• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Worse than dead, waifu'd.

image.php

CorvoSol

but where was shakespeare's crossover fighting play?

Shakespeare only wrote deep, historical fan fiction. His OC's didn't see the light of day until he was dead so nobody could steal them.

If you want cross overs ask Dante. Cept his were more cameos than fights.

Jintor

Shakespeare only wrote deep, historical fan fiction. His OC's didn't see the light of day until he was dead so nobody could steal them.

If you want cross overs ask Dante. Cept his were more cameos than fights.

if you steal from enough people it becomes research or paying tribute lol

arue

P3P Mid-October

LOL I'M GOING AWAY FOREVER FUUKA AND I DIDN'T TELL YOU BUT HERE'S A FREE NEW PERSONA K THX BAI

LOL.
I also didn't care much for her friendship with Natsuki.

Too bad Fuuka is not developed enough in the game; I actually relate to Fuuka the most in the whole Persona universe.

arue

I would be legitimately interested to know how, if you wouldn't mind explaining? (Possibly spoiler tag it, if necessary)

I don't mind explaining. Let's see here...

• We both are shy and don't make friends easily.
  • We are not good at cooking (Fuuka is worse though lol)
  • I am a friendly person once others get to know me well.
  • I always want to help, even though sometimes I can't really do anything.
  • I am not a tech nerd, but I do like sitting in front of computer for hours.
  • I am "convinced" by my parents to pursue a career with good pay, so I can't pursue my dream to become an artist/animator. I guess this is similar to how Fuuka's parents always force her to study.
  • Fortunately, I've never been bullied, but I remember I got laughed at in middle school because of my accent :(
  • Last but not least, we both are short,I am 150 cm and Fuuka is 152 cm.
I am not completely similar to Fuuka, but I guess these are the reasons why I can't hate Fuuka no matter how bad she sounds. Sorry if I got too personal here :p

Jintor

i don't really understand how you can be bad at cooking. it's really hard to be bad at cooking :<

i mean, i screwed up cooking fried rice today by putting the rice in before the onions, but a bit of busywork saved it pretty handily...

kewlmyc

i don't really understand how you can be bad at cooking. it's really hard to be bad at cooking :<

i mean, i screwed up cooking fried rice today by putting the rice in before the onions, but a bit of busywork saved it pretty handily...

If you never practice or have a hard time with measurements/keeping track of time/awareness, then cooking can be a nightmare.

Jintor

fuuka practices all the time AND she's their battle control back at HQ. Hell her specialty is awareness!

damn you character tropes. you always win

Necrovex

I can answer this. I have finally begun to taught myself how to cook. It's pretty intimidating at first when you aren't familiar with the equipment, how to properly check if a food is fully cooked, or know how to substitute items in a recipe. I have only cooked three things more advanced than eggs (stir fry chicken, salmon, and pasta, which I screwed up due to putting way too much water on the sauce). It's like driving, horrifying and hard at first, then pretty easy once you get a hang of things.

Dantis

I am the worst at cooking.

Not just bad; the worst.

Hell yeah it does bro.

I dunno which Persona character I'm most similar to.

Probably Yosuke ;_;

...Because you're in love with Rise?

I don't mind explaining. Let's see here...

• We both are shy and don't make friends easily.
  • We are not good at cooking (Fuuka is worse though lol)
  • I am a friendly person once others get to know me well.
  • I always want to help, even though sometimes I can't really do anything.
  • I am not a tech nerd, but I do like sitting in front of computer for hours.
  • I am "convinced" by my parents to pursue a career with good pay, so I can't pursue my dream to become an artist/animator. I guess this is similar to how Fuuka's parents always force her to study.
  • Fortunately, I've never been bullied, but I remember I got laughed at in middle school because of my accent :(
  • Last but not least, we both are short,I am 150 cm and Fuuka is 152 cm.

Pretty interesting.

I've always seen Fuuka as unrelateable and unrealistic, so I find it interesting that someone could relate to her to such a high degree.

Sophia

Pretty interesting.

I've always seen Fuuka as unrelateable and unrealistic, so I find it interesting that someone could relate to her to such a high degree.

I find her one of the more relatable characters to be honest. One of the drama CDs has some subjects about her hobby related to her gender, and that really hit home with me. >.<

CorvoSol

Like seriously, though, compared to Ken and Akihiko's Persona upgrades, Fuuka's is just really, really, I dunno flat? Like even compared to Kanji forcing you to make sock puppets granting him infinite power, Fuuka getting up one morning and having her friend just be like "Deuces!" is surreal.

