• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

"not to play".

1363142650012.jpg

Meia

There isn't a single scene in the game that even slightly hints at this being the case, so...???

Eh, she's upset when Kanji doesn't get a nosebleed with her in the swimsuit, though that may be reaching I guess. Also thought she was playing to Yosuke with the cook-off thing. She is the most obvious with Yu though.

If I'm not remembering things right, it means only one thing: another playthrough time!

cjkeats

They are good games. That doesn't mean I'm suffering through the dated interface of Persona 1 again. :p

Do you REALLY want to subject me to this?

persona-overworld.jpg
holy shit. I've never seen that before, but holy shit.

Eh, she's upset when Kanji doesn't get a nosebleed with her in the swimsuit, though that may be reaching I guess.
That's because she's a model, her job is to be hot and make guys fawn.

Sophia

holy shit. I've never seen that before, but holy shit.

Yeah. The UI improvements to the PSP version are significant. but I don't own a digital copy, and I can't exactly rent the one I played seeing as Blockbuster no longer exists. :p

Persona 1 is not THAT BAD, 7/10 game yea but not outright bad. *shrug*

It's the black sheep of the franchise. They hadn't quite discarded the SMT roots yet, and there was some very blatant signs of "We're not used to programming in 3D!" with the overworld and such.

Essentially, it's dated.

I played through it again a couple years ago, it wasn't awful!

You're trying to tempt me aren't you? IT WON'T WORK I TELL YOU.

*covers hands over ears*

La la la la I can't heeear yooooou.

cjkeats

I still feel strangely obligated to at least try P1. But, haven't got the will for it just yet.

When the PSP verison cnme out, I went and bought it adn i was so excited to see how this series got started, and the was even before I played P3 and P4. More of a collectors thing for me at the time.

Meia

I had little trouble getting through P1, but it was really a slog for such a short game(20 hours). IS was much more enjoyable.

Young Magus

I still feel strangely obligated to at least try P1. But, haven't got the will for it just yet.

Wait for a sale...there will be one soon.

It's the black sheep of the franchise. They hadn't quite discarded the SMT roots yet, and there was some very blatant signs of "We're not used to programming in 3D!" with the overworld and such.

Essentially, it's dated.
Very Understandable

Sophia

I had little trouble getting through P1, but it was really a slog for such a short game(20 hours). IS was much more enjoyable.
Very Understandable

It's one of those things where if you grew up playing it (or 90s RPGs similar to it), then you have a lot more tolerance for the dated mechanics versus someone who's first experience was the extremely streamlined and polished Persona 3/4

Meia

It's one of those things where if you grew up playing it (or 90s RPGs similar to it), then you have a lot more tolerance for the dated mechanics versus someone who's first experience was the extremely streamlined and polished Persona 3/4

I beat Beyond the Beyond on the PSX. Enough said.

Tamanon

Banned
I beat Beyond the Beyond on the PSX. Enough said.

That game pissed me off so much with how long you had to lug that weakened guy around.

For Persona 1: And yeah, it can be rough now, but I grew up on Gold Box games and Might and Magic. That first-person, graph-paper dungeon stuff was right up my alley. Plus the characters were much cooler than most games of that ilk.

Jintor

Been a little while but I'm still battlin'
movin' fast while you's just prattlin'
no time for me, no tanglin'
hit you in the spot with no anglin'

jaxword

I tried to play Persona 1, I really did, but the encounter rate is so horrendous.

I can't go back to random jRPG encounters anymore.

Maybe I'll crack open my old save file, though, since everyone's giving it the for-the-history praise. Could someone please summarize the story up to...
I think the alternate universe just opened up and I'm supposed to go to a castle.

Kwixotik

I decided to start Persona 4. The characters and story are pretty good and the tropes are less overt than I expected, but Jesus, I'm two hours in and have gotten like 3 minutes of play time.

Tamanon

Banned
I decided to start Persona 4. The characters and story are pretty good and the tropes are less overt than I expected, but Jesus, I'm two hours in and have gotten like 3 minutes of play time.

It's alright, like another 40 minutes or so then it's dungeoning time.

Astra

tumblr_lnzjlmTQcs1qbv8wko1_500.gif

This means I agree with you.

Hell yeah!
The game has one of the strongest cast of characters I've had the pleasure of spending any amount of time with.
I love the battle system. Press turn! Battles never get boring for me. Find their weakness, knock their asses down and go all-out and crush them!

The structure of the game is just perfect for me. The whole thing flows so well (aside from the opening, which does drag on). There are very few games of this length that I can play as many times as I have P4.

The negatives are so minor and few that they do nothing to bring the game down for me.

So awesome. Now I return to play some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom