• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Yukiko and Teddie are are Slash, but otherwise you are correct.

Would be really nice to see him in 3D, if only to figure out how his shawl works.
Me too, I'm one of the weirdos who feels like a lot Kaneko art looks better in 3D. If P5 goes with Kaneko demon designs again, I'd like to see this guy included. I'dike to see Macabre too.

Too late, I must experience the quickening.

Also, have a Chie.

GlgwIyo.jpg

Wasn't a huge fan of Chie before (yeah yeah, jump on me PGAF), but this cosplay right here is awesome.

Wasn't able to keep up with the thread today guys, finals are tearing me a new one. Gonna be somewhat absent a few days for the next week or two.
I did read the news about Marie though, and as I said before, I don't mid her one bit now. She's more than welcome into the roster, and getting her at launch along with [Redacted] is great! One character to go? (Margaret I guess)

Caladrius

Mastema_full.png

Playing strange journey and god damn, definitely one of the best megaten demon designs

Indeed.

It's going to suck to have to go back to ~130 demons/personas after SMT IV. So many great designs have yet to show up in Persona, and unfortunately there's already going to be a ton of staples to fill in most of the roster.

PK Gaming

So you guys wanted Persona Q Attack Types, yeah?

Persona 3

Makoto
Weapon: One-handed Swords
Type: Slash

Yukari
Weapon: Bows
Type: Ranged Pierce

Junpei
Weapon: Two-handed Swords

Akihiko
Weapon: Gloves
Type: Strike

Mitsuru
Weapon: Sabers
Type: Pierce

Aigis
Weapon: Artillery

Ken
Weapon: Spears

Koromaru:
Weapon: Daggers

Shinjiro:
Weapon: Blunt Weapons

Zen & Rei
Weapon: Crossbows

Catherine_characterart_jonny.jpg

This is the best Soejima design, would be amazing if P5 looked similar.
Indeed.

It's going to suck to have to go back to ~130 demons/personas after SMT IV. So many great designs have yet to show up in Persona.
Quality>>>>>Quantity imo. I hated almost every new and super old demon SMT IV added in/brought back.

Speaking of which... there are lots of personas in P3/P4 with bad design that needs to be upgraded. I hope we have this in P5.

There's a few SMT4 demons I'd like to see in P5. I know we can't get all of them because there's just too damn many, but if someone uses Ammit the Devourer, I'll be a happy guy!

EDIT: Also, I don't care that it's spelt 'Ammut'. It doesn't sound nearly as cool.

There's a few SMT4 demons I'd like to see in P5. I know we can't get all of them because there's just too damn many, but if someone uses Ammit the Devourer, I'll be a happy guy!

As said above, quality is better than quantity. I wouldn't mind if they reduce a little the amount of Personas available if they improve their quality, including balance, functionality and design. Said that, I wouldn't mind an overhaul that brings a lot of better demons from SMT to Persona even if they replace older ones.

wmlk

I just hope the Persona team can deliver a new IP like Catherine sometime soon. I'm interested in their transition to PS4 or whatever.

As said above, quality is better than quantity. I wouldn't mind if they reduce a little the amount of Personas available if they improve their quality, including balance, functionality and design. Said that, I wouldn't mind an overhaul that brings a lot of better demons from SMT to Persona even if they replace older ones.

True. Though I guess Mara, Satan, Lucifer, and the Jack bros. are non-negotiable.
Here's an idea for the thread. What personae would you sacrifice to make way for newcomers?

For me, it would be Tam Lin, Sun Wukong, and either Shiva or Vishnu.

Despite her normal attack being pierce, Aigis primarily had strike physical skills in Persona 3. Guess they felt the need to change it.

Well, it is listed as 'artillery'. I guess grenades or rockets technically count as strike.

True. Though I guess Mara, Satan, Lucifer, and the Jack bros. are non-negotiable.
Here's an idea for the thread. What personae would you sacrifice to make way for newcomers?

For me, it would be Tam Lin, Sun Wukong, and either Shiva or Vishnu.

Legion... I hate those heads... lol

Hecatoncheires is also terribly done.

Anybody here would like to see a Mara upgrade? lol

PK Gaming

Fact #1: Setting the difficulty mode to RISKY in Persona Q makes it so you get a game over when the protagonist dies.

Fact #2:

Makoto
Resistances: (none)
Weaknesses: Zio, Mudo

Yu
Resistances: Zio
Immunities: Mudo
Weaknesses: Garu

Conclusion:

so-good.gif

Dugna

Just finished FES for the second time technically finishing persona 3 in its entirety. So now I'm moving to P3P and man this version just moves blazing fast compared to FES it seems.

Sophia

What about the weaknesses?

"Resistances" in this case refers to not merely what they resist, but everything. So yeah none of that changes with the sub-persona.

The Japanese are saying that Makoto on RISKY is like super-duper-ultra-mega hard mode, since everything and their mother uses Mudo in the lategame.

Excellent.

It's not a MegaTen game until one wrong step sends you spiraling down to hell.

Gazoinks

Fact #1: Setting the difficulty mode to RISKY in Persona Q makes it so you get a game over when the protagonist dies.

Fact #2:

Conclusion:

so-good.gif

Yu being the superior protagonist is now canon. :p

I probably won't be playing Risky, though. I always find it annoying when JRPGs end when the protag is KO'd. I feel like it'd especially annoying in an EO-type game.

Xenoflare

Ranged Pierce users can attack enemies that are in the backrow. Furthermore, Ranged Pierce users can attack enemies from the front row.

If it makes you feel any better, Makoto's natural skillset is better than Yu's.

Are there any of the other physical attack attributes have a ranged variant?

PK Gaming

Are there any of the other physical attack attributes have a ranged variant?

Not to my knowledge, no.

Incidentally, the stat spreads in Persona Q are much, much, much better than in your typical Persona game. They're unique and suit the individual character, rather than a balanced mess that was present in Persona 3 (and to a lesser extent, Persona 4)

Considering how limited natural skillsets are, that's not saying much :D

PQ skillset spoiler
Perhaps, but Dekaja is infinitely more useful than Dekunda and he gets DEBILITATE.

Meia

The things they did to the movesets of the personas is honestly the one thing I find most infuriating about the game. I know they needed to have characters specialize, but what they did to some of them
(read: Yukiko)
, really guys?

I had asked before, but how is PQ in terms of bonus content? Like EO usually has post end-game dungeons and the like, does that happen in PQ as well?

Xenoflare

Not to my knowledge, no.

Incidentally, the stat spreads in Persona Q are much, much, much better than in your typical Persona game. They're unique and suit the individual character, rather than a balanced mess that was present in Persona 3 (and to a lesser extent, Persona 4)

PQ skillset spoiler
Perhaps, but Dekaja is infinitely more useful than Dekunda and he gets DEBILITATE.

Cool, I have one more question, (probably more to come but this just popped up)

During the trailers I saw the level up screen of characters, and their empty skill slot has SKILL CARD over it, does that mean we have to unlock them before they fill up?

Xenoflare

The things they did to the movesets of the personas is honestly the one thing I find most infuriating about the game. I know they needed to have characters specialize, but what they did to some of them
(read: Yukiko)
, really guys?

I heard that
Yukiko gains Dia later than Yukari, making the early game for the P4 side harder than P3.

PK Gaming

Cool, I have one more question, (probably more to come but this just popped up)

During the trailers I saw the level up screen of characters, and their empty skill slot has SKILL CARD over it, does that mean we have to unlock them before they fill up?

No, those are skill card slots. You can teach up to 4 skills to each character.

Meia

I heard that
Yukiko gains Dia later than Yukari, making the early game for the P4 side harder than P3.

Yukiko's role in the party is just weird to me to begin with. She learns Salvation, the strongest healing spell in the Persona series, but yet doesn't have any access at all to any aoe healing spells in PQ(including salvation).
A lot of the choices they made are just really super odd.

Like I said, I get that they needed to have characters specialize more, but I was way more excited for this when I had figured they would try to tie characters into specific class types(ala EO). I don't know what to think of the game now if the combat isn't really all that fun...

Xenoflare

Yukiko's role in the party is just weird to me to begin with. She learns Salvation, the strongest healing spell in the Persona series, but yet doesn't have any access at all to any aoe healing spells in PQ(including salvation).

Like I said, I get that they needed to have characters specialize more, but I was way more excited for this when I had figured they would try to tie characters into specific class types(ala EO). I don't know what to think of the game now if the combat isn't really all that fun...

What.
So she only get's single target healing spells? Is she now a pure offensive magical character that specialize in fire? This is very odd indeed. Is Yukari the major healer then? I don't think these are spoilers, but anyways

What.
So she only get's single target healing spells? Is she now a pure offensive magical character that specialize in fire? This is very odd indeed. Is Yukari the major healer then? I don't think these are spoilers, but anyways

Yukari gets
the Dia/Garu/Media sets
while Yukiko gets
the Agi/Maragi/Dia sets

In any case, sub-Personas exist to make up for the skill deficit their main ones so it's not like characters are locked into only three skills for most of the game.

PK Gaming

That's because they tried to avoid redundancy between skillsets. Yukari is the dedicated healer. She learns both single target and multi target healing spells, but in exchange, she only comes equipped with single target Garu spells.

In any case, skill cards allow you to completely remedy this, since you can teach Yukari multi target Garu spells, and multi target healing spells for Yukiko.

Mdesilva

Did anyone who went to AX or EVO get to try Yukari? I'm wondering how big her execution barrier is. Does she have anything like 5A pickups in combos or anything?

I mean, it is P4U, so I'm not TOO worried, but I am a scrub too. There's only really one good Yukari player (Tahichi), and I'm wondering if that's because she's too hard or sucks or whatever.

squadr0n

Where are they going with the new Anime lol. Like i figured by now it would have fell into some sort of groove. 3 Episodes in so far and im left wondering if this is what the entire show is going to be.

What about
Mediarama, Diarahan and other healing spells?

Basically, each character has a set of skills that upgrade as they level. In Yukari's case, she gets the Dia, Garu and Media line of spells - as she levels up, eventually Dia will be replaced by Diarama and eventually by Diarahan, Garu will evolve into Garula and then that will become Garudyne, etc. Everyone's skill set goes up to completion in this manner, so if someone has Agi they're gonna end up with Agidyne if you level them long enough.

Meia

What about
Mediarama, Diarahan and other healing spells?

Yukari gets all single and multi target heals, while Yukiko only gets single targets.

And skill cards COULD remedy the situation depending on how you can even access them. Not even sure how this game accomplishes giving them out.

Xenoflare

Basically, each character has a set of skills that upgrade as they level. In Yukari's case, she gets the Dia, Garu and Media line of spells - as she levels up, eventually Dia will be replaced by Diarama and eventually by Diarahan, Garu will evolve into Garula and then that will become Garudyne, etc. Everyone's skill set goes up to completion in this manner, so if someone has Agi they're gonna end up with Agidyne if you level them long enough.

I see.... any other character that has Dia/Media? What about Recarm? Sorry about the barrage of the questions lol

Top Bottom