• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Rudd and Alexander Skarsgard cast in Duncan Jones' Mute

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/paul-rudd-alexander-skarsgard-mute-1201632879/

and Alexander Skarsgard have come on board the science-fiction thriller “Mute,” with Duncan Jones directing and production starting in March.

Skarsgard will portray a mute bartender in Berlin, 40 years in the future in what has become a roiling city of immigrants, where East crashes against West. His character will be looking for a woman who has disappeared — and when his search takes him deep into the city’s underbelly, an odd pair of American surgeons (led by Rudd’s character) seem to be the only recurring clue.

“Mute” is based on a script by Jones and Mike Johnson and will be produced by Stuart Fenegan under Jones and Fenegan’s Liberty Films banner.

ezekial45

Banned
Glad this is still going. I'd love to see him return to Sci-Fi in the vein of Moon again, and apparently this film is set in the same universe as well.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I was disappointed by Moon, and thought Source Code was really dumb, but I'm pleased that someone, somewhere is throwing some cash at an original sci-fi movie.

OH FUCK THIS IS BACK ON? I thought he turned it into a graphic novel or something. If he's still kept the logline from about 5 years ago, Mute should be very good.

Also, Paul Rudd needs to get more roles. He's America's sweetheart, damnit.

I read in this thread this takes place in the same universe as Moon.

Yup. Jones hypothetically wants to make a trilogy in the same universe as Moon, complete with connecting cameos.

I wonder if Duncan Jones could get his dad to play some weird figure in futuristic Berlin? Berlin and Bowie are linked with one another...

ehh i dunno about skarsgard but still this sounds like it could be awesome. loved moon so much (> interstellar, sunshine, martian and gravity) but source code was crap.

50/50 on zowie bowie's record right now. we'll see how warcraft turns out.

Still need to see Moon, but liking this supposed trilogy premise. Moon, Mute, ....Milk?

Mite

Seeing how Jones didn't actually write Source Code, and the writing was by far the worst element of the movie, I'm going to remain optimistic of this one. I hope Sam Rockwell returns in some fashion.

Yup. Jones hypothetically wants to make a trilogy in the same universe as Moon, complete with connecting cameos.

CdGo1xf.jpg

CdGo1xf.jpg

CdGo1xf.jpg

Enthus

Awesome that it starts filming soon. He wanted to do this before Warcraft launches, and if that is successful he'll be locked into the sequels for a while. The third act of the Moon trilogy may not come out for a while if that happens.

Akahige

Great that this is finally happening, I like Rudd and I don't have anything against Skarsgard though I haven't seen him in anything other than Tru Blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom