• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sophia

Does Persona Q have floor jump like EOU?

Does it also have full auto mapping? (Mapping out walls just like in EOU)...

Auto-mapping is definitely in. They talked about it extensively for those who don't care for EO-style mapping. Dunno about floor jumping but I wouldn't be surprised.

So all of the main personas evolves in one quest? Wow. Will Koro and Shiji make sense... since they never had evolved personas in P3

No, they don't immediately evolve after beating the quest. A character has to reach level 55 for his/her persona to evolve. Koro and Shinji don't have evolutions per se, but they still get their personas upgraded at 55.

Does Persona Q have floor jump like EOU?

Does it also have full auto mapping? (Mapping out walls just like in EOU)...

Not quite like in EOU, you can't warp to interim floors, and you can't use it when you're in the middle of the dungeon. You can only warp to the very latest floor you have reached, when you're beginning an expedition. In that regard I guess it's like P4?

There is an automap function, but I didn't use it so I have no idea how much it does for you.

Nachos

I can't believe it's been that long since we formed the community, in any case. Cheers, guys.
Happy belated birthday!

Also, PersonaGAF had some impeccable artists. I don't think I could possibly pick a fav–
MlN2IF0.gif
Yeah, I'm not worthy.

Persona 4 The Ultimax: Ultra Suplex Hold |OT| Art is a Backdrop
I still hold that Bobobo is one of Shonen Jump's best series. There had to be so many Japanese puns list in translation, but the series had a charm to it, beyond it not having much rhyme or reason.

I have question regarding PQ, and this probably would be considered as spoilers. Although it's more about the game's mechanics.... but just in case.
Y'all are playing with fire here. I actually would say that's a story spoiler, but if you want, Xeno, I can PM you the specifics of what changes when that happens.

Oh man, Persona 4 feels so smooth compared to P3 FES. The gameplay is faster, direct commands like in P3P, better camera angles, and no tedious text boxes to go thru when you want to check a party member's stats. I already love Persona 4, although I can't seem to get Player's Advantage because the enemies see me even when I'm behind them.

Just got a mail from playasia saying that at launch Ultimax's regular edition comes with Part 1 of the Persona Tarot Card Collection and an 18" inflatable Teddie bop bag.

I'm still going with the PSN version to avoid shipping costs though.

I still hold that Bobobo is one of Shonen Jump's best series. There had to be so many Japanese puns list in translation, but the series had a charm to it, beyond it not having much rhyme or reason.

Yeah, I agree. A bunch of my friends and I all read it at once, and we still regularly quote stuff from it to this day.

PGAF I'm about to start my finals week. First exam is in about an hour, here's hoping that the power of friendship and bonds from here gets me through it D:

Best of luck man. Do your best. :)

Dude its nearly mid August.....how do you still have exams. I'm in the UK and the latest we have exams is mid july.

Anyway good luck.

Thanks guys! And I'm fast tracking my degree so I have classes every semester. This is the last week of the Summer semester, then I go straight towards the Fall one 2 weeks later. If I do it this way I'll be able to finish in 3 years.

Dantis

My PQ OST finally arrived! Whooooo!

Like how you firmly believed P4D was going to be in last week's Famitsu? They already revealed their new Etrian Odyssey project in August, regardless.

EXACTLY.

I never said that I firmly believed that P4D would be shown.

MSMrRound

Off topic, sorry, but I'd appreciate suggestions for the P4AU Import OT title for when it goes up on the 21st.

Persona Ultimax Ultra Suplex HOOOOOOLDOO [OT]SHO' me your moves!/ It's Sho Time!
or No, HE's not going to be included as a DLC character dammit. Stop asking.

My PQ OST finally arrived! Whooooo!

Grats Dantis. Sure took a while.

Happy Bday Marche. Sorry if I'm late or anything >.>

CorvoSol

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

Time to poll all four of you who made it this far!

In Mt. Iwato, when
Maya finally regains her memories
did you
make her comfort Tatsuya, or slap him?
I went with
slapping his face and I do not regret it even for a minute.

Dantis

I mean the context to the images. There's some broken logic behind all of them, like the cover is Rise trying to get a bigger bust by drinking milk.

You need someone who knows Japanese to tell us the misheard lyrics. I had a look at some of track images and I can't make sense of them, lol

Swedesu

In Mt. Iwato, when
did you
I went with

Of course I
slapped him, that downer Tatsuya needs to lighten up, and you should always hit people in the face when given the option in P2.

That scene is hilarious and heartwarming for the record.

Nachos

Does anyone know the context to all of these? Some of them seem random as heck.
I know for certain that the cover is based on the Japanese audience mishearing "Thought I Knew You" from Best Friends as the equivalent of "Have a milk cow."

I actually want to say it was "Datsu Nugu," but obviously that was part of the stream, too, so I'm shaky on that.

I've got no clue about the rest of it, though.

CorvoSol

Of course I
slapped him, that downer Tatsuya needs to lighten up, and you should always hit people in the face when given the option in P2.

That scene is hilarious and heartwarming for the record.

Agreed. Eternal Punishment manages to pull off a number of those, I think. It's sad that ATLUS ignores these games, because at the very least the story remains as endearing as ever.

Setsu00

Someone like Setsu might be able to tell us. I think he knows Japanese.

The characters that were chosen seem indeed rather random. I guess Himukai just picked who ever he thought might fit with the misheard text.

The misheard lyrics themselves are quite funny sometimes, but I can't always make out the original line from the pics. I might translate them if you guys are interested.

Swedesu

Agreed. Eternal Punishment manages to pull off a number of those, I think. It's sad that ATLUS ignores these games, because at the very least the story remains as endearing as ever.

Yup, and I would argue that Katsuya is one of the best character in the series.
He's a super serious goofball who comes of as super cold and distant in Tatsuyas eyes and that completely shifts in EP where you see that he really cares for his family and friends and tries his damndest to help them out.

He also convicts demons of stalking and marriage fraud which is the silliest thing.
His fascination with cats is just the cherry on top of the Katsuya cake.

PK Gaming

I need context for the right image, stat!

In Mt. Iwato, when
did you
I went with

I gave him a good slap.

Maya: I'll slap a bitch if I got to

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Thanks for the kind words about Pie-gis. If I think of any more stupid Persona cast puns I'll be sure to illustrate those as well.

PGAF I'm about to start my finals week. First exam is in about an hour, here's hoping that the power of friendship and bonds from here gets me through it D:

Just look out for what symbols are appearing above your head as you write for an indication of how you're doing.

Top Bottom