• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

CorvoSol

P3P SEPTEMBER SPOILERS

I cut myself because this is a mature storyline for mature people to comprehend. I paint in my own blood because death is the theme of the story. This is why I am a goth. Why don't people understand meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

I swear to God Ekoda I will have my revenge for what you did to my Librarian Lady Bro. I will find your house, Ekoda, I will find you. You are never safe now, do you hear me? Nobody talks to Clara Tokiwa's lady bro that way and escapes.

Sophia

Hell yeah.

But let's all agree

FES opening > Vanilla P3 opening

Nope nope nope nope nope. Worstest opening. By far. It's not even a new song, none of the footage is newly animated, most of it is from The Answer, and
it potentially has some spoilers should the viewer known Japanese and be genre savvy enough.

Nope nope nope nope nope. Worstest opening. By far. It's not even a new song, none of the footage is newly animated, most of it is from The Answer, and
it potentially has some spoilers should the viewer known Japanese and be genre savvy enough.

I don't care it was my first exposure to Persona ;_;

Sophia

How many years is P3 before P4?

If you're going by the original date (2009-2010), two years. If you're going by the newer date (2010-2011), one year.

I think it is two maybe possibly.

The dates are inconsistent.

They retconned it for some reason. According to Mitsuru's story mode Persona 4 Arena the events of Persona 3 ended in Spring of 2011, instead of Spring of 2010 as per the original game. They also bumped Aigis's activation date up a year (to September 10th, 2000) so that it didn't coincide in the same year as Labrys's release.

Big P3 spoilers beyond:
This also means that the creation Dark Hour was pushed up a year as well, as Aigis was already activated at the time of it's creation. Presumably this was done so that the creation of the Dark Hour doesn't immediately follow the events of Persona 2, which can occur no earlier then September 1999 as per its own story.

PK Gaming

I think P3P's is the best.
I'm a heretic and I don't care.

lpw5NEL.gif

Just started Danganronpa the other day. I love the characters—I really do. But, man. I LOVE the P4:G characters. I can't help but think a couple of people in Danganronpa are ripping off P4:G!

Lunar15

Not sure if I like Vanilla P3 or Vanilla P4 intro the best. It's one of those two, they're so good.

I cannot comprehend how anyone could like any of the other intros for those two games, but to each their own. I do like P3P's, I guess.

Jintor

they're just drawn from the same archetypes. Mondo in particular is basically Kanji because 'delinquent + heart of gold' only results in so many types of characters

Lunar15

At least as far as on-topic issues go, it's certainly up there. I'm still fond of original P3's opening the most myself.

I'm still completely torn between original P3 and P4. P3's is a little more artistic, and I think I like the song more.

But man... I dunno, pursuing my true self is amazing.

You guys just made me watch all the persona intros on youtube.

I like vanilla P3 and P3P the most even though P3P looked like some edgy anime OP. Vanilla P4 and FES were the worst. P4G was okay. But yea FES definitely has the best song.

PK Gaming

Just started Danganronpa the other day. I love the characters—I really do. But, man. I LOVE the P4:G characters. I can't help but think a couple of people in Danganronpa are ripping off P4:G!

Sure they draw from the same pool of archetypes (Idol, Punk, etc) but the execution for both casts is completely different.

So, I have one last Hypothetical Persona 4 Shadow to share with you all:

BIG TIME PERSONA 4 SPOILERS I AM SERIOUS

★

By itself the design is pretty awesome, but it's the little things you added take it on a whole new level.
That junk pile is really awesome. Saki's and Mayumi's bodies are obvious, but what do the investigation team's items represent? Is it supposed to show that they're simply his play-things?

This is by far your best shadow; the extra work you put into making this work paid off immensely.

wmlk

Vanilla P3 opening is pretty awesome. I think I like it better than any of the P4 openings. When Burn My Dread kicks in...that was cool.

Squire

Banned
they're just drawn from the same archetypes. Mondo in particular is basically Kanji because 'delinquent + heart of gold' only results in so many types of characters

Eh, that's their basic archetype, yeah. But you appreciate the two for different reasons. Kanji struggles with his identity whereas Mondo struggles with responsibility.

By itself the design is pretty awesome, but it's the little things you added take it on a whole new level.
That junk pile is really awesome. Saki's and Mayumi's bodies are obvious, but what do the investigation team's items represent? Is it supposed to show that they're simply his play-things?

This is by far your best shadow; the extra work you put into making this work paid off immensely.
Thanks.

The IT's stuff is a mixture of both what you said and a signification of that he may feel, deep down, that everything actually belongs to him. And maybe just a large scale "this is your archnemesis" kind of thing by mixing in stuff that would be familiar to you. I don't really know the precise reason, I mostly added that stuff because it felt right. It was one of the few ideas I brought up during this whole project with Chet that made him say "Yes, do that" immediately.

Soma

Vanilla P3 opening is pretty awesome. I think I like it better than any of the P4 openings. When Burn My Dread kicks in...that was cool.

Yeah I would always have that OP on repeat when taking breaks from the game when I first played.

I really liked what they did with the pseudo post-modern art direction of it too but I think the rest of the game cinematics suffered as a result because that art style just didn't translate very well as regular cut-scenes (for the most part).

PK Gaming

Rise's nothing like Sayaka though, lol.

Damnit man you know what I mean. Do you want to die? Do you
lol now imagining p4 cast in a death game. WHO DIES FIRST

Anyway I thought this all out

Killing game is comprised of P3/P4 cast

-Yu's the first one to die for mysterious reasons
-Yosuke is the protagonist
-Chie, Rise, Akihiko, Shinji, Yukari are killers
-Teddie, Ken, Mitsuru, Aigis, Fuuka are victims
-Junpei, Yukiko,, Naoto, Koro, and Makoto are survivors

Jintor

Eh, that's their basic archetype, yeah. But you appreciate the two for different reasons. Kanji struggles with his identity whereas Mondo struggles with responsibility.

Oh, yeah, sure, the way they're explored is very different. But they start from a similar place in terms of immediate impressions, I feel.

Damnit man you know what I mean. Do you want to die? Do you

It was Yu the whole time

FluxWaveZ

You thought it all out, but Yosuke is neither a survivor nor a victim despite the fact that he's the protagonist?

Top Bottom