For a game where you bust into a love hotel at night and find coffins atop beds in suggestive positions, this was still somehow the weirdest part of the game.

Meia

Honestly, it's just a testament to how good the characterization of the series itself is. Some of these may seem alien in terms of character types, but you can be sure that SOMEONE out there has probably gone through the same shit as at least someone on one of the cast.

For me, I had the bullying of Fuuka along with parents who were never satisfied with whatever you did, no matter how good it was, in school. This leads to a strong desire to make those around you happy/please them just to get some acknowledgement from SOMEONE. Both of these things made me resonate more strongly with Fuuka(and is a likely reason I still think of her as my fav of the cast of 3). Then I kind of became like Chie, joined martial arts to deal with bullies, and went to college to become a cop. :p

CorvoSol

So I finished the Fatty McTripleButt Social Link and as much as I diss on Keji, this one was actually the worst Social Link I've played so far.

It would've been just fine if it'd been about Fatso coming to terms with not being like his brother and using eating as an escape, but there's this cult and scam subplot thrown in which could've been fine except they NEVER RESOLVE THAT SHIT.

SLink 9 is Chubs nearly getting his fifth and eighth lunches knocked out of him as some goons punch him in his seventh stomach, and scammed kid's dad gets over his obsession with beating up a teenager for some stolen money, but SLink 10 just ignores the whole plot. Nozomi never owns up to whether or not he did scam this kid's money, and in fact the SLink goes so far as to not have him even mention his position in the cult from that point on.

Nevermind the stupid 10 second SLink reverse, it was just a really bad SLink that resolved jack shit at the end.

I am the worst at cooking.

Not just bad; the worst.

I was terrible at cooking aswell. I went on to Youtube and started watching Gordan Ramsay cooking videos. I can now make around 10 dishes. :D

I think it just takes practice. The first few times are going to be a mess, but eventually, you will pick it up.

I find her one of the more relatable characters to be honest. One of the drama CDs has some subjects about her hobby related to her gender, and that really hit home with me. >.<

Whoa, is there an English version of the Persona drama CDs?

Sophia

Whoa, is there an English version of the Persona drama CDs?

No, but there are translations all over the internet. Some are on YouTube, some are elsewhere. Not hard to find. The drama CD in question I'm referring to is the first Persona 3 Portable one, with the female protagonist. Fuuka plays a decent role in it, as the characters are discussing gender roles.

So I finished the Fatty McTripleButt Social Link and as much as I diss on Keji, this one was actually the worst Social Link I've played so far.

It would've been just fine if it'd been about Fatso coming to terms with not being like his brother and using eating as an escape, but there's this cult and scam subplot thrown in which could've been fine except they NEVER RESOLVE THAT SHIT.

SLink 9 is Chubs nearly getting his fifth and eighth lunches knocked out of him as some goons punch him in his seventh stomach, and scammed kid's dad gets over his obsession with beating up a teenager for some stolen money, but SLink 10 just ignores the whole plot. Nozomi never owns up to whether or not he did scam this kid's money, and in fact the SLink goes so far as to not have him even mention his position in the cult from that point on.

Nevermind the stupid 10 second SLink reverse, it was just a really bad SLink that resolved jack shit at the end.

Just remember that a good portion of the P3 social links are the worst pieces of shit.

No, but there are translations all over the internet. Some are on YouTube, some are elsewhere. Not hard to find. The drama CD in question I'm referring to is the first Persona 3 Portable one, with the female protagonist. Fuuka plays a decent role in it, as the characters are discussing gender roles.

Gotcha. I'll hold off from the P3 drama cds for now, as I still haven't played P3 yet.

The P4 translations though, Im going to hunt them down right now. :)

arue

I also think that Nozomi has the worst S.Link in the game. That's why I always put his S.Link as the last whenever I play as male MC so I won't miss out on other S.Links.

Thankfully Shinjiro replaced Nozomi as the Moon S.Link in FeMC's path.

Now I really want a definitive version of P3 where you can have S.Link with all party members and
the new Fortune S.Link.

CorvoSol

Just remember that a good portion of the P3 social links are the worst pieces of shit.

Some of the male ones are okay, like Yuko or Kaz. I confess i only have about 13 Slinks started, and some, like the old couple, i ignored to max stats.

Speaking of, both saves are geniuses who aced the test, so next month is Mitsuruvember.

MSMrRound

Will take semi-shitty social links over flat-out boring non-social links like Margaret's or faux "hey I'm just a collection of mini-quests but I'm disguising myself as a social link" thing like the Fox. These two. Urgh.

Elizabeth should have been a social link in P3. Even
taking her out shopping and watching her dump all her coins in the fountain
was so much better than Margaret and Fox's.

Please Hashino.

Will take semi-shitty social links over flat-out boring non-social links like Margaret's or faux "hey I'm just a collection of mini-quests but I'm disguising myself as a social link" thing like the Fox. These two. Urgh.

Elizabeth should have been a social link in P3. Even
taking her out shopping and watching her dump all her coins in the fountain
was so much better than Margaret and Fox's.

Please Hashino.

Don't get me wrong, I love quite a few of the Persona 3 social links, but man some of those people are despicable.

Sophia

Gotcha. I'll hold off from the P3 drama cds for now, as I still haven't played P3 yet.

The P4 translations though, Im going to hunt them down right now. :)

Probably a good idea. Of the P3 Drama CDs, New Moon, Full Moon, Daylight, and Moonlight all have pretty significant spoilers. There's a lot of story details in them (Mitsuru's mother is actually in the two part New Moon/Full Moon ones, as is Mitsuru's maid who appeared in Persona 4 Arena.)

kewlmyc

I also think that Nozomi has the worst S.Link in the game. That's why I always put his S.Link as the last whenever I play as male MC so I won't miss out on other S.Links.

Thankfully Shinjiro replaced Nozomi as the Moon S.Link in FeMC's path.

Now I really want a definitive version of P3 where you can have S.Link with all party members and
the new Fortune S.Link.
A persona game where you can pick your social links would be awesome. Kinda like the strength s.link in P4 but for other s.links as well. In example, in P3 it would give you the option of either hanging out with Kenji or Junpei and whoever you pick is your Magician S.link.

Dantis

Honestly, it's just a testament to how good the characterization of the series itself is. Some of these may seem alien in terms of character types, but you can be sure that SOMEONE out there has probably gone through the same shit as at least someone on one of the cast.
Mhmm.

I started playing DanganRonpa earlier, and I was immediately struck by how unlike Persona the writing is.

I think Persona's characters are a lot less exaggerated than characters in almost all Japanese games, and maybe even videogames as a whole. Somewhere along the way they really nailed the ability to write characters who feel genuine. I've never done any creative writing, but I imagine it's very difficult to do something like that.

Zebetite

Banned
Some of the male ones are okay, like Yuko or Kaz. I confess i only have about 13 Slinks started, and some, like the old couple, i ignored to max stats.

I sure hope that one of those is Sun and on your male route, another one of those is Hermit! Those were probably my two favorites, and funnily enough they both tend to hog Sundays. Time's running out for those ones!

Sophia

Mhmm.

I started playing DanganRonpa earlier, and I was immediately struck by how unlike Persona the writing is.

I think Persona's characters are a lot less exaggerated than characters in almost all Japanese games, and maybe even videogames as a whole. Somewhere along the way they really nailed the ability to write characters who feel genuine. I've never done any creative writing, but I imagine it's very difficult to do something like that.

Pepsiman talked about this before, and from what I've seen I'm inclined to agree. The writing is a vastly different style from Persona. Especially Persona 3 with it's very natural, almost drama like writing.

PK Gaming

Lol, I completely forgot that.

It's yet another s.link in a long line of s.links that fell short of my expectations.

Dantis

Pepsiman talked about this before, and from what I've seen I'm inclined to agree. The writing is a vastly different style from Persona. Especially Persona 3 with it's very natural, almost drama like writing.

Indeed.

The writing in DanganRonpa feels more in line with Corpse Party and 999 to me so far. I think the Persona comparisons that people keep making are a bit off, in my opinion. People probably make them just because of the vibrant colour scheme (Which isn't really a Persona thing, but people think it is because of P4) and the fact that it's a group of high school students in a high school.

I appreciate Persona's writing for what it is. Like I say, it feels genuine.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
People only compared it to Persona because of the "social links".

At least I did, there's nothing else "Persona" about it.

Top Bottom