• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Question, since the timing is based on weather instead of moons, while I'm glad the same set routine isn't followed every 30-1 days, do we get like, say, a week's worth of warning, or is it more like the day of where you see "oh, it's raining today, gotta go dungeon crawling"?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Kadey said:
RPG OF THE YEAR!!!!!!! I hope someone is at least as funny as Junpei. He was the star of P3. :lol

nn5ndc.jpg

Stupei :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Metroidvania said:
Question, since the timing is based on weather instead of moons, while I'm glad the same set routine isn't followed every 30-1 days, do we get like, say, a week's worth of warning, or is it more like the day of where you see "oh, it's raining today, gotta go dungeon crawling"?

You get warning, there's a weather forecast.

And am I the only one that kept waiting for Junpei to say "dah dah dah, Puppy Power" instead of "dah dah dah, Junpei has leveled up!"?

Amir0x

Banned
I really gotta finish up my backlog before this game... I am falling behind quick, and every time i want to get ahead Left 4 Dead calls me away from something >_<

Amir0x said:
I really gotta finish up my backlog before this game... I am falling behind quick, and every time i want to get ahead Left 4 Dead calls me away from something >_<

co-op games = ultimate addiction

Guled

Could you get all the SL in one playthrough, if so will I need to resort to Gamefaqs to do it or is more forgiving then P3?

starblade

Was *super* compelled to play this game when it hits next week and......my Ps3 stops working tonight (right in the middle of my Valkyria Chronicles campaign). PS3 works but no games play on it, blue-ray or dvd based. Now I'm at the mercy of Sony sending me a brand new unit (without the backwards compatability most likely) or refurbishing my old.

Ugh!

Gives me plenty of time to gloss over the art book, strategy guide, and make some progress for my finals/papers I suppose.

Still can't believe this shit...

Shouta

Guled said:
Could you get all the SL in one playthrough, if so will I need to resort to Gamefaqs to do it or is more forgiving then P3?

On your first playthrough, no. On a subsequent run, can probably do it alone.

Those of you wanting to flip through the art book [before beating the game] should reconsider, as they're supposedly filled with some spoilers or whatever.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/11/17/atlus-spoils-art-books-are-attractive-contain-spoilers/

Kevtones said:
Game Crazy has received the artbooks and they are FUCKING AWESOME.

Holy shit guys. I couldn't take it home yet but I looked through it and its one of the best PO gifts ever. They outline all the characters (in their various emotional states) and the Persona art is fantastic. The quality is topnotch as well. Page count was pretty damn high too.

Everyone will be very pleased :D
=O!

I should go check mine out, then! Just curious: do you work there? Why couldn't you take it home with you? Did they say to wait until the game comes out or something?

Tamanon

Banned
Teknoman said:

Silly thing for people who don't like dubs. I've always found it pretty stupid. Basically makes it subbed instead with the original voices and such.

For those who prefer the original voicework and text for some reason, but don't prefer it enough to learn the language!

I know I'll be enjoying this game a week from now. I even bought a new copy of Persona 3 FES (as opposed to Persona 3) to celebrate my excitement for Persona 4.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Tamanon said:
Silly thing for people who don't like dubs. I've always found it pretty stupid. Basically makes it subbed instead with the original voices and such.

For those who prefer the original voicework and text for some reason, but don't prefer it enough to learn the language!
I like to call them Lazy Japanophiles :)

Volcynika

dragonlife29 said:
Those of you wanting to flip through the art book [before beating the game] should reconsider, as they're supposedly filled with some spoilers or whatever.

I posted that on the first page, not many must have noticed it :lol

Durante

grandjedi6 said:
I like to call them Lazy Japanophiles :)
I don't consider myself much of a Japanophile actually -- except for small parts of their entertainment I don't appreciate Japanese culture much. Am I a frenchophile because I watch french movies in french with subs? Am I a hollywoodphile because -- unlike most other people around these parts -- I watch hollywood movies in English instead of the German dub? Am I a polnophile because I played the Witcher with Polish audio and subs? I think not. (And the thing is, at least for popular movies, the dubs are usually much higher quality than for niche games)

Call me a purist if you have to pick a label.

Volcynika said:
I posted that on the first page, not many must have noticed it :lol
Oh, wow, you're right! :lol Right down to Siliconera and such.

Well, better to say it again more so people can miss it once more :p

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Durante said:
I don't consider myself much of a Japanophile actually -- except for small parts of their entertainment I don't appreciate Japanese culture much. Am I a frenchophile because I watch french movies in french with subs? Am I a hollywoodphile because -- unlike most other people around these parts -- I watch hollywood movies in English instead of the German dub? Am I a polnophile because I played the Witcher with Polish audio and subs? I think not. (And the thing is, at least for popular movies, the dubs are usually much higher quality than for niche games)

Puristophile :)

Holy crap, I thought this was coming out on the 12th! Pre-ordering tomorrow if I still can. I've been itching for a good rpg and Shadow Hearts: From the New World just hasn't wowed me like I thought it would. That's surprising even after knowing that one of the main characters obtains magical powers through her tramp stamp. :p

Back on-topic:

shin-megami-tensei-persona-4-20081107041029739_640w.jpg

:lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Shouta said:
The entire cast is pretty funny actually. A lot more amusing to watch than the P3 cast when it comes comedy to be honest.
Hype rising even more.

Can't wait to get my hands on this. <3 SMT and Persona. Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Canadian pre-order artbook is bilingual? I'm importing it it with VG+.

Kid Marin

Ninja Kn1ght said:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Canadian pre-order artbook is bilingual? I'm importing it it with VG+.
The Eternal Poison artbook i received from VG+ is not bilingual, so i guess it will be the same for P4.

Costanza said:
Doublejump is selling the strategy guide at a discount on their Ebay page. Comes out to around $16 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Persona-4-offic...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Thanks a lot! Amazon told me yesterday that my pre-order for the guide was delayed for some reason and they had no idea when it would be back in stock. They've been dropping the ball a lot lately, and this is even cheaper then I was getting it for there. The Persona 3 guide was incredible.

For people ordering from Amazon, what's your estimated shipping looking like? I've got free shipping right now, and it says it's shipping out on the 19th (gahhh) but I come home from school on the 12th, and I HAVE to play this the moment I get back.

I know that Amazon's shipping estimates are usually wayyyy later and all wonky, but I've never really bought that much from them during the holidays, so that could be a reason to screw over the free shipping route. Should I go ahead and up the shipping? haha

drtomoe123 said:
For people ordering from Amazon, what's your estimated shipping looking like? I've got free shipping right now, and it says it's shipping out on the 19th (gahhh) but I come home from school on the 12th, and I HAVE to play this the moment I get back.

I know that Amazon's shipping estimates are usually wayyyy later and all wonky, but I've never really bought that much from them during the holidays, so that could be a reason to screw over the free shipping route. Should I go ahead and up the shipping? haha

Well I've got Amazon Prime, but my order currently shows an estimated delivery date of December 12th. I don't think that's right though.

rainking187 said:
Well I've got Amazon Prime, but my order currently shows an estimated delivery date of December 12th. I don't think that's right though.

I guess I might just hold off and see what happens as we get closer to the release, then. I went ahead and used up my trial of Prime (just so I could get Valkyria sooner, haha) and it ended yesterday. I was way too spoiled by Prime, haha.

Soundtrack and artbook for those that preordered in a store. Will it be shipped with the game or early before the game comes in? Oh and will the soundtrack be in it's own case or inside the actual P4 Game Case?

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
KEN-KUN IS IN TROUBLE!!
THE ENEMY IS WEAK AGAINST SLASHING ATTACKS!
BE CAREFUL, THE ENEMY IS GOING TO ATTACK!!
!!! THE ENEMY!
NO!! KORO CHAN!!

Volcynika

DMPrince said:
Soundtrack and artbook for those that preordered in a store. Will it be shipped with the game or early before the game comes in? Oh and will the soundtrack be in it's own case or inside the actual P4 Game Case?

I think the sample soundtrack (of course it's not the entire thing) will be in the game case. And art book will be shipping either this week (heard some Game Crazy stores already got them in) or next week along with the game.

DMPrince said:

Someone in this thread said GameCrazy already has the artbooks. And I imagine the game and soundtrack will be in a double disc PS2 case, same as Eternal Poison.

Guled

Duck Amuck said:
It is.

*gasp* "THE ENEMY...!!!!"

"WOW YOU'RE GETTING STRONGER."

*gasp* "SOMEBODY SAVE MITSURU-SENPAI" (without ever caring about *ME*)

Fuck Fuuka.
Fuuka was awesome :D

Anyway, is the soundtrack in the expansion set the full sound track, or will it be the same songs with the game itself plus some other tracks?

Volcynika

Guled said:
Fuuka was awesome :D

Anyway, is the soundtrack in the expansion set the full sound track, or will it be the same songs with the game itself plus some other tracks?

I think if you get the game and the social link expansion pack, you'll have the full soundtrack, or very close to it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13833736&postcount=93

NichM says it's the second disc of the soundtrack, so it's different from the CD included with the game.

rainking187 said:
Someone in this thread said GameCrazy already has the artbooks. And I imagine the game and soundtrack will be in a double disc PS2 case, same as Eternal Poison.

oh okay. I'll ask about the artbook at gamestop today then. Oh man! Now I really have to finish up P3 and I just got KH and POP today :lol

Durante said:

Playing a pirated copy of a game hacked together by amateurs who replace the voice acting but leave in the translated English text (since you presumably can't actually read Japanese) does not make you a "purist."

JEKKI

drtomoe123 said:

yeay dont get free shipping, pay that shyt down.

especially since it's only $35 for the game, paying like $41 after shipping isnt so bad.

plus u dont wanna get assed out on those freebies! u never know...

JEKKI said:
yeay dont get free shipping, pay that shyt down.

especially since it's only $35 for the game, paying like $41 after shipping isnt so bad.

plus u dont wanna get assed out on those freebies! u never know...

...I no longer have free shipping. :D

I was able to change it to two-day shipping without it charging me. I was under the assumption that when I lost prime, it would go ahead and revert it to normal shipping, but I still get the two-day free! yeahhh!

Top Bottom