• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Caladrius

Let's change things up a bit.

What is your favorite Megaten element?

Mudo/Death

Sinister-looking as fuck. Having Beelzebub and Alice with Death Flies and Die For Me! as their patrons probably has a lot to do with that.

I mean who doesn't like smiting your foes with righteous holy talismans? I wish there were variants of Hama that did damage, like in Persona 1.

DDS actually turns the Hama line into a % based damaging attack (it still has to actually work, of course, but...) and Seraph Lore (100% chance to cut HP by 80% if Light isn't nullified) from Digital Devil Saga 2 is one of your go-to tools for the final dungeon.

Guys can you help me with something?

I want to download Marie and [Redacted] in the first week, of course, but unfortunately when the game comes out, I won't have either a xbox or a ps3 at hand to download it because I'll be moving to another country to study, I'll only take my vita with me. I do have both Live and PSN accounts, is there a way I can reserve them somehow? So when I get my hands in one of the consoles I can download them for free? ( I prentend to buy one there, most probably a ps3).

Andrefpvs

Guys can you help me with something?

I want to download Marie and [Redacted] in the first week, of course, but unfortunately when the game comes out, I won't have either a xbox or a ps3 at hand to download it because I'll be moving to another country to study, I'll only take my vita with me. I do have both Live and PSN accounts, is there a way I can reserve them somehow? So when I get my hands in one of the consoles I can download them for free? ( I prentend to buy one there, most probably a ps3).

Use the web PS Store:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

King Fost

Neo Member

What is your favorite Megaten element?

I always particularly liked Garu/Zan, Bufu, and Tera but if you put a gun to my head, I'd say it's a toss up between Garu and Tera, maybe Tera a bit more since it's more obscure *puts on hipster glasses*

Also Aqua should stay gone. It was always rather redundant with Bufu around and that's saying something when it appears in a game with way too many fucking elements.

Andrefpvs

I can download things straight from my PC and later put it in the console? Or is it like a queue to be later download on the console itself? Thanks a bunch!

You can add stuff to your download list so you can download them later on the console. Just make sure the content says "Purchased", and you can download it later at any time!

I can download things straight from my PC and later put it in the console? Or is it like a queue to be later download on the console itself? Thanks a bunch!

It's just purchasing it now so you won't have to pay for it later when it stops being free. No downloading involved.
EDIT: Drat. Beaten.

We should have an Earth elemental skill.
I'm pretty sure DDS has something to that effect.

Swedesu

What is your favorite Megaten element, and why is it Zio?

Does Nuclear count? Because Freidyne is hella rad and Nova Cyther/Kaiser is easily my favorite Persona spell, not to mention it's the signature move of the coolest looking Persona.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Plz no one try to behead me and take my job :(

Too late, I must experience the quickening.

Also, have a Chie.

GlgwIyo.jpg

Persona 1 and 2 did in fact have Tera as Earth (also Aqua).

I can imagine a lot of good-looking attacks with earth properties.. It's a weird choice to let such skill out since it would complete the classical 4 elements in Buddhism (earth - Tera, water - Bufu, fire - Agi, air - Garu).

Not sure I get your reasoning. If the game launched on October 7 in NA (or Sepetember 16), that wouldn't really contradict anything.

It's not going to release later then 9/30. I'd make an avatar bet on that. As for 9/16, I don't know about the Japanese appetite for DLC, but DLC for a two week old game wouldn't really fly over well here. Of course I'm assuming that Marie will be released in JP by the time we get her, but I think that's reasonable.

An plus there's Gamestop's description, giving specific dates for the first week DLC availability. Gamestop don't fill out publisher's product pages for them, so....

FluxWaveZ

It's not going to release later then 9/30. I'd make an avatar bet on that. As for 9/16, I don't know about the Japanese appetite for DLC, but DLC for a two week old game wouldn't really fly over well here. Of course I'm assuming that Marie will be released in JP by the time we get her, but I think that's reasonable.

An plus there's Gamestop's description, giving specific dates for the first week DLC availability. Gamestop don't fill out publisher's product pages for them, so....

I don't know what the release date will be (it's looking to be Sep. 30), but I don't think basing the assumption off of the time interval between the Japanese release date and the potential DLC release date is much when [Redacted] will already be paid DLC for any non first-print release copy, and when there will be glasses DLC, BGM DLC, navigator DLC, alt color DLC and Episode P4A as DLC right from the get-go (some sooner than others).

Additionally, Kokonoe was released for BBCP two weeks after its Japanese release.

Musolf815

What is your favorite Megaten element, and why is it Zio?

Even the name is amazing. Say it out aloud. Go on; do it. It's fun, right? Zio! Z-I-O. Yep, I sure love Zio. Nevermind the fact that it's usually an the upper end of the spectrum in terms of viability (SHOCK status is my jam), it's just plain cool! Ziodyne has perhaps the most satisfying sound effect ever created. I always go out of my way to make Zio my main element in megaten games. Devil Survivor? Elec Dance all night long. Soul Hackers? Is there even choice?!? Go with the sexy element and dominate for the entire game. SMTIV? I'm a Zio man. Persona 1? I roll with Narukami the minute I get him. Persona 2? In Eternal Punishment, I gave Artemis the ZIODYNE skill card. Persona 3? Akihiko on every team + Personas that would usually have Zio skills. Persona 4? *HAH*

I can't give Zio all the credit though; Hama is pretty cool skill too.

