• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paradox to develop Diplomacy and Squad Leader for PC

Prospero

link

Hailed as two of the best known strategy game brands in the world, Diplomacy® and Squad Leader® have attracted millions of players in their previous editions. Internal teams at Paradox, known for specializing in the creation of strategy games, will develop the new PC games. Past Paradox projects include the award-winning Europa Universalis®, Hearts of Iron™ and Crusader Kings™.

Interesting. Though as I understand it, Battlefront's Combat Mission games (the best games that none of you have ever played) are based on the rules for Advanced Squad Leader, so I don't quite get what went on there.

Anyway, I've liked all the Paradox games I've played once I got past their hellacious learning curves (EU2, and especially HoI), so perhaps the properties are in good hands.

Forsete

Great, Paradox rocks.

Europa Universalis II and Victoria An Empire Under the Sun are two of my favourite PC games.

Top Bottom