• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pacquiao vs Márquez IV took place four years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

PR_rambo

Banned
From 2004-2012, fighters Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Márquez met each other in a quadrilogy of fights in what has since been remembered as one of boxing's greatest rivalries.

The results of their first three bouts were scored a draw, and two decision victories in favor of Pacquiao. Each fights' results were met with controversial opinions from both sides, and so a fourth meeting was scheduled for December 8th, 2012 in hopes of seeing a definitive conclusion to the series.

After four rounds in which Márquez and Pacquiao traded knockdowns, an abrubt end came at the end of the fifth round, courtesy of an overhand right from Marquez.

699349861_medium_medium.gif

Juan Manuel Márquez finally landed a win in the rivalry, and would go on to fight the likes of Timothy Bradley and Mike Alvarado.

Manny Pacquaio went on to fight Brandon Rios, before avenging a controversial loss to Timothy Bradley and finally landed a mega fight with Floyd Mayweather JR.

smurfx

get some go again
one of my favorite fights of all time. so great to finally see marquez pull off the big win.

CrocoDuck

Amazing fight. Saw it with my dad and both of us went crazy when Marquez knocked Pacman out!

For a while I truly thought Manny was dead.

this_guy

I was there live in Vegas. The place erupted (pro Marquez crowd - lots of Mexican nationals were there) when Pacquiao went down. Legit looked like he died when he got knocked out.

Radec

Amazing punch.

Pacman deserves that one that time.

JMM was the hardest opponent of Pacquiao even before he got KO'd.

Enforced

That was four years ago? Man time flies. I remember watching it on live. I was shaking when that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom