• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWILT

Banned
tumblr_lnzjlmTQcs1qbv8wko1_500.gif

This means I agree with you.

v3H19sZ.gif

Meia

I'm kind of shocked the front page wasn't full of those gifs, actually. So many great ones. Can't believe I haven't seen that Junpei one before though, it's mesmerizing.

Astra

Waffles, Pancakes it don't matter to me I'll take them on both :D !!

I haven't had either in a loooooong time. I'm talking years.

I'm totally having steak tomorrow, though!
It's recently officially Summer, and time to barbecue some steaks!

Squire

Banned

Venfayth

Frit-kun is not saying there's a "w" word, he's referring to when people 'stutter' on the internet:

"I h-hope frit-kun n-notices me!"

Astra

So replaying P4, I still find Chie's voice off-putting during the first parts of the game, but like the first time I played, it gets progressively better as the story goes on.

Meia

So replaying P4, I still find Chie's voice off-putting during the first parts of the game, but like the first time I played, it gets progressively better as the story goes on.

Think it has more to do with when she shouts in the game. Not many of those moments later, while she's yelling every 2 minutes early about something. The voice when the DVD cracks.... *shudder*

And Pancakes are just waffles without dimples. So there.

Pancakes confirmed for master race of breakfast items.

Samyy

Bah instead of getting Innocent Sin im just going to invest in PS+
I'll play it one day...

Im shocked at the ICG for Vita on PS+ thats some damn good quality

Astra

Think it has more to do with when she shouts in the game. Not many of those moments later, while she's yelling every 2 minutes early about something. The voice when the DVD cracks.... *shudder*

And Pancakes are just waffles with dimples. So there.

Pancakes confirmed for master race of breakfast items.

Yeah, exactly. Her over-emphasis on many words is jarring, and she is way too enthusiastic for some of those situations. Luckily it levels out later on and she uses a more fitting inflection.

Bah instead of getting Innocent Sin im just going to invest in PS+
I'll play it one day...

That is a wise investment.
Now we just need Innocent Sin as a free PS+ game.

Samyy

Yeah, exactly. Her over-emphasis on many words is jarring, and she is way too enthusiastic for some of those situations. Luckily it levels out later on and she uses a more fitting inflection.

That is a wise investment.
Now we just need Innocent Sin as a free PS+ game.

Sony pls
I guess I need to invest in a better memory card, christ Sony drop the price on these already T_T

Astra

Sony pls
I guess I need to invest in a better memory card, christ Sony drop the price on these already T_T

Yes, please!
It's just another hindrance to the Vita being successful. Nobody wants to pay $100 for a 32GB card when you can buy a quality standard 32GB microSD for $40.

Samyy

Yes, please!
It's just another hindrance to the Vita being successful. Nobody wants to pay $100 for a 32GB card when you can buy a quality standard 32GB microSD for $40.

Mhm, its so dumb, I want to get more invested in PSN games for my Vita and turn it into an Indie game machine but the memory card thing is holding me back. I could buy a ton of those indie games on my computer with that same 100 dollars that would go towards the card.

I hope Gamescom will change that, at least bring the 16gig card to 30 dollars or something

Squire

Banned
Mhm, its so dumb, I want to get more invested in PSN games for my Vita and turn it into an Indie game machine but the memory card thing is holding me back. I could buy a ton of those indie games on my computer with that same 100 dollars that would go towards the card.

I hope Gamescom will change that, at least bring the 16gig card to 30 dollars or something

An 8GB card should be fine if you just wanna keep indie games on the thing.

Samyy

An 8GB card should be fine if you just wanna keep indie games on the thing.

Yea but theres the PS+ stuff like Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Wipeout I want to play too. I guess since ill be commuting from Uni to home I'll essentially have access to an unlimited bandwidth of blazing fast internet so redownloading games shouldn't be a problem but I don't like deleting/redownloading software like that

Samyy

People need to pay actual money for Gravity Rush so we can get a sequel.

