• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paper Mario 2 commercial

nice ad. bit too obscue at the start - does keep you watching to see how it plays out - I did like how they retained the WHO ARE YOU campaign - its smart. I do think they needed to showcase more gameplay than what they did show though.

I DO NOT LIKE THE NARRATOR

Justin Bailey

------ ------
TheGreenGiant said:
nice ad. bit too obscue at the start - does keep you watching to see how it plays out - I did like how they retained the WHO ARE YOU campaign - its smart. I do think they needed to showcase more gameplay than what they did show though.

I know right? He says "mare"-io - it's "mah"-rio, bitch.

Justin Bailey said:
I know right? He says "mare"-io - it's "mah"-rio, bitch.

not that. but his tone. I guess it the story teller tone he takes to convey that story telling theme but when he said "Rated E for everyone" something about it says. "Hahah for kids".. espcially when his voice goes high pitched when he says EVERYONE. Listen to it. :|

Anyhow.. I rate this ad 6/10 for effectiveness in communicating PM2TTYD as a game to purchase.

Deku Tree

TheGreenGiant said:

i think that THE NARRATOR IS THE BEST PART OF THAT COMMERCIAL.

Anyhow, I agree with you that this commercial (and many other video game commercials) need to show more gameplay.

But the start of it makes total sense (and is pretty cool) if you've played through the game.

olimario

Banned
AniHawk said:
Needs more More Human than Human.

You... You mean like 'TOO HUMAN'?
overhuman1.jpg

Brilliant commercial, by the way.
Simplistic with a good narrator.

are you Guys Talking about the commercial on tv in america? I just saw it and i was dissappointed. It could have been a lot better, and it doesn't showcase the game enough. The problem is that the commercial is to short and doesn't describe what the game is about. I thought Nintendo could have done better.

ToyMachine228 said:
It's an intelligent commercial...But I don't know if it will really grab casual gamers attention well.

Considering the general audience, I highly doubt it. I love the commerical myself.

Memles

sonic4ever said:
are you Guys Talking about the commercial on tv in america? I just saw it and i was dissappointed. It could have been a lot better, and it doesn't showcase the game enough. The problem is that the commercial is to short and doesn't describe what the game is about. I thought Nintendo could have done better.

First, you think.

And second, the commercial works because you are sucked in wondering what this plane is doing, and where the boat will go. You get sucked in by the atmosphere, so you're paying attention when they say the name of the game. It's an effective, if not informative commercial.

Top Bottom