• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paper Mario first GCN title in ebgames.com Top Ten in 3 weeks... Fable drops off...

Alcibiades

http://www.gamespot.com/news/index.html?tag=gs_head_news

1 Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Publisher: Nintendo | Platform: GCN | Genre: WILD-CRAZY FUN!
release:
Release Date: 10/11/2004

2 NBA Live 2005
Publisher: EA Sports | Platform: PS2 | Genre: Sports
release:
09/28/2004
3 ESPN NBA 2K5
Publisher: Sega | Platform: PS2 | Genre: Sports
release:
09/30/2004
4 Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Publisher: Activision | Platform: PS2 | Genre: Sports
release:
10/04/2004
5 Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Publisher: Microsoft | Platform: XBOX | Genre: Strategy
release:
10/12/2004
6 FIFA Soccer 2005
Publisher: EA Sports | Platform: PS2 | Genre: Sports
release:
10/12/2004
7 ESPN NBA 2K5
Publisher: Sega | Platform: XBOX | Genre: Sports
release:
09/28/2004
8 Mortal Kombat: Deception
Publisher: Midway | Platform: PS2 | Genre: Action
release:
10/04/2004
9 X-Men Legends
Publisher: Activision | Platform: PS2 | Genre: Role-Playing
release:
09/21/2004
10 Mortal Kombat: Deception
Publisher: Midway | Platform: XBOX | Genre: Action
release:
10/04/2004

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Paper Mario = pure fun

well, except for Chapter 3 which kind of got tedious... funny, but man I was glad to be done with that one.

belgurdo

Banned
From hot shit to off the chart in barely over a month. Maybe for Fable 1.5 BBB will spend 4 years making a game instead of typing speeches for Molyneux

Alcibiades

Deku Tree said:
I didn't expect that! But it's nice to see Nintendo put down the sports game even if only for a week.
oh, this is just the beginning...

Paper Mario is on it's way to 1 million in sales, and Donkey Konga is already facing shortages in many stores, expect these two titles to outperform mild expectations...

If Nintendo can find a way to ship >500,000 Donkey Konga's they'll all be gone before Christmas. Hopefully they'll ship even more than 1/2 million...

Unfortunately, for tracking and prediction purposes, the ebgames.com listing is useless.

It never matches up with actual NPD.

Same for amazon.com, gamefly, or home-essentials rental lists.

Oh, for the days of the Best Buy numbers.

Alcibiades

if Paper Mario and Donkey Konga are hits at stores like EB and Gamestop which basically push PS2 and XBox stuff mostly, it's something to take note of.

I imagine the games are doing even better at places like Toys 'R Us, Kay-Bee and Wal-Mart, where kids/family audiences are more likely to shop...

Alcibiades

AniHawk said:
I sent out Metatron's instructions to efra since it kept asking for a manager. Maybe it's only an east coast thing.
even since I came back to school in late August, I haven't been working...

that said, I know it's possible for me to have done it in summer '03, because I trained with access into the green screen and was before they switched to the new system, the problem was I didn't have SKU numbers handy and didn't know I had to go district by district...

it's very time-consuming...

I really need to learn to drive and get a car so I can ask for transfers back-and-forth between college/hometown Best Buy's... (college-town Best Buy wants me to work over holidays but I really want to spend some time at home cause I got things to do)...

suikodan

efralope said:
oh, this is just the beginning...

Paper Mario is on it's way to 1 million in sales, and Donkey Konga is already facing shortages in many stores, expect these two titles to outperform mild expectations...

I always find you entertainting :)

Top Bottom