I mean who doesn't like smiting your foes with righteous holy talismans? I wish there were variants of Hama that did damage, like in Persona 1.

Zio's the best, it's the first Megaten skill I saw/used. It's weird how nostalgic I feel about playing P4G for the first time Christmas night 2012.

Mdesilva

Zio's the best, it's the first Megaten skill I saw/used. It's weird how nostalgic I feel about playing P4G for the first time Christmas night 2012.
Christmas night? My copy arrived the day before Christmas Eve (Day?), right before the mail would stop. It was clutch as hell. I enjoyed the game for 1.5 to 2 months after that point. Lasted a looooooong time. And it was the best game I've played.

Nap1400

Physical skills in MegaTen are the best. Devil Survivor Deathbound and Multistrike, God's Hand, Deadly Fury, Gaea Rage, you name it.

Phys-element skills like Magma Axis and Friekugel are even better though. Games need more of those.

Meia

I dunno. That we got a PQ release date before a P4AU one kind of worries me. A game being released only 2 months from now that doesn't even have a release date?

FluxWaveZ

I dunno. That we got a PQ release date before a P4AU one kind of worries me. A game being released only 2 months from now that doesn't even have a release date?

Definitely something odd going on concerning the NA/SA P4AU release date. As speculated before, there's the possibility that we don't know about it because of the region free circumstances, and as a possible means to impede reverse importing.

I believe we got the P4A NA release date the month before it came out, so the situation isn't too unusual just compared to that, but add in things like the PQ release date announcement and all of the P4AU additional release content and it's weird. If I were to guess, September 30 will be the actual release date, but its announcement hasn't been made due to circumstances like the import stuff.

I can imagine a lot of good-looking attacks with earth properties.. It's a weird choice to let such skill out since it would complete the classical 4 elements in Buddhism (earth - Tera, water - Bufu, fire - Agi, air - Garu).

Persona 1 had the four classical elements and a set of four physical science forces (Gravity, Nuclear, Force, and Electricity) as a counterpart.

Gazoinks

Persona 1 had the four classical elements and a set of four physical science forces (Gravity, Nuclear, Force, and Electricity) as a counterpart.
Persona 1 has such a ridiculous amount of damage types. I do hope they bring some of them back (Earth and Water would be cool, and I'd at least like P3's physical types), but it got pretty silly. Or it would if you couldn't just spam nuclear to victory. :p

Musolf815

Christmas night? My copy arrived the day before Christmas Eve (Day?), right before the mail would stop. It was clutch as hell. I enjoyed the game for 1.5 to 2 months after that point. Lasted a looooooong time. And it was the best game I've played.

Yeah, my girlfriend got it for me and I had two family Christmas events to go to (my family in the morning, GF's later), so I didn't get to play it until night. Best game I've ever played too!

And wait Ultimax isn't coming out September 30th?

Mdesilva

Yeah, my girlfriend got it for me and I had two family Christmas events to go to (my family in the morning, GF's later), so I didn't get to play it until night. Best game I've ever played too!

And wait Ultimax isn't coming out September 30th?
It's a placeholder date. Could be true, but it's just a placeholder for now.

Persona 1 has such a ridiculous amount of damage types. I do hope they bring some of them back (Earth and Water would be cool, and I'd at least like P3's physical types), but it got pretty silly. Or it would if you couldn't just spam nuclear to victory. :p

I don't know if they need three types like in P3, but I think something like Physical/Projectile like in SMT4 would be fine. But certainly just having it all lumped into one category is a bit boring.

But yes, the 4 different subcategories for Holy and Dark magic was so utterly pointless, as well as every weapon type having its own type because lol, ain't no one using weapons in Persona 1.

Those are back for PQ. It's nice to see how are the P4 cast's weapons categorized like that.

Hmm I don't know if you guys have seen these before, someone posted a series of videos of Ultimax quotes of characters after they win a fight, taken from the japanese arcade. I can't understand much of it, but I thought it would be worth posting for those who haven't seen it, some of them might be interesting?

For example, here's Kanji's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4XBVydiXQM

Aigis's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuC-MgBh-hs

Naoto's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp2g3AhfTKI

Mitsuru's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwLz9aV4YmM

There are others, you guys can see in the related videos or try to put the name of a character and write "serif" that you might find them. I can post them all if anyone wants me to. Sorry if this was already discussed.

Those are back for PQ. It's nice to see how are the P4 cast's weapons categorized like that.

Well, to make a rough guess:
  • Yu: Slash
  • Yosuke: Slash
  • Chie: Strike
  • Yukiko: Strike
  • Kanji: Strike
  • Teddie: EDIT: Slash
  • Naoto: Pierce

That was a typo, but Yukiko I feel is a toss-up between slash and strike (razor fans, I know)

Top Bottom