• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Dantis

DLC characters on launch feel pretty lame to me, but I think Arc do it as a way to bring in a bit of extra cash because their games don't do mega numbers.

FluxWaveZ

Much like the P3M X Pasela Resorts cafe that was happening (is happening?) a while back, there will be a PQ collaboration with, I guess, its own dedicated menu.

A high quality pic seen before from one of the three posted on the PSN page:

All these little tidbits of info are raising my hype levels like no other. Will the Japanese version have English voices and text like Arena did? Im guessing it wont since it's "not" region locked.

We don't know. I tried asking atlusprime if the English version would have dual audio, but I didn't get a response, so I wonder if that's also something being kept in wraps or not. The Japanese version could have dual text/audio given the close release dates, but it's probably something else we'll only find out when the game comes out.

All these little tidbits of info are raising my hype levels like no other. Will the Japanese version have English voices and text like Arena did? Im guessing it wont since it's "not" region locked.

We don't know. I tried asking atlusprime if the English version would have dual audio, but I didn't get a response, so I wonder if that's also something being kept in wraps or not. The Japanese version could have dual text/audio given the close release dates, but it's probably something else we'll only find out when the game comes out.

Ahh, fair enough. Im against digital titles, but id be willing to pick this one up if i could get it a month early. You still gonna main all the shadow characters Flux?

Xenoflare

Is the original p4a's online play international? I thought the Japanese voice tracks are included due to compatibility purposes. Like if you are playing with a player in Japan with Japanese voices as default while yourself uses English.

FluxWaveZ

You still gonna main all the shadow characters Flux?

Uh, sure...

Is the original p4a's online play international? I thought the Japanese voice tracks are included due to compatibility purposes. Like if you are playing with a player in Japan with Japanese voices as default while yourself uses English.

That's how it works, yes. This doesn't mean that the story mode—or any VA outside of battles—would have dual audio, though.

So who from here is getting the Japanese version? We aren't allowed spoilers here so whoever you are, pls be a bro and if you go through the campaign PM me if our friend Makoto is referred in this or not, just to put me more at ease and calm my hype. Thank you. :D

Uh, sure...

Wasn't that your original goal?

So who from here is getting the Japanese version? We aren't allowed spoilers here so whoever you are, pls be a bro and if you go through the campaign PM me if our friend Makoto is referred in this or not, just to put me more at ease and calm my hype. Thank you. :D

I think within 24 hours of release, the entire internet will know about his part in the story.

Xenoflare

That's how it works, yes. This doesn't mean that the story mode—or any VA outside of battles—would have dual audio, though.

I see.

I won't be missing much since I used English for p4a. But this could be annoying since the first one had full dual audio yet this one is up in the air.

FluxWaveZ

Are we sure he wasn't just talking about the Episode [Redacted] part of the DLC? That'd make the most sense since it's a single player affair. Some people with limited storage space (ie 4GB Xboxs) wouldn't appreciate 3 patches that contained sprites, sound effects, dual audio voice overs, character data, etc for each DLC character.

He's not on the disc.

Have we heard anything on the Arena DLC story for the US?

Edit: Ah, but you might have meant Episode P4A. Haven't heard anything about that one.

Levito

Banned
Japanese Teddie is one of the few times where I think a VO would kill my enjoyment of game if I were to play it that way.

kewlmyc

Japanese Teddie is one of the few times where I think a VO would kill my enjoyment of game if I were to play it that way.

He's a little grating in long intervals, but I find Rise to be worse. Never been a fan of her Japanese VO (Rie Kugimiya).

Lunar15

B-but Daisuke Namikawa is the best Yu...

I agree with this.

It's a heartbreaking loss.

But I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it.

When I played through the Japanese P4G, I found him genuinely charming and funny.

His voice actor, Kappei Yamaguchi, is a legend, definitely one of the greats. His Usopp is so endlessly enjoyable and the primary reason I'll never be able to watch a One Piece dub. But in general, I never enjoyed his Teddie all that much. I just prefer the english in this case.

This Naoto Week was the perfect excuse to finally do something I've been wanting to do for a while. I may not be good at drawing, but there's something I am
kind of
good at: music.

I took Seeker of Truth and Secret Base and combined them into one song. There are some more details about what I tried to do in the description in the link, but let me tell you something: those songs are way too different. It was interesting to do this because I discovered things about those songs I wasn't aware of (mostly regarding Secret Base). No wonder some people even though Seeker of Truth and Missions for the Brilliant Executor were different versions of the same song. Kitajoh needs to have some more rhythm variation. That would improve his songs a lot, and that's why I changed the drums in Seeker of Truth.

Anyway, it took me four days to do this. Four days of listening to the same song over and over and over and over again. I tried my best to make it sound good (considering that it's all made with sintesized sounds
and I suck at mixing
), so please be excited.

Without further ado, here's what I jokingly called Seeker of Truth - Secret mix -.

I like Naoto.

Mdesilva

DAMN, Lucas, I really like your song! :D

Oh darn. I'll miss out on Teddie's and Rise's wonderful Japanese voices.

I love Usopp, though.

Aw, I'm going to miss Aigis' de arimasu line.

iD9zxG2ejsgvm.jpeg
I meant for storymode lol.

I wouldn't be too sure about that yet. Ultimax is nearly triple the size of its predecessor which had it. Does the game really have that many 720p anime cutscenes to justify ~8GB increase in size?
That's a fair point, and I hope you're right.

Dantis

This Naoto Week was the perfect excuse to finally do something I've been wanting to do for a while. I may not be good at drawing, but there's something I am
kind of
good at: music.

I took Seeker of Truth and Secret Base and combined them into one song. There are some more details about what I tried to do in the description in the link, but let me tell you something: those songs are way too different. It was interesting to do this because I discovered things about those songs I wasn't aware of (mostly regarding Secret Base). No wonder some people even though Seeker of Truth and Missions for the Brilliant Executor were different versions of the same song. Kitajoh needs to have some more rhythm variation. That would improve his songs a lot, and that's why I changed the drums in Seeker of Truth.

Anyway, it took me four days to do this. Four days of listening to the same song over and over and over and over again. I tried my best to make it sound good (considering that it's all made with sintesized sounds
and I suck at mixing
), so please be excited.

Without further ado, here's what I jokingly called Seeker of Truth - Secret mix -.

I like Naoto.

This is super cool. Do you play any actual instruments?

Also, we need more Naoto week stuff. COME ON GUYS GET IT TOGETHER.

FluxWaveZ

Reminder that that big podcast with Dacidbro, Lordknight, and Atlusprime is happening this Friday. If you want to get a question in, do it soon!

"FluxWaveX"

Lovely.

That's a fair point, and I hope you're right.

I suppose there's that, but it's really the logistical standpoint of both versions of the game releasing in NA and JPN being practically the same, as it could be an extra effort to remove them due to unknown region lock circumstance purposes (also considering that P4A had dual text and dual audio)?

I'd like the JPN version to have dual text, at least, so that I didn't have to wait to experience the story. Speaking of which, wonder when they'll give out their standard spoiler warning for the game's story. Probably next week (or like 3 days before the 28th, like it was for PQ).

DAMN, Lucas, I really like your song! :D

Told you, Believe the hype™

This is super cool. Do you play any actual instruments?

Also, we need more Naoto week stuff. COME ON GUYS GET IT TOGETHER.

I play guitar and bass since I'm 14, and I've studied drums for six months. Also, I'm studying music at uni. Next week I start my orchestra classes.

I'm still waiting for some Naoto week stuff made by you, Dantis :p

Dantis

Told you, Believe the hype™

I play guitar and bass since I'm 14, and I've studied drums for six months. Also, I'm studying music at uni. Next week I start my orchestra classes.

I'm still waiting for some Naoto week stuff made by you, Dantis :p

Let's just say that you should keep an eye on my Twitter or Tumblr over the next few hours then!

It's not the bunny suit picture, don't get excited.

MSMrRound

Why the talk about the there might be/might not be dual audio all of a sudden?

I remember asking about it once over here...and I think some of the guys mentioned fighting games usually have dual audio for the purpose of cross-region play? (Unless the servers are separated of course)

Style

Banned

I remember asking about it once over here...and I think some of the guys mentioned fighting games usually have dual audio for the purpose of cross-region play? (Unless the servers are separated of course)

They mean for story mode. It's not guaranteed that the game will have dual text/audio for the story mode, I guess?

Nachos

There'll almost certainly be dual audio for the battles, but that doesn't necessarily mean there'll be dual audio for everything else.

PK Gaming

There's a "FluxWaveY" in there too. They say imitation's the sincerest form of flattery, y'know ;P

Which do you prefer? I'm more of fan of FluxWaveY myself; his ability lets him incinerate just about anything that doesn't resist Fire-type moves, and he's got a magnificent Special Attack stat.

CorvoSol

Which do you prefer? I'm more of fan of FluxWaveY myself; his ability lets him incinerate just about anything that doesn't resist Fire-type moves, and he's got a magnificent Special Attack stat.

FluxWaveX changes fucking color and grows a fire mustache.

I think we know who the winner here is.

Nachos

FluxWaveX changes fucking color and grows a fire mustache.

I think we know who the winner here is.

Pssh, you all know they're going to reveal FluxWaveα and FluxWaveω any time now. It's so obvious that FluxWave is PersonaGAF's Marie.

Top Bottom