• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

FluxWaveZ

I have a feeling it will be at TGS. The latest I expect P5 to come out is Feb and since these games get announced properly 4 months before release or so I am guessing November is the latest we will hear about.

Well, I don't know about Persona 5—and the fact that Atlus doesn't have their own booth at this year's TGS doesn't really make me think it would have a significant presence there (more like a P5 trailer being shown a week or so before TGS, with it replaying at Sega's booth, potentially combined with a playable P4D)—but they haven't gone a year since 2010 without announcing a game releasing in the subsequent year. Maybe P5 would be one of them.

Looking at Sega Sammy's consumer business fiscal quarters, maybe September would make sense for something different in 2015. Perhaps the brand new IP—potentially Asraga Adventure Chronicle—they teased recently? Hm, maybe not, but it's a possibility. Related: I didn't think too much about it at the time, but they must be working on something at least on the level of Persona 5 right now since they recently teased that they started development on a game set specifically for release in 3 years time. In fact, that sounds almost exactly like how they were talking about Persona 5 before it was formally announced.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Make a Da Man(go) Jun-pie

No pie, but I like da mango.

gO7OlUG.gif

LX_Theo

Banned
Well, I don't know about Persona 5—and the fact that Atlus doesn't have their own booth at this year's TGS doesn't really make me think it would have a significant presence there (more like a P5 trailer being shown a week or so before TGS, with it replaying at Sega's booth, potentially combined with a playable P4D)—but they haven't gone a year since 2010 without announcing a game releasing in the subsequent year. Maybe P5 would be one of them.

Looking at Sega Sammy's consumer business fiscal quarters, maybe September would make sense for something different in 2015. Perhaps the brand new IP—potentially Asraga Adventure Chronicle—they teased recently? Hm, maybe not, but it's a possibility. Related: I didn't think too much about it at the time, but they must be working on something at least on the level of Persona 5 right now since they recently teased that they started development on a game set specifically for release in 3 years time. In fact, that sounds almost exactly like how they were talking about Persona 5 before it was formally announced.

Persona 6
:p

FluxWaveZ

Persona 6
:p

Heh, no way... Right? Hm, were P3 and P4 partially developed in conjunction? I'd need to look more into their respective dev. cycles, but I guess starting development on P6 wouldn't be impossible if they had a plan set for it similar to P3 and P4, plus they have their new engine that they would surely use for more than P5, and which would presumably be particularly apt for P6.

Interesting.

Edit: Plus, it's probable that the game that's 3 years off is part of an established Atlus franchise because they didn't specifically mention that it's a brand new IP like they did with the other. Persona 6 almost sounds likely...

Edit 2: Also, 3 years off would mean 2017, and if P5 were to be released in 2015, that would create the same two year interval between P5 and P6 as there was for P3 and P4.

Soulflarz

Banned
Woah, you did this? Both great!

Lol noo. Thats an official thing/Soejima im pretty sure, its just from a corner of the internet that i found it on when i was looking for info on a remix of Reach Out to the Truth mixed with Persona 1's PSP opening. Which I can link if anyone wants, apparently that was official too!

But yeah, *not* me >.<

LX_Theo

Banned
Heh, no way... Right? Hm, were P3 and P4 partially developed in conjunction? I'd need to look more into their respective dev. cycles, but I guess starting development on P6 wouldn't be impossible if they had a plan set for it similar to P3 and P4, plus they have their new engine that they would surely use for more than P5, and which would presumably be particularly apt for P6.

Interesting.

Edit: Plus, it's probable that the game that's 3 years off is part of an established Atlus franchise because they didn't specifically mention that it's a brand new IP like they did with the other. Persona 6 almost sounds likely...
If its 3 years off they'll definitely be spending time porting that engine to PS4. They could even release it on both. Then again, I think that'll be the case P6 or not.

Squire

Banned
Persona 3 totally promotes suicide omg don't let anyone play this game

Don't let that eat at you, man. X-Play was always dismissive of JRPGs. It was part of the schtick; played for laughs.

You know most people don't think the game promotes suicide.

Meia

And once again art week gets hijacked. Or maybe it's growing into more. :D

Someone needs to come up with a Naoto food. Nanachos works, but so did Naocho. :p

CorvoSol

You forgot Mit-syrup, Stew-kiko, and Nanacho.

/dead

Also in the realm of Persona name puns, I always laugh when I read Suou because Suor means "to sweat" and Suou is the past tense.

So it's like Tats and Kats be real sweaty.

EDIT: P1 Manga

is it just me, or does every girl in school, including Ms. Saeko, seem to have too much chemistry with Mr. Todou here?

Toast-suke Ham-amura

Chew-kiko Lamb-agi

Cheese-ay Salt-n-pepper

Kanji Hot-soupy

Grease-ay Kuji-kiwi
Raisinette

Fuuka Ham-and-cheesy

Akihiko (or Ken) Enchilada/Empanada

Yukari Taco-ba
Yuka-flan (Yuka-tan)

Ok. This is too much, I feel silly. :p

PK Gaming

/dead

Also in the realm of Persona name puns, I always laugh when I read Suou because Suor means "to sweat" and Suou is the past tense.

So it's like Tats and Kats be real sweaty.

EDIT: P1 Manga

is it just me, or does every girl in school, including Ms. Saeko, seem to have too much chemistry with Mr. Todou here?

He's a stud

I don't know why people call out P4 for having a protag that everyone wants to bang, since it's common to every Persona game.

Top Bottom