower than I am. I know lvls don't equal skill, but the do equal time practiced and general knowledge of the game, so for everyone on my team and on the enemy team to be at such a low level seems weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom