• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Jachaos

Alright guys I need help.

I'm in the middle of (late game spoilers)
December and just realized my team S. Links won't speak to me again until January. I'm just wasting days right now as everything else is taken care of. I counted and I think that's 25 days where you can talk to them between then and Valentine's Day. I'm at rank 6 for Kanji, Rise, Yukiko and Yosuke, Rank 7 for Naoto and Rank 5 for Chie. Basically I need 24 more days of upgrading my S. Links. I have 25. Help.

I'm wondering if I should load saves back like a month right away or go ahead and try to make it work. If it doesn't I'll have wasted a lot of time though, especially in the
Adachi-baby
dungeon. This is my second run but I didn't know none of them were available during this whole week.

CorvoSol

Alright guys I need help.

I'm in the middle of (late game spoilers)
December and just realized my team S. Links won't speak to me again until January. I'm just wasting days right now as everything else is taken care of. I counted and I think that's 25 days where you can talk to them between then and Valentine's Day. I'm at rank 6 for Kanji, Rise, Yukiko and Yosuke, Rank 7 for Naoto and Rank 5 for Chie. Basically I need 24 more days of upgrading my S. Links. I have 25. Help.

I'm wondering if I should load saves back like a month right away or go ahead and try to make it work. If it doesn't I'll have wasted a lot of time though, especially in the
Adachi-baby
dungeon. This is my second run but I didn't know none of them were available during this whole week.

Have you been drawing the best possible fortunes? Cuz that's pretty important. Also don't forget that in February
you can Rank 11 everyone in the party.

Jachaos

Have you been drawing the best possible fortunes? Cuz that's pretty important. Also don't forget that in February
you can Rank 11 everyone in the party.

Well I just started drawing fortunes this month, before that I was reading the books. I'd be okay if I went back and focused on the Eri/Sayoko/etc. links for this week but right now they're all done so I'm basically wasting it.

I think 25 days should be enough for 24 S.Link talks but I'm just scared even if I take all the right answers and get great fortune I'll still have one not ready to talk to me.

And I don't think I'm in position for the
Rank 11 S. Link
, I've done some of them on my first playthrough and I don't think they count for the Legend of Inaba trophy so I won't go for them.

Edit: So I decided to load back to November 7th. Hermit is down to Rank 8 and Temperance down to Rank 9 but that's the only difference... no matter. That's about 4 days saved I think that I'll do during that week I rendered useless by doing everything but team until then.

Acid08

Banned
P2 IS

King Leo's name is reeeeeeal similar to Tatsuya's.....what the hell....

Aliens and Hitler....this is not what I was expecting

Love how Maya strolls into the detective agency with crazy yellow eyes and a totally different attitude and Yukino is the only one to notice. Stay sharp kids.

Two random things:

Do you guys think some of the new shadow designs (I'm pretty sure they're new, anyway) seen in PQ will carry over into Persona 5?

On top of that, do you think we will see the Persona designs redone by Soejima? On one hand, the original designs seem stylistically out of place with the art direction of modern Persona (IMO), but on the other, coming up with new designs would be a pretty big undertaking, considering how much design work he already handles.

Finished another Persona. Go here for the full explanation, too lazy to write it up here.

tumblr_n2tjuegY2N1tt73w0o1_1280.png

tumblr_n2tjuegY2N1tt73w0o2_1280.png

Sometimes I feel guilty for how much work I put into characters no one cares about, but then I realize that's kind of the entire point of the project.

Trigger

Two random things:

Do you guys think some of the new shadow designs (I'm pretty sure they're new, anyway) seen in PQ will carry over into Persona 5?

On top of that, do you think we will see the Persona designs redone by Soejima? On one hand, the original designs seem stylistically out of place with the art direction of modern Persona (IMO), but on the other, coming up with new designs would be a pretty big undertaking, considering how much design work he already handles.

1) I think we'll see pretty much every shadow design (not counting the bosses) return. Atlus seems pretty bad when it comes to recycling designs. I really wish they put more effort into the shadow's design though.

2) I feel pretty confident most of the personae will just use the art from SMTIV, and I'm fine with that.

Jintor

i don't normally post notebook sketches because i don't... really... make that many these days, but I found this in my old notebook

BjTeTmBCMAA1VqX.jpg:large

arue

Finished another Persona. Go here for the full explanation, too lazy to write it up here.

Sometimes I feel guilty for how much work I put into characters no one cares about, but then I realize that's kind of the entire point of the project.

I like it, I could see that adult theme that you were going for. Is that a bucket for the persona's head and body on the earlier design?

Two random things: Do you guys think some of the new shadow designs (I'm pretty sure they're new, anyway) seen in PQ will carry over into Persona 5?

I'm pretty sure they're going to use some of the new shadow designs (the non-Alice in Wonderland-themed ones) from PQ to P5.

I agree that ATLUS have been recycling the persona designs for way too long now, but I think they're doing it for consistency. I wouldn't mind a few changes to a more modern designs though.

i don't normally post notebook sketches because i don't... really... make that many these days, but I found this in my old notebook

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjTeTmBCMAA1VqX.jpg:large

Also, nice sketches, Jintor! I don't do traditional media anymore, since Ctrl+Z is my savior.

Great job as always Mamba!

I kind of hope they either ditch the current shadow designs and make some designs truly worthy of how awesome the shadow concept is, or switch up the main enemy type altogether.

arue

Speaking of drawings and sketches...l just remember that I had some WIP of my Zen & Rei and chibi Minato drawings.

I don't know if I'm going to finish them though. Zen and Rei's hands are going to be tough :p

PK Gaming

I can tell that these Persona's are super difficult to create, so you should be commended for creating awesome fan persons (And for making Mayumi look cool, haha) Really dig the lore behind it too; not too many fan Personas have them.

PK Gaming

It's a doodle, though:

Left to right: Fred (P1), Makoto and Clara (P3), Yu (P4)

77d8IgE.gif

Honestly not that bad

P2 IS

King Leo's name is reeeeeeal similar to Tatsuya's.....what the hell....

Aliens and Hitler....this is not what I was expecting

Love how Maya strolls into the detective agency with crazy yellow eyes and a totally different attitude and Yukino is the only one to notice. Stay sharp kids.

Wow, you're at the halfway point. You should try using contacts with Maya.

Acid08

Banned
P2IS is a rather short Persona game, P2EP is a bit longer and has more side content.
Interesting. I guess I'll be at about 30 hours by the time I finish.

Couple IS thoughts:

Funny how Tatsuya's brother is just chillin around doing whatever. I know he's a big character in EP so it's kinda cool to see him.

When you're going around saving the kids in the museum every character gets a turn to comfort the kids. Tatsuya's turn comes and he doesn't say shit but the kids run away anyway. I was about to be mad until Eikichi called him out on it. Thank fuck someone acknowledged that this broody baby can't even talk to children.

I'm excited for the next stretch where it seems some answers will finally, hopefully, be coming. Really curious to know just how all of the characters pasts are related.

I'm also watching the intro every time I boot up the game, it's just so good. The original intro is pretty fantastic too.

Gazoinks

Acid's comments brought up something that I was wondering. (P2EP and IS spoilers)
Did I miss something, or was there never any real significance attributed to Tatsuya Sudou having almost the same name as Tatsuya Suou? It just seems weird that they had such similar names and nothing was really made of it. Am I forgetting something?

Dantis

BjTeTmBCMAA1VqX.jpg:large

Do I spy a Naoto?

Also, nice sketches, Jintor! I don't do traditional media anymore, since Ctrl+Z is my savior.

Yup. Me too. Never do any actual factual sketches now. I should really get back into it.

Speaking of drawings and sketches...l just remember that I had some WIP of my Zen & Rei and chibi Minato drawings.

I don't know if I'm going to finish them though. Zen and Rei's hands are going to be tough :p

Your Zen looks badass!

Please note I did not draw faces or hands or human characteristics because drawing humans is HARD.

Tell me about it. :(

I can tell that these Persona's are super difficult to create, so you should be commended for creating awesome fan persons (And for making Mayumi look cool, haha) Really dig the lore behind it too; not too many fan Personas have them.
Thanks. They are quite a bit harder than the Shadows were, I'll say that. Personas are much more like nonsense monsters but they follow a lot of specific rules that are kind of hard to bring all together.
You can't say that and not show the water pump head idea.
No one needs to see the Parasaurolophus.

Tamanon

Banned
Acid's comments brought up something that I was wondering. (P2EP and IS spoilers)
Did I miss something, or was there never any real significance attributed to Tatsuya Sudou having almost the same name as Tatsuya Suou? It just seems weird that they had such similar names and nothing was really made of it. Am I forgetting something?

Nope, was just weird.

CorvoSol

I'm like twenty hours into 3. I just added a dog to my party and I don't even know what's real anymore. Even compared to 4 this is a weird game.

Koro's pretty cool, but I agree with you whole heartedly.

Persona 1

Made it to the Velvet Room in the SEBEC building. So I guess the singer and the pianist are Igor's assistants this time around? And I guess Igor is freakishly tall and I never realized it? Anyway is there any way to remove a persona from a character once you've accidentally given them that Persona? Cuz I made this Majin Buu Persona and I don't know that I want to be stuck with that the rest of the game.

Koro's pretty cool, but I agree with you whole heartedly.

Persona 1

Made it to the Velvet Room in the SEBEC building. So I guess the singer and the pianist are Igor's assistants this time around? And I guess Igor is freakishly tall and I never realized it? Anyway is there any way to remove a persona from a character once you've accidentally given them that Persona? Cuz I made this Majin Buu Persona and I don't know that I want to be stuck with that the rest of the game.

The singer and the pianist are the ones playing that famous velvet room song in every single game. In case you haven't found out yet, that butterfly man is Igor's boss. Yes you can remove Personas from a person, but I think it MAY require your persona loadout for a character to be full, you can also switch that Majin Buu Persona from person to person if you gave it to the wrong Persona.

HERE IS A QUESTION FOR YOU CORVO. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW THE TWO EASY TO GET PERSONAS THAT BREAK THIS GAME WIDE OPEN?

Levito

Banned
It's been awhile, but that podcast thinger is back...

(Click title card for link)

Our old rivals from the Cathedral Of Shadows podcast are back for round 2, and this time, everything is legal. In the 28th Episode of S.Link FM, we discuss Soul Hackers, Persona 4 Golden’s changes, difficulty in games, and how Persona 5 should be made by John Carmack for maximum graphics. We stray a little off topic at times this episode, but it’s all good discussion.

Acid08

Banned
Corvo, just know that (P1):
the things Buddha will be telling you make the combat very easy but also pretty boring.

CorvoSol

The singer and the pianist are the ones playing that famous velvet room song in every single game. In case you haven't found out yet, that butterfly man is Igor's boss. Yes you can remove Personas from a person, but I think it MAY require your persona loadout for a character to be full, you can also switch that Majin Buu Persona from person to person if you gave it to the wrong Persona.

HERE IS A QUESTION FOR YOU CORVO. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW THE TWO EASY TO GET PERSONAS THAT BREAK THIS GAME WIDE OPEN?

Yeah sure, I think PK told me but I've forgotten so go for it. Also how do I trade Personas from person to person in the party?

Corvo, just know that (P1):
the things Buddha will be telling you make the combat very easy but also pretty boring.

Normally my project in a Persona game is to focus on making the main guy's Persona a game breaker next time through, but since Seimen Kongu just "MAXD" I guess that's a no go. May as well have some kind of goal or strategy here.

Yeah sure, I think PK told me but I've forgotten so go for it. Also how do I trade Personas from person to person in the party?

Normally my project in a Persona game is to focus on making the main guy's Persona a game breaker next time through, but since Seimen Kongu just "MAXD" I guess that's a no go. May as well have some kind of goal or strategy here.

You will want to fuse
Judgement Phaleg (Who unfortunately works best on Elly :( ) and Chariot Gozu-Tennoh. Having Mediarama and Megidola so early in the game (level 18) is stupid broken.

Meia

I believe you have to have another persona to equip on a character first, so they always have one equipped. Then you take that one off, and slap it on someone else. Just keep in mind affinity is important, or else even the simplest of spells will cost almost your whole SP bar.

BTW, I had gone with Reiji or whatever his name was as a member, but was sorely disappointed with him. With him, there was too many people to fit on the front line comfortably to melee...

PK Gaming

It's yet another similarity between the 2 characters. They already share the same element, zodiac sign, Persona, weapon, and they both have ties to Maya.

It's why players should always keep Tatsuya's default name!

I believe you have to have another persona to equip on a character first, so they always have one equipped. Then you take that one off, and slap it on someone else. Just keep in mind affinity is important, or else even the simplest of spells will cost almost your whole SP bar.

BTW, I had gone with Reiji or whatever his name was as a member, but was sorely disappointed with him. With him, there was too many people to fit on the front line comfortably to melee...

Reiji's true specialty is demon negotiation. He has, by far, the most chance to get positive responses from demons. His Persona pool is the most limited, but the ones he gets are the strongest Personas. You don't really need to use Reiji as melee because his range is pitiful.

Meia

Reiji's true specialty is demon negotiation. He has, by far, the most chance to get positive responses from demons. His Persona pool is the most limited, but the ones he gets are the strongest Personas. You don't really need to use Reiji as melee because his range is pitiful.

That's interesting, as I know I never once used him to negotiate ever. I had the character, but never used what was best about him. :p

Our old rivals from the Cathedral Of Shadows podcast are back for round 2, and this time, everything is legal. In the 28th Episode of S.Link FM, we discuss Soul Hackers, Persona 4 Golden’s changes, difficulty in games, and how Persona 5 should be made by John Carmack for maximum graphics. We stray a little off topic at times this episode, but it’s all good discussion.

Hell yeah, a new SLinkFM episode. I was wondering when you guys would upload another installment. I'll listen to this whilst i do some artwork.

Thanks Levito and co.

Trigger

Neato!

Top Bottom