• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

pan-hime

Anything interesting in it?
What's the PSC about?
this:
pmTkInR.gif

CorvoSol

Finally fused Phaleg in P1. And some nifty World Persona that I can't use for another 5 levels or so. And I recruited Reiji at long, long last.

I gotta say, Reiji's initial persona is hands down the coolest persona I've seen in the game so far. Thing looks flipping rad.

Meanwhile, Phil proved that
no matter how cool he is, his main role is still to proved JRPG directions so he told me to get "the expel mirror." Which sounds like something straight out of Dragon Quest.
And is it just me or
does Izanagi no Okami look a fair amount like Philemon
?

FluxWaveZ

Heh, well great. Guessing it was the usual shenanigans then and, since it's a talk show, it's only natural. There still might be some new Persona Q videos this time, though, since it happened so early on a Friday instead of 9 PM JST like last time.

Next up is the Taito tournament finals tomorrow. For that one, I hope we get something good since at least something was teased (though teases for these things can end up being pretty poor, like that "new" P4D screenshot for PSC episode 1).

Well, the Answer was pretty underwhelming. After watching it just now, I'm glad I didn't play through the whole thing. Reminded me of a bad filler episode.

I like The Answer better than The Journey rip

Also reminding people that Yosuke Week started but he is worse than dead, forgotten ;_;

Just beat The Journey in FES.

That ending was incredibly depressing, doubly so when combined with all the Social Link epilogues that preceded it. Made me feel really bad for some of them, especially the girls I had been roping along; Yukari, Mitsuru, Chihiro. And Toriumi and Maiko, I guess. Toriumi's final scene was pretty good, actually, though I kind of wish you got to see how she would react after she had calmed down. Akinari's was the best though.

I hadn't been spoiled about the ending prior, but I had a feeling something was up, because I knew you didn't play as the protagonist in The Answer and I know he is suspiciously absent in Arena. Still, ended up being more depressing than I thought it'd be, just in the way that they don't really show it. You don't get to see the characters moving on afterwards. Like, there's this lingering dread. I suppose I still have The Answer to go through though.

Poor Ken hardly appeared in the ending at all. Is it possible to meet him at all in those last few days? Koromaru is at the shrine, and Akihiko at least appears in the finale.

One thing I'm not clear on at all is their missing memories for that month. Yukari and Mitsuru's S.Links (and probably Fuuka's as well, but I didn't finish that one) would be completely and entirely nonsensical for them without any of the Dark Hour memories. And why did they not question why they were all living together in that dorm? That part of the story really doesn't work at all, and that gap in logic kind of ruined Yukari and Mitsuru's epilogues for me. Like, they should be meaningless.

And what happened to Takaya in the end, anyway? He just... disappeared. And Chidori, there was no conclusion to that arc at all. She just... came back to life, that's it.

Kinda wish I hadn't leveled up so much in Monad, because Nyx Avatar was hardly a fight at all for me.

Overall I would say it's easily a weaker game than P4 in nearly every aspect, but I definitely appreciate its importance and can only imagine how revelatory it was when it came out.

I like The Answer better than The Journey rip

Also reminding people that Yosuke Week started but he is worse than dead, forgotten ;_;

Nvr 4gt.
On a serious note, just finished my drawing earlier today, I'm at work now but I'll scan and upload as soon as I can.
I'm actually pretty proud of this one.

Another day, another Golfer.
Ne8IU8a.png

9hpv0XN.png

I can just picture him now telling me to, "Get Bent!"
It's everyone's lovable Kanji! Sure at first glance you might think he doesn't care, but deep down, you know he's an avid golfer. Did he steal that putter from a mini golf course?!?
He's a real powerhouse, but can't really drive it straight. He's an ace when it comes to putting though.

Rise Kujikawa makes her debut next.

PK Gaming

Ne8IU8a.png

It's everyone's lovable Kanji! Sure at first glance you might think he doesn't care, but deep down, you know he's an avid golfer. Did he steal that putter from a mini golf course?!?
He's a real powerhouse, but can't really drive it straight. He's an ace when it comes to putting though.

Good stuff!

That description is the best one so far. It's really starting to come together. Like, I can actually fully picture a P4 style golfing spinoff game now!

Leave it to Kanji to (not) dress for the occasion

Acid08

Banned
Ne8IU8a.png

I imagine Kanji being like Happy Gilmore(attitude-wise) out there.

Dantis

Ne8IU8a.png

These are so hilarious. Well done!

Do a good job with Rise

Or else

:p

I hope he does a really bad job of it, just to upset you.

Why do you think that P3 The Journey is the weakest persona game?

Bad pacing, underdeveloped characters, ideas that are not implemented well or correctly, bad antagonists, just one dungeon, calendar system is not that good and can actually be bad, making events and boss appearance times predictable and boring, (P4 didn't actually fix this but they changed the way the deadlines work for the better) HAVE I MENTIONED THE BAD PACING WHERE THERE ARE LONG STRETCHES OF NOTHING HAPPENING. The Answer removed the calendar and the game could be generally played like a Megaten game, where as P4 is basically The Journey done right.

I did eventually grow to like it though! I like all the Persona games, I just feel like The Journey is the weakest part of it!

kewlmyc

Ne8IU8a.png

Always kills me the way Kanji dresses, yet he wears such classy shoes. Good job.

arue

Poor Ken hardly appeared in the ending at all. Is it possible to meet him at all in those last few days? Koromaru is at the shrine, and Akihiko at least appears in the finale.

Ken is in the school gate area, he's on the left side the entrance near the stairs.

Congrats on finishing the Journey, Mamba. Hopefully you'll get to play P3P someday because FeMC's social links provide lots backstory for the SEES members.

You can also watch the P3P social links on youtube if you don't have a PSP.

Those muscles~ I like the style of your drawing, I could tell that your style is influenced by K-On! (or Kyoto Animation).

Andrefpvs

I think I can answer some of your points, let's see:

I hadn't been spoiled about the ending prior, but I had a feeling something was up, because I knew you didn't play as the protagonist in The Answer and I know he is suspiciously absent in Arena. Still, ended up being more depressing than I thought it'd be, just in the way that they don't really show it. You don't get to see the characters moving on afterwards. Like, there's this lingering dread. I suppose I still have The Answer to go through though.

To find out what happens next and
how the P3 characters have moved on
, the games to play are P3 The Answer -> P4 Arena -> P4 Arena Ultimax

One thing I'm not clear on at all is their missing memories for that month. Yukari and Mitsuru's S.Links (and probably Fuuka's as well, but I didn't finish that one) would be completely and entirely nonsensical for them without any of the Dark Hour memories. And why did they not question why they were all living together in that dorm? That part of the story really doesn't work at all, and that gap in logic kind of ruined Yukari and Mitsuru's epilogues for me. Like, they should be meaningless.

Well,
their Social Links take place outside of the Dark Hour, so those memories (minus Personas & Shadows references) would still be there. Other than that, what happens during February is indeed very vague.

And what happened to Takaya in the end, anyway? He just... disappeared. And Chidori, there was no conclusion to that arc at all. She just... came back to life, that's it.

Takaya's fate is never revealed, though it is implied he died. If he didn't die at the top of Tartarus, he wouldn't have much time left to live anyway, because he was seriously addicted to the Persona suppressing drug, and any withdrawal will cause his Persona to kill him.

In the original P3, Chidori stays dead. Her being revived is an added extra that FES introduced (optional, if you don't talk to Junpei at a few certain points she'll remain dead). The revival scene, as a result, feels very tacked on. It's safe to assume that the canon outcome is her being dead, since she never appears again in the series.

FluxWaveZ

It's safe to assume that the canon outcome is her being dead, since she never appears again in the series.

Not just that but
one of Junpei's win quotes in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax straight up implies she's dead. Also, his crucifix necklace seems to be a reference to Chidori.

Ken is in the school gate area, he's on the left side the entrance near the stairs.

Congrats on finishing the Journey, Mamba. Hopefully you'll get to play P3P someday because FeMC's social links provide lots backstory for the SEES members.

You can also watch the P3P social links on youtube if you don't have a PSP.
Oh, then I feel bad for missing him. Is Akihiko present in the school at all?

I think I'll probably just look up the social links on Youtube. I don't know if I have it in me to play through P3 again.

To find out what happens next and
how the P3 characters have moved on
, the games to play are P3 The Answer -> P4 Arena -> P4 Arena Ultimax
Yeah, kinda figured.

Well,
their Social Links take place outside of the Dark Hour, so those memories (minus Personas & Shadows references) would still be there. Other than that, what happens during February is indeed very vague.
I think it's more just the nature of the loss of memories just makes all of their friendships nonsensical. The game tries to bring it up, but just makes it feel weirder. Like... how did Junpei not notice that Aigis lived in the dorm for an entire month? She seems pretty hard to miss, especially considering there are like seven or so other people in the entire building.

Takaya's fate is never revealed, though it is implied he died. If he didn't die at the top of Tartarus, he wouldn't have much time left to live anyway, because he was seriously addicted to the Persona suppressing drug, and any withdrawal will cause his Persona to kill him.

In the original P3, Chidori stays dead. Her being revived is an added extra that FES introduced (optional, if you don't talk to Junpei at a few certain points she'll remain dead). The revival scene, as a result, feels very tacked on. It's safe to assume that the canon outcome is her being dead, since she never appears again in the series.
Oh, Takaya doesn't even appear in the Answer? It's like the game just kinda wanted you to forget about him at that point.

And didn't know that about Chidori. That might explain why her voice sounded so different in that scene, outside of even a change in personality.

arue

Almost didn't recognize Arue with the avatar change, was getting ready to greet a new person!

Hehe I just finished Super Dangan Ronpa 2 and she's my favorite character in the whole DR series.

Oh, then I feel bad for missing him. Is Akihiko present in the school at all?

I think I'll probably just look up the social links on Youtube. I don't know if I have it in me to play through P3 again.

Akihiko is in the garden where the persimmon tree is.

Akihiko is in the garden where the persimmon tree is.
Is that only on the second day? Because I could have swore I checked everywhere on the first day. I didn't realize there were going to be more than one day so I checked and checked and checked everywhere on the first for all the S.Links (Tanaka vexed me so). I blew through the second day like nothing.

arue

Is that only on the second day? Because I could have swore I checked everywhere on the first day. I didn't realize there were going to be more than one day so I checked and checked and checked everywhere on the first for all the S.Links (Tanaka vexed me so). I blew through the second day like nothing.

That's weird, I remember seeing him on the first day. I didn't see anyone on the second day because I met all of them on the first day.

Basically, all of the S.Links should be available on the first day.

That's weird, I remember seeing him on the first day. I didn't see anyone on the second day because I met all of them on the first day.

Basically, all of the S.Links should be available on the first day.

Well.. yeah, but Akihiko isn't a Social Link in FES.

Ne8IU8a.png

The idea of Kanji playing golf is really amusing. Anyways, it looks great. Can't wait for you to draw Rise.

Bad pacing, underdeveloped characters, ideas that are not implemented well or correctly, bad antagonists, just one dungeon, calendar system is not that good and can actually be bad, making events and boss appearance times predictable and boring, (P4 didn't actually fix this but they changed the way the deadlines work for the better) HAVE I MENTIONED THE BAD PACING WHERE THERE ARE LONG STRETCHES OF NOTHING HAPPENING. The Answer removed the calendar and the game could be generally played like a Megaten game, where as P4 is basically The Journey done right.

I did eventually grow to like it though! I like all the Persona games, I just feel like The Journey is the weakest part of it!

Fair enough.

Caladrius

Ne8IU8a.png

The best Persona 4 character naturally gets the best picture. Very nice.

Wow Rude-chan

You called?

Now that I've finally beat P3 I can finally look at that "How Not to Play Persona 3" image everyone always brings up and I have to say it is the best thing ever.

Trigger

If anyone hasn't tried it. Digital Devil Saga 1/2 OST is awesome for background music while having to focus on something.

lol, I can't focus with that soundtrack on because it simply makes me too hyped. The boss and battle themes from DDS are just amaaazing. A Persona game with an OST of that style would end me.

CorvoSol

Persona 5 will be all industrial/country western mashups imo.

At one point in Persona 5 the cast walks into a bar and the barmaid will say "Oh we like both kinds of music here. Country and Western."

If Persona 5 ripped off the Blues Brothers I would not mind one wit.

Top Bottom