• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Madden 05 featuring no online play!

pilonv1

Hey EA...

fuck%20you.jpg

No word on why, but it's been finally confirmed from EA people. Probably due to "lack of interest" in PAL territories, but then Visual Concepts had the ESPN games online last year. I guess this means no NBA Live or NHL 2005 online either. The joys of PAL online gaming and lazy publishers!

So now I can pay AUS$90 for Madden 05 with no Xbox Live play, or ESPN with online play for $50 (if it's even released, nothing on the Take Two local release lists yet).

Once again EA...

fucku_jewelers.jpg

I guess you can say Madden is to PAL-land what Pro Evo (Winning Eleven) is to the US. Not hugely popular in the particular region but it has it's followers.

Shompola

Banned
Weird. SSX3 and bunch of other games had online play last year. Doesn't matter though.. EA's online offering is pretty crappy anyway with disconnections etc.

IgeL

pilonv1 said:
I guess this means no NBA Live or NHL 2005 online either. [/img]
No. I'd say both NBA and especially NHL sell a lot more than Madden in Europe, so this is probably a Madden-exclusive thing. Still sucks, though.

pilonv1

Just do as the ESPN series do - limit it to PAL v PAL. If Visual Concepts and Sega can do it, why can't the massive entity that EA is do it? It's pathetic, and I'm sure Microsoft aren't happy. I'm disgusted they've actually taken a very important game mode out because they're basically lazy. Now I know how the PAL PS2 owners feel with their useless Network Adapters.

DMczaf

pilonv1 said:
Just do as the ESPN series do - limit it to PAL v PAL. If Visual Concepts and Sega can do it, why can't the massive entity that EA is do it? It's pathetic, and I'm sure Microsoft aren't happy. I'm disgusted they've actually taken a very important game mode out because they're basically lazy. Now I know how the PAL PS2 owners feel with their useless Network Adapters.

Has ESPN NFL 2K5 been confirmed for online play in Europe?

Top Bottom