But im getting PS+ anyway for online play on the PS4 sooooo :<
SCEJ needs to do other things like develop 1st party JRPGs for the Vita/PS4, they spent all gen building up their 1st party studios in Europe and America and seemingly forgot Japan existed,

Squire

Banned
But im getting PS+ anyway for online play on the PS4 sooooo :<
SCEJ needs to do other things like develop 1st party JRPGs for the Vita/PS4, they spent all gen building up there 1st party studios in Europe and America and seemingly forget Japan existed,

Japan is making at least three games right now, but in terms of pouring money into them and for JRPGs, well... That'd probably air on the side of ideas likely to be less than profitable.

I imagine that's why the western branches want to bring some JRPGs over. SCE never made more than one or two at once and they certainly aren't going to start now.

I did my part, bought it day one. Almost had it a day early but the stupid system at Future Shop stopped the clueless dude. :p

Nice. You're even better than me, since I waited until it was $20. XD

I haven't even played all that much if it. I love everything about it, but the actual gameplay I think doesn't live up to it's full potential. Games like that I always think deserve sequels. They deserve a chance to really get it right.

Samyy

Japan is making at least three games right now, but in terms of pouring money into them and for JRPGs, well... That'd probably air on the side of ideas likely to be less than profitable.

I imagine that's why the western branches want to bring some JRPGs over. SCE never made more than one or two at once and they certainly aren't going to start now.

Well Verendus essentially confirmed that they are in the process of creating a AAA team to work on a Final Fantasy type JRPG.

And when I mean JRPGs I don't necessarily mean Square-level games with amazing graphics and hair physics. They can be simple titles, when it comes to JRPGs the ones I enjoy the most have never been the ones with the greatest visuals or largest scope.

But yea I just feel like SCEJ is by far the weakest link with Team Ico shitting the bed. I think they'll be looking to improve there.

Squire

Banned
Well Verendus essentially confirmed that they are in the process of creating a AAA team to work on a Final Fantasy type JRPG.

And when I mean JRPGs I don't necessarily mean Square-level games with amazing graphics and hair physics. They can be simple titles, when it comes to JRPGs the ones I enjoy the most have never been the ones with the greatest visuals or largest scope.

But yea I just feel like SCEJ is by far the weakest link with Team Ico shitting the bed. I think they'll be looking to improve there.

Well that's what I mean. They'll have Japan Studio make something or fund a game for Level-5 and push it as a AAA first-party offering, but getting into mid-range JRPGs just isn't something a company the size of Sony is going to do unless they somehow become massively popular again.

I saw Verendus post and he's right; They'll give it an honest go, but if the market doesn't take to it you'll never hear from it again. He's got insider knowledge, but that's just how the ibdustry in general regards that genre right now.

I didn't think Gravity Rush was worth my money, despite the fact that it had a lot of good points. :p

You're bad and you should feel bad! :O

Sophia

You're bad and you should feel bad! :O

I mean I didn't think it was outright awful, but the control issues + some parts of the game were genuinely boring.

And this is coming from the person who just spent three hours grinding in an RPG and has it on video! :p

Samyy

Welp I hope Square can revitalize the interest with FFXV but im not holding my breath. I was kinda shocked when listening to all the post-E3 podcasts and no one seemed interested in the game at all.

Squire

Banned
I mean I didn't think it was outright awful, but the control issues + some parts of the game were genuinely boring.

And this is coming from the person who just spent three hours grinding in an RPG and has it on video! :p

Those were my issues, yeah. I really hope they get to give it another go though. It has a lot of heart.

Welp I hope Square can revitalize the interest with FFXV but im not holding my breath. I was kinda shocked when listening to all the post-E3 podcasts and no one seemed interested in the game at all.

Yeah, I mean, I think that has to do with the fact it looks like a character action game to the naked eye. Or any eye. They have yet to tie that combat to FF.

Combine that with the fact that the best stuff out of E3 was all playable and the series damaged image this generation and it's not too surprising.

But I've heard plenty of people say it looks cool, myself. Most people seem really optimistic about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom