• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

dwin45

Would this be a good game to get if I have never played any other Persona games and haven't played any other RPGs for about the last 4 years?

Tamanon

Banned
dwin45 said:
Would this be a good game to get if I have never played any other Persona games and haven't played any other RPGs for about the last 4 years?

Depends on your tastes. But you definitely don't need to have played the previous games at all.

Forkball said:
The only thing that bugged me about Fuuka was that it looked like she cut her own hair.

It must look great...
in her no no place
:lol

EDIT: Just got back from Gamestop. no artbook or anything and from what I heard i am and maybe another person are the only one that asked for P4 :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Duck Amuck said:
Guess what showed up at gamestop today?

29vcglz.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAH

ps: DO NOT LOOK INSIDE. SPOILERS.

Is it hardcover?

Shanks

rainking187 said:
Well I've got Amazon Prime, but my order currently shows an estimated delivery date of December 12th. I don't think that's right though.

Don't think it's right? Why? Mine is listed as the 12th and I'm using prime..

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Odd question incoming, but when we get this next Tuesday, am I supposed to use a "first name" first, or a "last name" first?

If the name entering system is the same as P3, (whom IIRC, said something about surnames, and I was so eager to play, I just took it at face value as writing down the last name first....), which do I enter first.

Went the whole game going through with people calling me Smith-san, but I can't remember whether I put Smith first or second.

sarcoa

Metroidvania said:
Odd question incoming, but when we get this next Tuesday, am I supposed to use a "first name" first, or a "last name" first?

If the name entering system is the same as P3, (whom IIRC, didn't really tell me which to enter first), which do I enter first.

Went the whole game going through with people calling me Smith-san, but I can't remember whether I put Smith first or second.
It still makes you enter your last name first - but it's a little more clear about it this time.

Duck Amuck said:
I'm naming my guy Ryo Hazuki.

Like always.

Are there sailors in P4? Y/N will suffice.

Also: the game comes out on Tuesday? Isn't it Wednesday?

ships tuesday. in stores on wednesday.

most states around NY usually will always get the game on tuesday anyways. but gamestop here [Louisiana] says wednesday i can pick it up.

zurra

Duck Amuck said:
No shit! I was spoiled of one thing before I closed it. I'm not sure if it's big or not but still.

Warning:

That Teddie is actually human outside his bear thing

Nich, I couldn't resist.
Why'd you do that... :( I read the post. Read the warning label. Highlighted anyway.

lakjdf;lajksdl;fkjl;askdjfl;ajksd;lfjasdf

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
dragonlife29 said:
It's Wednesday, people...it usually is. The 9th is the shipping date; the 10th is when stores will have the copies.

Hmm...for me, release date has usually been the case at my local Gamestop, at least, for Disgaea 2 and 3, as well as a few small GBA games and such. UPS comes in around twoish, and they tell me to come in between 4-5.

I guess we'll wait and see. It would definitely help if it was Wednesday, as that's after my final that I need to really study for....

zurra

Kagari said:
Btw, the MC's 'official' name as written in the manga is Seta Souji.
Thanks, I was looking for that on Google as you posted. Now there's no danger of accidentally running into a billion spoilers.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I always name my no-name main characters as Fuu. And if I have to put a last name, I always do the retarded but incredibly amusing "last name of a random celebrity I have the hots for"...

Fuu said:
I always name my no-name main characters as Fuu. And if I have to put a last name, I always do the retarded but incredibly amusing "last name of a random celebrity I have the hots for"...

Chuck-Fuu Norris?

Yaweee

Duck Amuck said:
I'm getting Persona 4 along with Fallout 3.

This is going to be hard.

But it'll be worth it because they're my last game purchases this year.

And they'll probably be the only games you purchase until sometime in March or April.

Tamanon

Banned
I was always tempted to rename the P3 character to Lelouch because of the whole contract with a demon thing and the fact that he manipulates so many others justs to raise his power!

birdchili

i started p3 doing quite a bit of role-playing, and moved into a more cynical, manipulative min/max mode as i became more familiar with how everything was interrelated.

i'm sure there will be the inevitable draw of the best-looking personae, and the most-very-desirable make-believe ladies; but a lot of folk are going to get *used* this time.

Shanks

sarcoa said:
It still makes you enter your last name first - but it's a little more clear about it this time.

Clear? So they are going to be calling me by my last name again if I put my actual last name in?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
zurra said:
Thanks, I was looking for that on Google as you posted. Now there's no danger of accidentally running into a billion spoilers.

No problem. I'm probably going to just name him that anyway, as I named the MC in P3 by his 'official' name as well ;D

matmanx1

Got my artbook today from Gamestop and I am very pleased. Would have liked hardcover but otherwise the quality is very good for a freebie. I flipped through it casually after work but purposely didnt look closely for fear of stumbling on spoiler material. I cant wait until the 10th!

Tirade

placeholder
WOAH.

The Metacritic score is a 97.

It'll probably go down, but... WOW. I think I might need to play this.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Tirade said:
WOAH.

it deserves it. P4 is genius. Hell, just read my review!

Kagari said:
No problem. I'm probably going to just name him that anyway, as I named the MC in P3 by his 'official' name as well ;D

do you know the name for MC of P3?

also, it's reverse in japanese correct?

is souji his last name or first..

edit/ ah nevermind found it.

Minato Arisato P3

Sōji Seta P4

Guled

Tirade said:
WOAH.

sad thing is, even tho its RPG GOTY (and arguably the GOTY), I don't think it will even get nominated on most sites since its not "next-gen" :(

daegan

Guled said:
sad thing is, even tho its RPG GOTY (and arguably the GOTY), I don't think it will even get nominated on most sites since its not "next-gen" :(

It makes me cry how many people are going to see Fallout 3 as "better" than this game without playing it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rekki-Maru said:
do you know the name for MC of P3?

also, it's reverse in japanese correct?

is souji his last name or first..

edit/ ah nevermind found it.

Minato Arisato P3

Sōji Seta P4

You got it.

Heretic

Duck Amuck said:
No shit! I was spoiled of one thing before I closed it. I'm not sure if it's big or not but still.

Warning:

That Teddie is actually human outside his bear thing

Nich, I couldn't resist.

or is he!?

zurra

Kagari said:
Same. I would have named P3's accordingly but didn't know it until about halfway through the game.

Wasn't there an Arisato sign near the bookstore with the old folks?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
reviewed this on Monday and I thoroughly enjoy the game and wish Atlus USA would start making proper RPGs for the next-gen cuz there aren't enough of them. Wish I had all the goodies, but alas, all I have is the green copy.

Volcynika

Caspel said:
reviewed this on Monday and I thoroughly enjoy the game and wish Atlus USA would start making proper RPGs for the next-gen cuz there aren't enough of them. Wish I had all the goodies, but alas, all I have is the green copy.

Atlus USA doesn't make RPGs! They localize them!

:p

/easy joke

Ugh. I may just end up buying a ps2 just for this game [Ps3 died and have to wait 3 years for a new one]. Progressive scan support? lol

Volcynika

Caspel said:
lol, you know what i meant.

Yeah, I'd be surprised after Devil Survivor and the new Devil Summoner game if they don't announce something for the current gen. Or they'll just make more portable games! But we'll see.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Volcynika said:
Yeah, I'd be surprised after Devil Survivor and the new Devil Summoner game if they don't announce something for the current gen. Or they'll just make more portable games! But we'll see.

has anyone played the new Devil Summoner since it released about 5-6 weeks back in Japan?

Top Bottom