• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

CorvoSol

eam1Azd.png

Yeah expect it to go from bad to worse. I'm so glad that they wrote him out of the movie.

What a shitty character.

Probably the first time I really felt in tune with what Male MC was doing. If I were to self-compare to a P3 cast member, though, I'd like to think I'm more Junpei than anybody. I think the reason Yukari rubbed me the wrong way was because I had a friend do that to me and the rest of my friends, and so there was some bad emotions there. Post-June/July Yukari's a lot better, though.

Do guys think they might add the Hermit, Hanged man, and Sun social links in the Persona 3 movie because they are like the best ones, but I feel like it ain't gonna happen.

Man I'd love to see the Hermit acknowledged. Even if FeMC never gets a bone thrown her way, Saori is a great character.

CorvoSol

Oh, hello there. My name is Sleepy Table. I realize that after a hilariously more difficult battle than the one against me you faced in easy mode, you are winning, that you only need about one more blow to win this, and feel very pleased with this fact, but, well [Megidola Intensifies].

Oh, hello there. My name is Sleepy Table. I realize that after a hilariously more difficult battle than the one against me you faced in easy mode, you are winning, that you only need about one more blow to win this, and feel very pleased with this fact, but, well [Megidola Intensifies].

Just wait 'til the Jotun of Grief
ing

CorvoSol

Just wait 'til the Jotun of Grief
ing

Thank God this isn't my first SMT game and I know about debuffs, because that's the only way I foresee winning this fight. Thing doesn't ever even USE Megidola in easy mode. Debating if I should remove Koro, too. On the one hand the boss spams Hamaon. On the other it also likes to use Maragidyne.

Thank God this isn't my first SMT game and I know about debuffs, because that's the only way I foresee winning this fight. Thing doesn't ever even USE Megidola in easy mode. Debating if I should remove Koro, too. On the one hand the boss spams Hamaon. On the other it also likes to use Maragidyne.

Yeah, you might want let Doge sit this one out. It's bad enough that he screws the pooch every time the Sleepy Table casts a light spell, but he also gives the tablord a free turn with which to plan and execute some incredibly complex tactics Megidola-spam you into oblivion.

If you don't have already Junpei in your party, then put 'im in, coach. He's ready.

CorvoSol

Yeah, you might want let Doge sit this one out. It's bad enough that he screws the pooch every time the Sleepy Table casts a light spell, but he also gives the tablord a free turn with which to plan and execute some incredibly complex tactics Megidola-spam you into oblivion.

If you don't have already Junpei in your party, then put 'im in, coach. He's ready.

Junpei is always with Clara. They're besties. I might have to substitute Doge for Shinji, then. Even though Aki's kinda under leveled, too. I have a few homonculi if I need 'em. My team is between levels 39-40, which is the level I beat it at on Easy mode. The problem is Junpei's only doing like, 30-40 damage per hit. Akihiko can deal about 80 when Zionga connects, but I need him to be debuffing constantly. What works best so far is stunning or freezing the boss, then having Junpei crit it so we can All out attack for about 130d.

PK Gaming

Junpei should also have early access to Marakukaja(+Def to all), which makes him a clutch choice for most bosses in the 40-50 level range.

I'm so overleveled I beat the Sleeping Table 3 times just so I didn't have to waste any items due to an unfortunate Hamaon.

Light and Dark weaknesses are terrible and are the main reason I would never use Koromaru or Ken on my team (actually I'd never use Ken because he's a boring character).

Actually, is it just me, or are Hama and Mudo skills less accurate in Persona 3 than they are in Persona 4? A Mudo Boosted Mamudoon would like kill everything weak to dark every time in Persona 4 it seemed but in Persona 3 it's maddeningly inconsistent.

Caladrius

I'm so overleveled I beat the Sleeping Table 3 times just so I didn't have to waste any items due to an unfortunate Hamaon.

Light and Dark weaknesses are terrible and are the main reason I would never use Koromaru or Ken on my team (actually I'd never use Ken because he's a boring character).

Actually, is it just me, or are Hama and Mudo skills less accurate in Persona 3 than they are in Persona 4? A Mudo Boosted Mamudoon would like kill everything weak to dark every time in Persona 4 it seemed but in Persona 3 it's maddeningly inconsistent.

Yeah the P3 spells are really hit and miss, with the exceptions of Samsara and Die for Me!.

Ken and Koromaru have more problems than just the weaknesses. Ken is a jack of all trades in a franchise that generally rewards specialization. Koromaru has it a little better since he's a better Fire mage than Junpei (whereas Ken's skillset overlaps with 2-3 other characters and outshines none of them), but his magic score still isn't exceptional.

Of all the annoying persona 3 bosses I remember them the most for some reason. I had to look online and ended up fusing some specific physical immune Thor and then auto-battling with Makoto because the rest of my party was all dead instantly.

CorvoSol

I use Koro because having a dog pc is amazing. But yeah, mudo is hilariously less accurate in P3.

Lunar15

Do you think Hulk Hogan knows his likeness is in persona? But like... he's a huge fan so he hasn't pressed charges or something.

I think about these things sometimes.

arue

Speaking of P3, I just spent six hours trying to complete my compendium. It was so much work >.<

Is it true that in P4G you get to choose the skills when fusing persona like in Devil Survivor 2? I am tired of pressing X,O,X,O when fusing in P3. I hope in P5 we can select the skills like in DeSu 2.

LX_Theo

Banned
Speaking of P3, I just spent six hours trying to complete my compendium. It was so much work >.<

Is it true that in P4G you get to choose the skills when fusing persona like in Devil Survivor 2? I am tired of pressing X,O,X,O when fusing in P3. I hope in P5 we can select the skills like in DeSu 2.

Yes, you can choose the skills. Not all are capable of being transferred over, mind you.

You know what's worst than those Hulk Hogens, the three fucking knights, those assholes kept on spamming ziodyne.
Those guys, haha, I remember them--I beat them first try and without too much difficulty, but after I beating them I realized yeah, had I not been so overleveled? They would have kicked my ass.

Funny thing about dark/light skills being inaccurate in 3--I used Die for Me on three enemies--one weak to dark, two not. The only one that didn't die was the one weak to it. Fuck my life.

Fun P3 October spoilers:

"Remember that Fuuka had a friend?"

"...no...?"

"Well she's leaving now!"

"...okay...?"

manual selection is in smt4 too. REST IN PIECES, xoxoxoxoxoxo.

i remember dreading the hogan trio when i replayed fes and then mitsuru with marin karin saved me from taking any damage whatsoever.

PK Gaming

Those guys, haha, I remember them--I beat them first try and without too much difficulty, but after I beating them I realized yeah, had I not been so overleveled? They would have kicked my ass.

Funny thing about dark/light skills being inaccurate in 3--I used Die for Me on three enemies--one weak to dark, two not. The only one that didn't die was the one weak to it. Fuck my life.

Fun P3 October spoilers:

"Remember that Fuuka had a friend?"

"...no...?"

"Well she's leaving now!"

"...okay...?"

Fuuka__s_Resolution_by_turtwig123.jpg

Jintor

i genuinely wish they'd developed that relationship more. Or at all really.

They just kind of force state changes on to it and none of it matters cos you don't give a shit

CorvoSol

SUCK ON IT SLEEPY TABLE.

SUCK.

ON.

IT.

TOOK TWO PHOENIX DOWNS AND ALL MY HOMMOMOMOMOMONCULUSUSUSESSESES, BUT I DID IT.

And then my EXP reward was 3k less than easy mode. P3P is teaching me an important lesson in the difference between male and female wages.

Also what the heck is Fuuka wearing in the fall on days off? It looks like some sort of cultist robe or something.

For some reason, Akihiko's off days summer variant clothing strikes me as funny. The rest of his outfits are all painfully formal looking and then on off days in the summer he's just wearing a damn shirt.

And Ken's day off turtle neck is ridiculous.

Sophia

Fuuka's fall outfit is just a black turtleneck with matching skirt + pancho. It's very conservative, but not actually all that unfashionable.

His first PR video labeled him as "John Hardin, AKA: "Not Aram"". It was pretty funny.

I believe that was for SMTIV? I remember he sniffed it and a label appeared saying sniffing was compulsory in unboxing vids. I also asked Aram what he thought about the unboxing vid.
He didn't reply. :(

SUCK ON IT SLEEPY TABLE.

SUCK.

ON.

IT.

TOOK TWO PHOENIX DOWNS AND ALL MY HOMMOMOMOMOMONCULUSUSUSESSESES, BUT I DID IT.

And then my EXP reward was 3k less than easy mode. P3P is teaching me an important lesson in the difference between male and female wages.

Man reading your struggle on this boss, is making me quite curious on how you'll react to the end boss battle. Just thinking about is making me laugh so hard. Oh the misery that is to come.

Top Bottom