• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special C

It is different though. Even if the speed of the character is the same, you will never make quick turns like with a Keyboard / Mouse. That's why FPS console footage always feel "underwater" compared to the PC.

I have to say the K/D ratio of Torjb players is impressive, PC or console.

K/D is misleading in overwatch since it counts both kills and assists as eliminations. Torbs turret generally hits several different characters in a fight so he racks up a lot of assists without putting himself in danger.

R0ckman

Whats with payload mission that make people idiots? Get through first check point by everyone staying near the ***ing payload, after that everyone goes moron and scatters again. Towards the end getting next point the take a nose dive in awareness. I choose Tracer rush the payload, everyone is RIGHT BEHIND me watching me take on 4 enemies while attempting to potshot? This is 3-4 of my teammates? WTF?

Golly you guys. This game. Just got it today on PC (thanks GameStop and your 50% extra trade-in offer!). I played the beta on PS4, and tried it on Xbox ONE as well, but none of those do the game as right as playing it with a KB+M. I lost both of the matches I played so far, but it was still pretty fun which is something not experienced for me with other mp shooters. My fav play I had so far was getting launched into the air as Roadhog and chain-grabbing a Pharah mid-air, blowing her away. Super satisfying!

I do have a question though. I heard that you could change Lucio's keys so that you can switch to speed boost while holding shift and as soon as you let go, it switches back to health. How would I go about doing that? Also, are there any other sort of tricks like this? Thanks!

controls in setting. each hero have special stuff you can turn on/off

Ramirez

For the most part, yeah. It just ranks by total points so the more time logged on a character naturally raises you. I'm not sure about the points per minute though...it says I'm #57 or so as Genji but I don't feel like I'm that great with him.

Yea, I noticed on Master Overwatch, when I used Zarya for a full day I shot up to 100, doesn't seem many play with her at all on PS4 if 6-7 hours can rocket you up that high, lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Most people I know in EU barely play or stopped completely, including myself to be fair. Welp :/

benzopil

Torb nerf won't change anything, turret will shoot solo warriors 1 second longer and that's it. In competitive (where I hope people will communicate) new Torb will be the same as old Torb could be. They should decrease turret's range on all platforms in my opinion.

And mid to late July? Wtf? Will competitive on consoles be available just before the end of season? I hope he's talking about second patch and I hope they've already sent the first one for certification.

Demoskinos

Torb nerf won't change anything, turret will shoot solo warriors 1 second longer and that's it. In competitive (where I hope people will communicate) new Torb will be the same as old Torb could be. They should decrease turret's range on all platforms in my opinion.

And mid to late July? Wtf? Will competitive on consoles be available just before the end of season? I hope he's talking about second patch and I hope they've already sent the first one for certification.

They have mentioned on console changes and updates will all be rolled into bigger patches. I don't expect a patch until this patch with the Torb changes.

benzopil

They have mentioned on console changes and updates will all be rolled into bigger patches. I don't expect a patch until this patch with the Torb changes.
How big should these patches be? Will they wait for a full year? Or two?

Even with long certification process games on consoles can be updated quite frequently. For example when something bad happens in Destiny (like shadowshot abuse of critical bug) a new patch is available 5-7 days after the bug is discovered. And on FOUR platforms, not just two.

shoreu

Jeff Kaplan just posted on reddit saying that they are reducing the damage of Torbjörn's turret by 30% on Xbox One and PS4 in an upcoming patch. PC will remain unchanged.
ETA on that patch release is mid to late July depending on 1st party certification times.

Link to his post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/...n_is_utterly_ruining_this_game_on_ps4/d4nz83p

Lovely, I've learned to beat the guy but i can't stand how reliant people are with him to many people wanna play easy mode.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Most people I know in EU barely play or stopped completely, including myself to be fair. Welp :/

Yep, I'm currently on a break, the new game smell wore off and I found myself getting more and more frustrated with it every day. And after playing the PTR patch I doubt competitive mode will do much to change that. My biggest frustrations are ultimates which I feel charge way too fast in general and have far too big of an impact on the game, I much prefer how Paladins handles them where they're fun to use abilities but they don't determine who wins or loses. I'm also sick to death of whatever makes the hit reg so shitty, being hooked through walls has gotten very old. Plus the stomp or be stomped nature of matchmaking doesn't exactly make it fun to play. On the plus side getting bored of Overwatch has allowed me to enjoy other games, Wolfenstein was the tits.

Switched my mouse from 2700 dpi to 800 and immediately my accuracy went up like 20%...I had no idea.

I got a mid-air kill against a pharah with Soldier's right click and was like "ohhhhh"

DrArchon

Trying out Zenyatta more and more now that I don't have to worry about random bodyshots killing me. He's a fucking blast to play. It's weird to play a support character that shreds tanks better than Reaper. It's also nice to be able to randomly kill people trying to harass me, which I was never good enough to do with Mercy.

His ult feels really lackluster though compared to Lucio's and Mercy's. It's just a heavy heal over time. Lucio's at least works against heavy burst damage like a big D.Va ult, and everyone knows that Mercy has the best ult in the game. Zenyatta's just feels so underwhelming.

BIGWORM

Trying out Zenyatta more and more now that I don't have to worry about random bodyshots killing me. He's a fucking blast to play. It's weird to play a support character that shreds tanks better than Reaper. It's also nice to be able to randomly kill people trying to harass me, which I was never good enough to do with Mercy.

His ult feels really lackluster though compared to Lucio's and Mercy's. It's just a heavy heal over time. Lucio's at least works against heavy burst damage like a big D.Va ult, and everyone knows that Mercy has the best ult in the game. Zenyatta's just feels so underwhelming.

Well, both of their ults have hits and misses. With Zen's, you can help keep everyone alive in your surrounding area, which is effective if you're defending against a last second push, or attacking. Zen is invincible during the ult, as well. On the other hand, Mercy rezzes the dead folk, but she has to, as well, be near the fallen comrades, plus she's expected to getting ripped to shreads during the ult, though her ult's affect is instant.

JTripper

30% damage nerf seems like a bit much but I get it; Toblerone is supposed to be defense, not attack, which players use his turret for most of the time. Their purpose is to detect and repel enemies, not completely mow down anyone in sight.

I will miss not seeing the "Tob doing nothing" plays of the game as often though.

Laziest possible balancing to Torb but better than nothing I suppose.

Bigger news is the date, late July? We'll see if the playerbase on console even lasts that long.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
If Zarya slaps a barrier on Reinhardt, does she get charge even when his shield is getting hit? I think I saw this being discussed a while back, but don't remember.

KyleP29

Whats with payload mission that make people idiots? Get through first check point by everyone staying near the ***ing payload, after that everyone goes moron and scatters again. Towards the end getting next point the take a nose dive in awareness. I choose Tracer rush the payload, everyone is RIGHT BEHIND me watching me take on 4 enemies while attempting to potshot? This is 3-4 of my teammates? WTF?

yes got to love that. I enjoy playing lucio to defend the payload as i can contest, jump around, and push enemies off it. Had a game today where i was on a roll... payload hit a check point and i contested it against 3 or 4 enemies for about 3 min straight with the remaining 5 members of my team nowhere in sight of the payload. Team finally killed me and by the time i rezzed back in they had nearly moved the payload to the next check point.

Finished the game with 6:37 objective time defending the payload and just had to wonder what everyone else was doing. Got 9 votes for my objective time atleast.

Two PotGs as Symmetra tonight, including one where the Mercy rezzed two people I killed, so I killed Mercy and then killed the team's Tracer for a second time. That last match my team lost, partially because the team's Pharah targeted me, and me only, for her Barrage. Twice. I suppose I should take that as a compliment.

After playing solo for a while, I finally decided to bite the bullet and track down a headset in preparation for trying to get into some GAF groups. Forgive any stupid questions, considering I've pretty much never played MP on PC before, but how does Discord actually work? Does the team usually chat through that, or through the in-game chat? I've set up an account but I'll have to figure out how to use it, I suppose. Oh, and feel free to add me, anyone who wants to. yeehamuffins#1485 for anyone who wants to party with the #1,318 Symmetra player (and climbing) and who can competently play other characters as well.

Ramirez

When was this said? I honestly think I'll just stop playing the game for a while if that patch for Mcree and Torb don't drop soon.

"In an upcoming patch, we will reduce the damage done by Torbjörn's turret by 30% on Xbox One and PS4. PC will remain unchanged.
ETA - Mid to late July depending on 1st party certification times."

Doesn't mention McCree,Widow, or Competitive. Honestly their communication towards console players seems to be a bit shit. I realize PC is their biggest audience and will always get patches first, but millions of console players paid their $60 too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I think its safe for me to say after about 100 hours and almost 800 matches that, again for me, hero stacking was a mistake, and if they didnt change it for ranked, they probably wont change it at all. Oh well.

Ramirez

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I think its safe for me to say after about 100 hours and almost 800 matches that, again for me, hero stacking was a mistake, and if they didnt change it for ranked, they probably wont change it at all. Oh well.

Seems if e-sports leagues enforce 1 hero only, Blizzard would follow suit since they seem to want the game to be big in that aspect. It's complete shit, and I've said it since the console beta.

Lucini

Banned
I played a game on Xbox One today where on Attack, we faced 6 Winstons. Then when it flipped to defense, 6 Torbs...

Never had a better game as Roadhog then Pharah in my life. We lost miserably, but I was wrecking their shit for a while.

Two PotGs as Symmetra tonight, including one where the Mercy rezzed two people I killed, so I killed Mercy and then killed the team's Tracer for a second time. That last match my team lost, partially because the team's Pharah targeted me, and me only, for her Barrage. Twice. I suppose I should take that as a compliment.

After playing solo for a while, I finally decided to bite the bullet and track down a headset in preparation for trying to get into some GAF groups. Forgive any stupid questions, considering I've pretty much never played MP on PC before, but how does Discord actually work? Does the team usually chat through that, or through the in-game chat? I've set up an account but I'll have to figure out how to use it, I suppose. Oh, and feel free to add me, anyone who wants to. yeehamuffins#1485 for anyone who wants to party with the #1,318 Symmetra player (and climbing) and who can competently play other characters as well.

Yo, I just tried to add you if you're interested in playing :)

Apathy

hey, people taking damage, my team needs help, as a mercy, I should use my pistol to shoot at people instead of healing up.

What is wrong with people. If they want to do that then why not just pick lucio

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
hey, people taking damage, my team needs help, as a mercy, I should use my pistol to shoot at people instead of healing up.

What is wrong with people. If they want to do that then why not just pick lucio

I'd assume pub mercies get tired of teams not looking out for them.

One time i was stomping a team in koth, and at the dying moments i hooked a mercy who was emoting into ryuga blah blah blah. Felt so bad i had to apologise.

Apathy

One time i was stomping a team in koth, and at the dying moments i hooked a mercy who was emoting into ryuga blah blah blah. Felt so bad i had to apologise.

Yeah this wasn't that. This was literally in the middle of us trying to stop a payload.

R0ckman

On the flip side, I get annoyed at Mercys that want me to babysit them the entire match.

"Do you want me to destroy the turrets and bastions ASAP so we complete the mission or baby sit you?"

Squire

Banned
Why are we assuming Torb's nerf isn't coming in a second console update?

They already said they're aiming for parity with PC/console, even though the balance is different. I really don't see console players waiting a month for competitive.

God bless Blizz, and fuck Torb though. Glad I can count on them to make the right calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom