• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Ah I thought you were talking about Japan only. Would still be surprised if it hit 500k. I think 200-250k in Japan and 80-100k in the US is more likely. LOL Europe.

I agree, LOL at Europe, and that's coming from someone that lives in the UK.

Hopefully SEGA publish all the Atlus games from now on. Then again we're still waiting for SMT4 :/

Squire

Banned
I think P4D will the top selling spin-off. The game screams $$$ to me and the fanbase is on Vita; We know that.

That said, it'll be interesting to see PQ release and potentially reveal how much of that base also has a 3DS. Nothing to speak of get though, so my money's on P4D.

Blame Nintendo. It's going to be hilarious if they try to pick up PQ too.

What did Nintendo do?

I think P4D will the top selling spin-off. The game screams $$$ to me and the fanbase is on Vita; We know that.

That said, it'll be interesting to see PQ release and potentially reveal how much of that base also has a 3DS. Nothing to speak of get though, so my money's on P4D.

I would really love to see Dancing All Night game on the ps3 aswell

>Vita game being the top selling spin-off

I dunno, as much as I like P4DAN, I can't see it.

I think PQ will sell more because it's a RPG and it's on 3DS. Dancing games are super niche and it's pretty much impossible to expand the persona audience using that genre while PQ could pick up some people who were interested in Persona but never owned the platform. Both are fan service but P4D is aimed at the super Persona hardcore fan.

>Vita game being the top selling spin-off

I dunno, as much as I like P4DAN, I can't see it.

P4G is the best selling game Atlus has ever made(as far as we know), being on Vita isn't a bad thing.

What did Nintendo do?l
They are publishing it in Europe iirc. My theory is that there is going to be some kind of Maniax version of SMT IV so they opted out publishing the vanilla version for the enhanced version :lol.

I mean animu waifu fans getting the last laugh from the top selling spin off being a dancing idol game because then we have become the anime

Thatsthejoke.jpg

Sophia

He is, but I'd still prefer an actual person in my party.

Dantis confirmed for hater of dogs because they're apparently not actual people. You monster. :<

Koromaru subtitles done~

If there's a god in heaven, I'll be able to rest peacefully for a while now that all of the main people from 3 and 4 have been covered in these videos. ;___;

.... you realize you're talking about Atlus, right?

yhvhhxz43.gif

arue

Noob question. What is this week of "insert character"?

Also, what is Persona 4 Golfing all day? I have to say, the name is very catchy. :)

I'm sure Buddha and Chet know more than I do, but here's what they're basically about:

*Insert character name* Week is a weekly event where PersonaGAF create art for a specific character. We did Akihiko and Labrys already. This week it's Yosuke Week. Once the week is over (usually on Monday/Tuesday), Buddha will post the list of art we contributed for that week.

P4 Golfing All Day is Chet's art project where she (or he?) draws persona 4 characters as if they're in a golfing game.

I'm sure Buddha and Chet know more than I do, but here's what they're basically about:

*Insert character name* Week is a weekly event where PersonaGAF create art for a specific character. We did Akihiko and Labrys already. This week it's Yosuke Week. Once the week is over (usually on Monday/Tuesday), Buddha will post the list of art we contributed for that week.

P4 Golfing All Day is Chet's art project where she (or he?) draws persona 4 characters as if they're in a golfing game.

Ahhh, awesome. Ill see if I can come up with a Yosuke pic.

cjkeats

I only have 2, so I'll grab that one for the sake of the collection.
Didn't they mention before that the ps3's ps2 emulator didn't work right with Raidou?

Dantis

Id expect Q to to reach 500-550k+ mark in sales. Ultimax, probably 250-300k.

Whats the difference in release date between the two?

The chances of Ultimax selling more than Arena (Even just 50k more) seem very low to me.

I think it will be about 150k.

OMG.

Will buy. I had to borrow a copy off my friend because it's so rare here, and the bastard wouldn't sell it to me.

FluxWaveZ

The chances of Ultimax selling more than Arena (Even just 50k more) seem very low to me.

I think it will be about 150k.

We're talking about lifetime sales, right? P4A most likely exceeded 150k just in Japan, and I'd be very surprised if Persona Q didn't do better than it.

And I'm not sure if P4AU is really going to do worst than P4A. I'd have to see fighting game sequel sales trends, but I feel there are certain factors that will ensure it having a success similar to that of its predecessor.

Cool news. I don't know if I'll be picking it up immediately, though. Might wait for a sale or something.

Dantis

We're talking about lifetime sales, right? P4A most likely exceeded 150k just in Japan, and I'd be very surprised if Persona Q didn't do better than it.

And I'm not sure if P4AU is really going to do worst than P4A. I'd have to see fighting game sequel sales trends, but I feel there are certain things that will ensure it having a success similar to that of its predecessor.

I never mentioned PQ, haha! I think that will sell excellently.

Absolutely convinced that Ultimax will sell worse than Arena.

FluxWaveZ

I never mentioned PQ, haha! I think that will sell excellently.

Absolutely convinced that Ultimax will sell worse than Arena.

Oh sorry, I guess you were referring to P4AU for the predicted 150k number, then.

If it's worse, I can't see it being that much worse. Shadow characters, certain returning characters, the nature of the story, competitive people moving from P4A to P4AU as a natural evolution, the fact that this game is now combined with Japan's "year of Persona" and whatever else we might not know about it make me think it will do pretty well compared to the first game.

Dantis

Oh sorry, I guess you were referring to P4AU for the predicted 150k number, then.

If it's worse, I can't see it being that much worse. Shadow characters, certain returning characters, the nature of the story, competitive people moving from P4A to P4AU as a natural evolution, the fact that this game is now combined with Japan's "year of Persona" and whatever else we might not know about it make me think it will do pretty well compared to the first game.
We'll see, I guess!

Hype for P5 might increase sales, but I don't think anything else you listed will do. I don't think many people will care about things like Shadow characters outside of the hardcore.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think many people will care about things like Shadow characters outside of the hardcore.

I mean in terms of aesthetics, not mechanics. Most hardcore people would only care about them for what they lend to the gameplay, but I mean the fact that they're included at all and are part of the story. Not a big deal by itself, but it's just another element that would appeal to Persona fans in general.

Top Bottom