• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(PC) D00M 3 ingame pics!

Someone at IGN got the PC D00M 3! I can't wait for the Xbox version!!

shot00031.jpg

shot00028.jpg

shot00023.jpg

shot00018.jpg

shot00012.jpg

More pictures here!

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
"this is a XP2500+/FX5200 running at lowest detail"

But....but....you have to buy a $5000 rig from Alienware, and a $2000 LCD display to acheive that visual quality. Those are just 1600x1200 images scaled down!

No thanks, I'll play on my silly gamepad with my ubber cheap 60" widescreen plasma TV and bitchin 5.1 Bose speaker set.

teh_pwn

Are the people in those pics infected, but still sane or something?

jett

D-Member
Heh, as soon as I saw the pictures I figured they are from the low quality mode. Quite a step back from what I saw at OCP's article. :p

Zaptruder

Banned
teh_pwn said:
"this is a XP2500+/FX5200 running at lowest detail"

But....but....you have to buy a $5000 rig from Alienware, and a $2000 LCD display to acheive that visual quality. Those are just 1600x1200 images scaled down!

No thanks, I'll play on my silly gamepad with my ubber cheap 60" widescreen plasma TV and bitchin 5.1 Bose speaker set.

if you can afford that, throwing away good money on Bose speakers, then you can also afford a nice Home theater PC, and connect Doom 3 on the PC upto your plasma TV.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Does this game ship with any sort of multiplayer game? Just co-op? That doesn't seem like Doom (though it still seems very fun!)

jett

D-Member
Zaptruder said:
if you can afford that, throwing away good money on Bose speakers, then you can also afford a nice Home theater PC, and connect Doom 3 on the PC upto your plasma TV.

I think he was being sarcastic. :p

teh_pwn

Bingo. It only takes a $1000 to build a PC that would run Doom III decent.

I've seen people in other threads go "bitch blah blah blah bitch, I can't afford a new PC ever 5 years. I'ma gonna get Doom III for Xbox and play it on my couch with a pad, which is far superior to keyboard/mouse, and play it on my 60 " HD TV and 5.1 speaker set."

Lowest detail looks great to me. Maybe some people are more of a graphic whores than me. I guess I am easily impressed. I wish my computer could run this game. I will be getting this game on the x box. if the x box doom 3 looks this good I will be happy.

hobbitx

teh_pwn said:
Bingo. It only takes a $1000 to build a PC that would run Doom III decent.

I've seen people in other threads go "bitch blah blah blah bitch, I can't afford a new PC ever 5 years. I'ma gonna get Doom III for Xbox and play it on my couch with a pad, which is far superior to keyboard/mouse, and play it on my 60 " HD TV and 5.1 speaker set."

so true

shpankey

not an idiot
not everyone has a $1000 laying around to build another computer, i'd rather spend $50 on the xbox game and not worry about seeing "amazing graphics". the xbox graphics are good enough.

Nester

My local Best Buy in Minnetonka MN got some in an hour before close. I rushed over to get one!

Had to take my wife out to dinner though, so I'm just getting home now. Time to go install!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
SpeedRazor said:
My local Best Buy in Minnetonka MN got some in an hour before close. I rushed over to get one!

Had to take my wife out to dinner though, so I'm just getting home now. Time to go install!

:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

siege

Banned
SpeedRazor said:

You lucky bastard. Report back with impressions ASAP.

A mod needs to change this topic into the official doom 3 thread or something.

Thaedolus

WTF! I'm calling Best Buy first thing in the morning :|

Oh, and I'm going to Circuit City tomorrow to pick up speakers, maybe they'll have it?

Yusaku

SpeedRazor said:

Cool, I'll try and check West St. Paul and Woodbury tommorrow.

puck1337

Looks good on lowest detail, but I still think I'm going to wait until I can afford a new videocard. My 4200Ti just won't cut it.

i'll wait for the gamecube version like a war widow waits for her husband to return home from vietnam just like John Kerry did unlike Bush who only stood in a guard tower in Texas or something

PS: Quayle.

mpoutane

Littleberu said:
Aaha. It will run. Greatly. You just won't have your usual 1024X768 rez.

I'm cool with that. I'll get a hardware update next week, AMD XP 2600+, 1gig 333mhz DDR. Hope doom 3 runs good.

I'm just gonna play the ugly graphics until I can afford a gfx card upgrade. Which will hopefully be sometime in September.

Prices on the the new cards might be down by then.

Phoenix

The game is actually arriving at stores and may already be on shelves in your area. Call around - I have seen them in Atlanta, Best Buy - Stonecrest Mall.

Phoenix

I don't know what people are complaining about. Lowest detail looks as good as and a little bit better than most games currently on the market. If it goes up from there - its all good :)

Top Bottom