• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Rnr1224

I've decided that im gonna go for the platinum for P4G. can anyone give me some tips for the risette's biggest fan trophy? seems like the only one that will be somewhat difficult

Hey guys it's Chie
Mako_Mankanshoku_Profile.png

Just kidding

Gazoinks

Wait wait, Carrie is a demon in P1? This game has such a bizarre collection of enemies.

EDIT: And now I'm fighting
a robot rat tank.

a giant eye in the sky is by no means persona's invention

Sure, but there's also the fact that SK looks so similar to
the robe Izanami wears during the final boss battle in P4.

It probably wasn't an intentional reference to P4, but it'd be pretty sweet if it was.

I've decided that im gonna go for the platinum for P4G. can anyone give me some tips for the risette's biggest fan trophy? seems like the only one that will be somewhat difficult

I've said it before, but make sure EVERYONE (Including you) dies at some point. Analyse every enemy you come across and make sure each character gets knock downs of different numbers. Rise has a lot of lines so keep mixing things up and you'll get it. I got the trophy maybe halfway through NG+

FluxWaveZ

Looks like it's airing at Midnight JST, or 11am EDT today. Or tomorrow.

That's what I had initially thought based on "March 27 @ 24:00", but that'd mean it would be in about an hour. Heh, that'd be pretty short notice (especially since they haven't displayed it on the site) and I can't see a link for episode 2. Maybe it wouldn't be live this time around or something, but I wouldn't expect that.

Rnr1224

I've said it before, but make sure EVERYONE (Including you) dies at some point. Analyse every enemy you come across and make sure each character gets knock downs of different numbers. Rise has a lot of lines so keep mixing things up and you'll get it. I got the trophy maybe halfway through NG+

ok thanks for the tips!

pan-hime

That's what I had initially thought based on "March 27 @ 24:00", but that'd mean it would be in about an hour. Heh, that'd be pretty short notice (especially since they haven't displayed it on the site) and I can't see a link for episode 2. Maybe it wouldn't be live this time around or something, but I wouldn't expect that.
I'm gonna guess it's tomorrow because 24:00 is possibly an extension for thursday's time. I've seen stuff like this before, very confusing.

FluxWaveZ

I'm gonna guess it's tomorrow because 24:00 is possibly an extension for thursday's time. I've seen stuff like this before, very confusing.

This would be my assumption also.

Yeah, that's what I thought it would be in the end as well, so it's the most likely guess. Friday makes more sense than Thursday for the show, anyways.

Which I guess means that the Kanji and Koromaru PQ videos might not happen this week.

Dantis

That seems to be the way it's going, yeah. I guess we have three weeks of character videos left after this, then.

I'll be interested to see if they finally move onto the next game after that.

FluxWaveZ

That seems to be the way it's going, yeah. I guess we have three weeks of character videos left after this, then.

I'll be interested to see if they finally move onto the next game after that.

My prediction a while back was mostly PQ with a bit of P4AU in March and quite a bit of P4AU media in April along with the regular amount of PQ. I'll stick with it, and say that the P4AU stuff will start beginning with the Taito tournament finals this Saturday.

They might continue to do those weekly PQ character videos after the first set is done since there are those individual second character videos on the website page, as well.

Jinto

Finished FES last night. Took me well over 100 hrs. This game consumed my life for the last 2 weeks. The story turned out to be pretty cliche, but it was well told. The best part by far were the characters.

The battle system ended up being pretty deep, if not a little frustrating. Nothing sucks more than wasting a few hrs grinding in Tartarus only to meet the Reaper for the first time or some other enemy who would knock your MC character down and destroy your whole party. Sadly, that happened more than a few times. The Persona system was cool, even if it started out being a little confusing, and ended up being a lot of trial and error.

I finished most of the S-Links. The only ones I didn't finish were the girls', besides Mitsuru. I didn't wanna cheat on her. Other than Mitsuru, my favorite links were
Akinari and Maya

I'm so glad I finally decided to jump into this series. Everyone who recommended this game to me as a starting point were correct. It's now one of my favorite games ever. I'm debating whether I should start Persona 4 Golden right away, or play something else in between. Should I even bother with the Answer?

Meia

Um....there's still a spot on every character's page for a second trailer, isn't there? Guessing it'll be "class" trailers, but I doubt character trailers are all they're going to do in this format.

Omikaru

I'm so glad I finally decided to jump into this series. Everyone who recommended this game to me as a starting point were correct. It's now one of my favorite games ever. I'm debating whether I should start Persona 4 Golden right away, or play something else in between. Should I even bother with the Answer?

Glad you enjoyed it.

In regards to The Answer: It's a pretty hard post-game thing. It helps you understand Persona 3's ending a bit better, if you wanted more clarity, and you get to see how the characters deal with the aftermath of that ending. I thought it was pretty good
when I watched the videos of it on YouTube AND THERE'S NO SHAME IN THAT
. If you really can't be arsed dealing with it, that may be an option.

As for P4G, really, if you're craving more Persona then jump right in. Personally I'd play something else in-between to kinda cleanse the palette, but that's just because I find the Persona games to be massive time investments, and to do 200+ hours of the same gameplay is too big an ask for me, even if P3 and P4 are two of my favourite games ever made.

Glad you enjoyed it.

In regards to The Answer: It's a pretty hard post-game thing. It helps you understand Persona 3's ending a bit better, if you wanted more clarity, and you get to see how the characters deal with the aftermath of that ending. I thought it was pretty good

As for P4G, really, if you're craving more Persona then jump right in. Personally I'd play something else in-between to kinda cleanse the palette, but that's just because I find the Persona games to be massive time investments, and to do 200+ hours of the same gameplay is too big an ask for me, even if P3 and P4 are two of my favourite games ever made.

That's what I did and I didn't regret it one bit. Of course, on playing P3, I ended up taking a two week vacation without being able to touch P3 once partway through (which simply increased my cravings for it) and then coming back, and powering through P3 and P4 on the rest of my summer vacation.

So what are the odds that Persona Q will also get a Vita release?
I'm not port begging, I'm honestly wondering. Seems like the Persona fan base is mostly there

Dantis

So what are the odds that Persona Q will also get a Vita release?
I'm not port begging, I'm honestly wondering. Seems like the Persona fan base is mostly there

I think the chances are higher of PQ being ported than any other currently announced or released Persona game (Except maybe P5?).

On the other hand, the chances still aren't that high.

Jinto

Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks, I didn't even think of watching the Answer on YT. I thought the Journey was pretty complete as is.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna play something completely different before jumping into P4G, since by all accounts that game is even better. Most likely Bayonetta or Tomb Raider DE.

Levito

Banned
Persona Q on the Vita I guess could work if you used the touchscreen to draw maps and whatnot. Though it's pretty unlikely that it would get ported.

How exactly does "drawing" work in Etrian Odyssey?

Persona Q on the Vita I guess could work if you used the touchscreen to draw maps and whatnot. Though it's pretty unlikely that it would get ported.

You draw lines etc with the screen below, drag premade icons etc like these:
eo4_screens_launch_02.jpg
large.jpg

eoiv_pt_02_thumb.jpg

Still can't believe they haven't released any images of Persona 5 T-T, guess they just wanna hype Q as much as they can first.

Meia

The "map" is a grid, and the places you explore are all grid based. You move a square, the square gets colored in, then you can draw lines for the borders of the square(if you're in a corridor, for example). There's also like 50 icons you can put that you can use for anything you want to, warp tiles, damage floors, one way/two way shortcuts, etc(can also change the coloring of the floor square by square if you want to further denote something, like ice floors). The better your maps, the easier time you'll have going back to the same dungeon if you have to(and you almost always have to).

Basically, whenever you're in a dungeon, you'll NEED a second screen to always show the map. A vita version can only work I guess if they cut the screen in half, but with no stylus, meh.

Perfect, the above last image is how it'd look on your 3DS, with the top screen and the FOE first person dungeon crawl, with the bottom being the full map.

Omikaru

You could probably take map drawing out of any hypothetical Vita release and just use the automapping feature. I know a lot of you are nostalgic for the old RPGs where you drew your maps on paper and shit, but I for one wouldn't care. Map drawing is the first thing I switch off the second I get Persona Q.

That said, the game probably isn't coming to Vita. Nintendo seem reasonably keen to keep it on 3DS, what with the Persona Q console design, while Atlus seem interested in expanding Persona to other audiences. The hardcore fans, on the most part, will buy a 3DS for the game if they don't already have one, so it makes no sense to dilute sales of the 3DS version by porting it to Vita when they can have all the Persona fans + Nintendo-only users on the one platform.

If the game bombs I suppose they could port it to Vita since that system has a proven audience of Persona fans, but is that really going to happen?

What's going on with p-ch?

When I try to enter it, I get a white screen with this message: "failed db connections."

I'm guessing that today is a maintanence day for the site. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Top Bottom