• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junpei was, like, the only one not invited to the party.

This is actually really sad. They invited Ken but not one of the original five members of SEES who showed the most combat aptitude out of all of the newbies? I know Japan hates him for some reason, but wow. Hopefully his reaching the top of the tower first is canonical so that he can be thrown the most minuscule of bones.

Nice! Great work.

This is actually really sad. They invited Ken but not one of the original five members of SEES who showed the most combat aptitude out of all of the newbies? I know Japan hates him for some reason, but wow. Hopefully his reaching the top of the tower first is canonical so that he can be thrown the most minuscule of bones.

He could have ignored the request for help because of his game, but that'd make him an asshole.

Caladrius

Hm, well there aren't really that many actual P3/P4 characters to choose from anymore, right? The remaining main SEES and IT people are all there.

A P4A-3 would be nice, though I don't know if that'll happen. I guess they didn't outright reject the option when they said that this is the end of the "P-1 Grand Prix saga", and Kazuhisa Wada's words combined with P4A's commercial and critical success, along with the potential for it being a third "ASW pillar", does make the possibility of a sequel likely. Depends on how well P4AU does (I have a feeling it'll do pretty good).

We still don't have playable antagonists besides Sho and the shadows, and we're missing quite a few supporting characters. (P3 and P4 spoilers)
Adachi and the maybe-dead-maybe-alive members of Strega are the most obvious ones.
They could also use Marie, another of the velvet room attendants and if they really want to stretch, Dojima.

And of course more original characters.

As you said, it ultimately comes down to money, and if they have to they'll make it happen somehow.

FluxWaveZ

We still don't have playable antagonists besides Sho and the shadows

There are more playable antagonists than there are playable good guys.

(P3 and P4 spoilers)
Adachi and the maybe-dead-maybe-alive members of Strega are the most obvious ones.
They could also use Marie, another of the velvet room attendants and if they really want to stretch, Dojima.

See, I can't see any of the characters you listed realistically happening, outside of maybe Marie and
Adachi
. It depends on how they want to convey the story, though, but (P3 spoilers)
Strega isn't relevant anymore, and I think they're all dead anyways
and Atlus already laughed their asses off at ASW for even suggesting Dojima, because it really is a stupid idea. The ones that come to mind are: Makoto, Margaret, Marie,
Adachi
... and that's about it. Not too much to base a sequel off of, if it would stick with the P3/P4 thing.

So, what do you guys think Rise, Ken, and Koro's two Persona character reference colors are? One of Koro's will obviously be the Fox. I kind of feel like one of Ken's should be Tatsuya.

Do they already have someone with a Lisa color?

Damn, you're fast, Dantis. That's really good.

Also, I can't wait for them to release a cool wallpaper with the whole cast.

Dantis

Cheers guys!

It's probably lucky that they haven't said if they're region locking it yet. The way I'm feeling at the moment, I could just go and preorder it right here and now.

Cheers guys!

It's probably lucky that they haven't said if they're region locking it yet. The way I'm feeling at the moment, I could just go and preorder it right here and now.

Did the Japanese P4A have English menus when you switched the language over? I heard each region got an identical version.

Marche90

Not gonna lie: I like Ken's (and Koromaru's) new look. If Atlus plays they cards right, we could have a Raiden-like situation
Okay, Maybe I'm stretching it

And wow, that was fast, Dantis! Nonetheless, impressive!

Levito

Banned
That's a quick turnaround, nice work Dantis.

Yo Levit0, whens slink out? Need something to listen to whilst drawing this afternoon.

Wont be up till this evening or tomorrow morning. I've been way overworked between my job, school, and my workouts with my personal trainer. This weekend I kind of broke down and just did nothing but play Dark Souls 2 simply because I was so exhausted.

pan-hime

I'm interested to see what tarot card the duo will be represented by.
image.php

fuck damn it.

Wont be up till this evening or tomorrow morning. I've been way overworked between my job, school, and my workouts with my personal trainer. This weekend I kind of broke down and just did nothing but play Dark Souls 2 simply because I was so exhausted.

No worries man. Hope you're feeling better.

As boss as Ken looks, he has a naginata.

So long, sweet Minako.

Thats a spear, not a naginata, naginata's have a single curved blade.

CAN I HAVE A KAZUYA/PASCAL COLOR FOR THEM PLS...I know that wont happen :(

oh and pls give Naoto a damn Raidou Kuzunoha the 14th color for the love of YHWH

Lunar15

It's the same reason Kanji didn't get invited to Junes in P4A: Butt Monkey jokes.

I bet it will turn out to be the reason they didnt contact Junpei was that he was supposed to meet up with his baseball kids and Mitsuru didn't want to ruin his time with them....maybe.

kewlmyc

Well, I mean the difference is that this makes sense. With Raiden they basically created a whole new character.

True. The change isn't drastic like it was with Raiden, but most people's reactions seems similar. Like they hated him originally, but give him a new design, and bam people like him now.

To think, all they had to do to Ken so he would be liked by the community was make him a bishounen.

Caladrius

His hair is really, really stupid though.

It'd look perfectly fine without those weird bits of long hair behind his ears. Otherwise I like the design.

To think, all they had to do to Ken so he would be liked by the community was make him a bishounen.

To be fair you can pull this off on 85% of all male anime characters.

There are more playable antagonists than there are playable good guys.

See, I can't see any of the characters you listed realistically happening, outside of maybe Marie and
Adachi
. It depends on how they want to convey the story, though, but (P3 spoilers)
Strega isn't relevant anymore, and I think they're all dead anyways
and Atlus already laughed their asses off at ASW for even suggesting Dojima, because it really is a stupid idea. The ones that come to mind are: Makoto, Margaret, Marie,
Adachi
... and that's about it. Not too much to base a sequel off of, if it would stick with the P3/P4 thing.

With the exception of the two Shos and Shadow Labrys the rest are semi-clones. While the mechanical changes effectively make them different characters at high-level play, they're aesthetically almost identical, so I don't really consider them full characters so much as I do variants of the previously existing ones.

I can see the problems with a lot of the potential choices, but you already outlined 4 viable newcomers. While it's not likely to introduce dramatic additions on the level Ultimax is that would effectively double the cast, it still wouldn't take that much reaching to stick one or two other characters in the mix (and of course the obligatory original character) to make enough for a sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom